Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Rob

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server !

Post by Rob »

Alright. I just finally seen The Beast in game.. in my base, and it ate my soul. Now time to try and find my way back home.. -_-

I will be clearing out the forest near my base as soon as I get back.. those wolves will pay!
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

In other news, 4 stacks of vine traps sent your way, Ryo.[/quote]

sweet thanks man :D
Rob wrote:Alright. I just finally seen The Beast in game.. in my base, and it ate my soul. Now time to try and find my way back home.. -_-

I will be clearing out the forest near my base as soon as I get back.. those wolves will pay!
I say death by fire! :D *hands flint and steel* now go my son and have your revenge on the wolfsies!
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Rob

Post by Rob »

ryoloth wrote:I say death by fire! :D *hands flint and steel* now go my son and have your revenge on the wolfsies!
I wish I knew the way home so I could burn the forest down.. lol I gave up for today. If anyone swings by my place, could you please chest my items. They are inside the NPC village I have walled off.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Caught the bastard!
Spoiler
Show
Used my villagers as bait, and while the wolf was occupied with staring into the house like the big bad wolf, I caged his ass and poked him promptly with a stick.
On further inspection of my wolves, I found one missing. Thinking back about the incident, I pieced together the events that took place.

A while back during a lightning storm at my base, lightning struck the ground where my wolves were sitting and 4 of them stopped sitting. So being the lazy man that I am, I made them just sit where they teleported to and called it a day. So about 30 minutes before my run in with the beast, I came across a zombie in my base. I murdered him quick but his flesh landed nearby one of my previously escaped wolves and before I could grab the meat, the wolf gobbled it up. Now, my wolves have been starving for a long time, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it seems that one flesh was enough to send the wolf into beast mode. So while I was cleaning up old fence work I never finished, he got me from behind.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Looks like someone was ravaged from behind = p

Im pretty sure this HCS will give us some neat stories to tell
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Alright, I'm gonna try to revive Hammersly Town and settle Hammersly(Name Pending) as a faction.

Things to Note:
Wirerx(for all those who don't know my IGN) is currently working on getting more buildings and organising Hammersly into a respectable community.
Jecowa(co-founder) is declared MIA/Hiatus, so nothing to expect there.
Leteatdonut/Floyper(co-founder) has officially retired from Hammersly and is now AFAIK a Terrene Resident.
GetCarnivore(citizen) is MIA. No Idea when he plans to return. I want to make a town worth returning to, anyway.
Lexer556(citizen) is also MIA. Not sure what to do about him.
NazziHunter(Working oermit/Possible Citizen) is part of Hammersly(Name Pending) Faction until he decides what he wants to do.
I want more citizens. Ryo, stop snapping up everyone who joins this server.

I kind of understand why MegaChunk was made with limited landmass now. It's meant(I believe) to be a collaboration server, where people work together to make cool/amazing/otherwise interesting things. The unfortunate bit is that every group starts with a great vision, but ends up fracturing into individuals doing their own thing. I know it's going to happen sooner or later, but I want to get people in Hammersly again. Presently, it's more or less a ghost town with Me and NazziHunter coming every now and then. I miss having the community when the server first started, as strange and annoying a group it was. Guess you don't know what you have until it goes poof.

I don't intend to desert Tobukasai either. It's both my personal space and resource production/processing area. I'm easily one of the bigger criminals when it comes to walking off on my own, just to do what I want. I acknowledge that. I have projects I want to work on, separately from Hammersly. However, I'm tired of leaving something to just weather away, just because it got boring. It's a bad habit I'm not fond of. I'm going to put Hammersly back on the project list, so it can be somewhere worth visiting, like Sentarshedeen. Ryo's done a great job of it. It's still a focus for him to work on. Sure, no one else gets to touch it, but I admire the dedication he has to it.

What attracts people to a group? Is it safety in numbers? Is it the idea that being in the group will lead to being part of something big? The former was the original reason for Hammersly's founding, I believe the latter to attribute to Maridran's current whole. What do I need in Hammersly to get people going again?

