Steam Sales

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Heilkaiba

Re: Steam Sales

Post by Heilkaiba »

thekyz wrote:
Heilkaiba wrote:Bear in mind when purchasing Magicka that it requires a dedicated graphics card rather than just an integrated chip. It's worse in terms of optimization than even Minecraft.
Also is Prototype 2 worth getting for £7 (i.e. is the port any good).
Nnng ? I run Magicka real fine on my laptop with integrated graphics whereas I can only run minecraft in tiny view distance. I wouldn't say it's worse than minecraft.
Really? On my old laptop it refused to even start whereas I ran Minecraft on small view distance. Perhaps they have improved it now.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Civ5's on the daily deal for 75% off. That goes for everything but Brave New World, which you can pick up a Steam code for at Green Man Gaming for 30% off if you use the code on its page.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Katalliaan wrote:Civ5's on the daily deal for 75% off. That goes for everything but Brave New World, which you can pick up a Steam code for at Green Man Gaming for 30% off if you use the code on its page.
Just as an addition to here, if you do decide to purchase it, it is well worth going for the Gold edition - It gives you all the DLC (which includes some of the most fun civs in the game) AND the first expansion Gods and Kings.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

For the next 4 hours or so, KSP's on sale for 40% off.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Flash sale: Sword of the Stars The Pit for 2.50$...
Which is mysteriously labeled as a "casual" game. Indeed, you can casually get murdered by all the abominations of the pit.

Daily Deal: Prison Architect for 20$
I'm trying hard to resist the urge to buy this one, but my instinct is telling me it's gonna be a very, very good game once it's finished.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Prison architect is on sale at -34% for the next two days. (17€)

If anyone has played it, here's m'y question : is it worth buying ?
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

If you enjoy management games, it's pretty good. They've recently implemented a system that allows your prisoners to leave, so the "pressure cooker" situation is lessened a bit - your prisoners all have a sentence to serve, and will leave once it's up.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I love the Prison Architect. I've made mention of it elsewhere...let me dig it out so I just don't wind up saying the same things over again:
FlowerChild wrote: The most promising game I've played in this genre is probably Prison Architect, but again, it's still very early in development, and the price tag is also very high for what it is. On the other hand, it's probably one of the most stable in development games I've been playing (which makes sense, as Introversion are industry veterans by now), and I've yet to encounter a single show-stopping bug (a few minor issues mind you) in around 20 hours of play. They also seem to have a great incremental system of development in place, where it really feels like they are bringing each feature to completion before moving on to the next (something I feel most indie devs are pretty bad at), so the stuff that is in there feels very solid. In other words, the stuff you have to do in-game is limited, but what is in there feels largely complete and playable.
So yes, in the overall "Dwarf Fortress-like" genre, Prison Architect is definitely the game I find to be most promising out of the ones I've tried, and I've been watching its development very closely since I started playing it around a month ago.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

FlowerChild wrote:I love the Prison Architect. I've made mention of it elsewhere...let me dig it out so I just don't wind up saying the same things over again:
FlowerChild wrote: The most promising game I've played in this genre is probably Prison Architect, but again, it's still very early in development, and the price tag is also very high for what it is. On the other hand, it's probably one of the most stable in development games I've been playing (which makes sense, as Introversion are industry veterans by now), and I've yet to encounter a single show-stopping bug (a few minor issues mind you) in around 20 hours of play. They also seem to have a great incremental system of development in place, where it really feels like they are bringing each feature to completion before moving on to the next (something I feel most indie devs are pretty bad at), so the stuff that is in there feels very solid. In other words, the stuff you have to do in-game is limited, but what is in there feels largely complete and playable.
So yes, in the overall "Dwarf Fortress-like" genre, Prison Architect is definitely the game I find to be most promising out of the ones I've tried, and I've been watching its development very closely since I started playing it around a month ago.

Tanks man, I wasn't sure if my memory was playing me tricks again... it appears I remembered correctly and someone had recommended it. And when this someone is you, no further question gets asked !!

Tanks again fort the quick answer :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

No problem: keep in mind though that it is very much in development. I don't think I'd recommend the game *as is* at the current price, but I'm very hopeful about where it is going and trust Introversion as a developer.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl ($5), Clear Sky($2.49), and Call of Pripyat ($5) are all on sale right now as a part of the daily deal.

Shadow of Chernobyl is one of the best shooters I have ever played, and is regarded as the best in the STALKER series. So if you only keen on getting one, get Shadow of Chernobyl.
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Crusader Kings II is on sale for 10$ right now, but more importantly, the new viking expansion "The Old Gods" is on sale for 3.74 a opposed to the usual 15$. I do believe that's the first time it's gone on sale.
Calo290

Post by Calo290 »

Don't know if anyone else here plays Darksiders series, but Darksiders II is on sale from 49.99 for 9.99 for the next 30 minutes.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Guns of Icarus is on sale until 8/18 for two thirds off. It's a fun team based game for the money.
Better is the enemy of Good
Fret

Post by Fret »

The whole Total war collection is on sale on steam for 22 euros right now. Only 3 hours left for the sale.
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Papers Please is up for $7.99. I held off as long as I could to buy this doubting it would be worth the cost.

Happy to say it is extremely well done! Even when you are doing well things are cutting close. The story details are hilarious and game play is very immersive.

Surprising replay value so worth $8 for sure.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

It's not steam related, but since they are all steam games anyway. Humble Bundle Weekly sale has a good deal going! Specially if you don't have Crusader Kings II.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

As an aside, War of the Roses allows for BTW heraldry and if you're looking to get in on the official team, this is your affordable opportunity.
Better is the enemy of Good
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Wargame: Airland Battle 50% $19.99

European escalation was so-so; Airland Battle is a solid improvement with over 200 units added including fixed-wing.

The aircraft are very satisfying while having plenty of AA counters. I was very happy to find infantry is also extremely viable.

Ever since I saw iriszoom in R.U.S.E. it has been fun to watch the applications progress. Managing aspects of combat right down to logistics is incredible fun. Only thing to be mindful of is the little beating your rig might take running things.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Since one of my favorite game studios is releasing a new game, I'll be bringing this back up.

The game: Bionic Dues (