I'm kinda sad how many dead or non-existent communities we have on this server now.
Gdteatime(The Pittsburgh Federation) is MIA. He still hasn't paid me for the Ship commissioned.
Seriine and Bittersweet(Raven's Landing) are also MIA. If you're still around, give a holler. I miss you guys.
Baalzeroth(Arctic Land) is missing since near the beginning of the server. seriously, no one even knows who he is besides PK.
Jecowa(WhiteHaven/Hammersly) has mysteriously disappeared since Better than AlligatorsHorses went into Development.
Citizens of above communities are missing.

I'm not sorry for the long post, nor am I going to spoiler it. There is no TL;DR. this should be read. It's plenty relevant to the server. If you think otherwise, please express such. If you skip over it, I can't stop you, but then you're probably doing your own thing anyways.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I agree that the server has gone quiet. The whitelist has what, 94 people on it? And I only ever see 5-6 names consistently. I am guilty of doing my own thing and for that I apologize. I won't stop my project though. :-P I would, however, be interested in a server project, and would put my plans on hold for the greater good. If I may suggest an idea for a project. Since hardcore spawn is now permanent, maybe we could go create a road that circles spawn at 1k radius and 2k radius. Add signs and shelter and small farms and materials to help limit the frustration some members have been having with HCS.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

I have been on a bad hardwere trip lately and im already in dept with Ryo on the farming thingy. Server projects are a little behind my radar as Gaufres has nothing on it yet =(
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Rob wrote: If I may suggest an idea for a project. Since hardcore spawn is now permanent, maybe we could go create a road that circles spawn at 1k radius and 2k radius. Add signs and shelter and small farms and materials to help limit the frustration some members have been having with HCS.
An interesting idea, but I'm not too sure of the feasibility. you're talking carving a curved road through a map that is mostly water and hills. Small farms around are a possibility, but we have no idea where HC Spawn will place us. Making compounds in several places around the map sounds like something. I'm thinking we might want to get beacons up in those compounds and at our bases so that they're visible to anyone in the vicinity. i'm not too sure though. render distance might be an issue for some.

as for server projects, Ryo's got some epic mobfarm planned. you can always offer your help there.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:Alright, ~snip
I want more citizens. Ryo, stop snapping up everyone who joins this server.
noted, I will stop with the snapping of the peoples :)
DiamondArms wrote: I kind of understand why MegaChunk was made with limited landmass now. It's meant(I believe) to be a collaboration server, where people work together to make cool/amazing/otherwise interesting things.
You hit the nail on the head with this one man, when I first approached PK with the idea of a server reset this was one of the points that was brought up
DiamondArms wrote:....so it can be somewhere worth visiting, like Sentarshedeen. Ryo's done a great job of it. It's still a focus for him to work on. Sure, no one else gets to touch it, but I admire the dedication he has to it.
Others can touch it, just not to in a completely open ended way, they can have a (relatively large) plot of land to start a town if they wish in which they can do what they like. ^-^
DiamondArms wrote: Seriine and Bittersweet(Raven's Landing) are also MIA. If you're still around, give a holler. I miss you guys.
agreed! you are missed very much guys
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:
DiamondArms wrote:....so it can be somewhere worth visiting, like Sentarshedeen. Ryo's done a great job of it. It's still a focus for him to work on. Sure, no one else gets to touch it, but I admire the dedication he has to it.
Others can touch it, just not to in a completely open ended way, they can have a (relatively large) plot of land to start a town if they wish in which they can do what they like. ^-^
I meant Sentarshedeen city, a.k.a the patch of ground surrounded 20 block high sandstone walls with empty cavities that monsters spawn in and generally scare the shit out of anyone that's nearby. granted, there's not much space to build there anymore, but still. Sentarshedeen still looks like a work in progress. The water feature on the west wall is interesting, but doesn't look like anything in particular. I'd understand if Sentarshedeen was built to be like a palace, but it currently feels half done, especially with all the dark corners.

At this point, I actually want Hammersly to be something like the old Gringotown, with people just setting up on any empty sections of land within the walls. I do need walls first, though. Oaktrunk walls seems tempting, but I want to only make it temporary and make some serious walls. maybe out of Whitestone for the distinct effect.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:
ryoloth wrote:
I meant Sentarshedeen city, a.k.a the patch of ground surrounded 20 block high sandstone walls with empty cavities that monsters spawn in and generally scare the shit out of anyone that's nearby. granted, there's not much space to build there anymore, but still. Sentarshedeen still looks like a work in progress. The water feature on the west wall is interesting, but doesn't look like anything in particular. I'd understand if Sentarshedeen was built to be like a palace, but it currently feels half done, especially with all the dark corners.
Yeah, she is still only half done, i have so many ideas bouncing around in my head about how i want it to look, im just letting them settle themselves out and the last one standing will win xD
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:
Yeah, she is still only half done, i have so many ideas bouncing around in my head about how i want it to look, im just letting them settle themselves out and the last one standing will win xD
lemme guess, in the mean time you'll be doing the mobfarm?

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't let the ideas bounce around too long. by the time they settle, they could be buried under other project visions. sometimes ya just got to seize one by the day and refine it from there. sure, it's not exactly what you want, but it's rough start that can be polished into the gem you want. But that's just me.

I'm definitely taking the same approach to rebuilding Hammersly. I still don't know what I want it to look like, but I'll work with it as it grows. I'll tear down anything I don't like and rework it. It's the little things that make the details of the whole.

P.S.
Ryo, dig out the SFS. HC Spawn will be the end of us all. SFS beacons are seriously high priority. If you don't want to just hand it out, I'm willing to do some resource trading for materials for your mobfarm. I'm gonna work on Hammersly and Tobukasai getting SFS beacons to make it safer. Hammersly's going to need at least one tier 3 one in the middle of it. I haven't measured the length of the island yet. Tobukasai's a lot lower in priority, but I'll at least want it to be tier 2 to cover any general mishaps near the house.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So Alex/Rob has shown interest in getting a server to use the new biome gen mod by Adubbz.
I'm thinking, when we generate the new chunks in search of swamps, we can use said mod.
Biomes o' plenty
unless BWG4 still works for generating new chunks into the BTW-filled map, this seems like an interesting alternative.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:P.S.
Ryo, dig out the SFS. HC Spawn will be the end of us all. SFS beacons are seriously high priority. If you don't want to just hand it out, I'm willing to do some resource trading for materials for your mobfarm. I'm gonna work on Hammersly and Tobukasai getting SFS beacons to make it safer. Hammersly's going to need at least one tier 3 one in the middle of it. I haven't measured the length of the island yet. Tobukasai's a lot lower in priority, but I'll at least want it to be tier 2 to cover any general mishaps near the house.
My factory will be working harder than ever to produce SFS and Hellfire blocks, we should get a few people to collect a cubic shit ton of wither skele skulls, i have the many lava filled ravines under sentarshedeen to mass produce obsidian for use in beacons and oby beacons for trading. I think we should begin to make the nether something similar to a summer vacation spot, putting in a grid of 3rd tier hellfire beacons to protect everyone,
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote: My factory will be working harder than ever to produce SFS and Hellfire blocks, we should get a few people to collect a cubic shit ton of wither skele skulls, i have the many lava filled ravines under sentarshedeen to mass produce obsidian for use in beacons and oby beacons for trading. I think we should begin to make the nether something similar to a summer vacation spot, putting in a grid of 3rd tier hellfire beacons to protect everyone,
if it's hellfire you want, I can output some. The SFS beacons come first, though.
I should probably get more clay for urns. My grinder/bottler system works well enough, but I seem to acquire way too much nethrack in comparison to clay.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:
ryoloth wrote: My factory will be working harder than ever to produce SFS and Hellfire blocks, we should get a few people to collect a cubic shit ton of wither skele skulls, i have the many lava filled ravines under sentarshedeen to mass produce obsidian for use in beacons and oby beacons for trading. I think we should begin to make the nether something similar to a summer vacation spot, putting in a grid of 3rd tier hellfire beacons to protect everyone,
if it's hellfire you want, I can output some. The SFS beacons come first, though.
I should probably get more clay for urns. My grinder/bottler system works well enough, but I seem to acquire way too much nethrack in comparison to clay.
lol i have hallfire,the SFS factory makes both SFS ingots and hellfire ingots :) but urns would be good we are running low last i checked
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

What are everyone's thoughts on a silverfish endfarm? We have an obvious need for clay, and not so much a means to get it. It's also really hard on the RS difficulty scale, but it might be worth figuring out. We also can get efficiency scrolls.

Estimated costs:
1 Beacon block(3 wither skulls+4 soulsand)
9-164 obsidian
X Block dispensers(at least 1 per module)
Redstone dust(convertable to torches/repeaters/devices)
Repeaters
Regular supply of stone/stone-related blocks
Lots of research
maybe a large non-stone platform in the middle of nowhere in the end.
Patience. Lots of Patience.
Some other things that may have not been thought of. We still have no idea how to make one.
Bio_Hazard

Post by Bio_Hazard »

Heya all (especially Ryo), TNTs_Best here...

I want to say sorry for my "griefing" which was more or less caused by a misunderstanding.
While rebuilding/refining Sentarshedeens Forge i thought you (ryo) wanted me to do that... well, i was really sure you said that.
It seems like i misunderstood the one main sentence... I can really understand that you are angry about that; i would have been too.
Im really sad to be banned from the server ... i just wanted to say sorry for what i did accidentally. I mean it.
Sorry Ryo.

Greetings from TNTs_Best
Rob

Post by Rob »

Update on my project so far!

Outside
Spoiler
Show
Inside
Spoiler
Show
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

DiamondArms wrote:So Alex/Rob has shown interest in getting a server to use the new biome gen mod by Adubbz.
I'm thinking, when we generate the new chunks in search of swamps, we can use said mod.
Biomes o' plenty
This is exactly the kind of thing I was searching for, I'll be doing some testing offline with this mod and will keep you updated on how it performs.
DiamondArms wrote: unless BWG4 still works for generating new chunks into the BTW-filled map [...]
That is a no-go, I was already doing some testing earlier this week and came to the conclusion that it isn't compatible with the server as it is right now :/
Again, will continue the testing, and will keep you up to date.

On a different topic, I just made a large cleanup on the whitelist, removing players that haven't made it to the new map.
I'll be cleaning it a bit more often, trying to remove inactive players (at least 4 months unseen).
So I just removed the following entries :
Show
Baalzeroth
brezzy
cainbg1978
cinnamon101
crafterfr33
gainspipr
geesaws
impsons
jakusio
jalbert
killguard
kingmonzo
lievenlegend
lion20777
mcharger
megatronmeg
mrgrau
mydareman
new_age_soul
noeggsforlunch
nuchiha
philippixler
popcraftpc
qqq122qq
simurgh83
taleric
tauerpower
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

PK_420 wrote:(at least 4 months unseen).
This is a good idea but what if players give a reason why they cant get on for an extended period of time
and give us an estimated return time. ex. Need to buy a new computer,moving houses,visiting relatives
in another country, etc, etc
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

Floyper wrote:[...] if players give a reason why they cant get on for an extended period of time
and give us an estimated return time. [...]
Well, of course those cases will be considered, if any player gets removed and wishes to come back it'll be as simple as saying: "hey, I'm back, can I get on?"
I'll be keeping track of any player I removed so, no worries. :)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Dammit. Who stole my feathers!?!?!?

Seriously. I'm pretty sure I had a stack or so in my chicken farm. The feathers I had in storage are gone too.

NazziHunter, you're the last person I know of that's been near the machine. did you take the feathers?

damn thief. just after HC archery came out too...
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Sorry I haven't been on much recently, I'm in the process of moving yet again :/. I'll be sure to start fitting in server time in my schedule as soon as that's over so yeah.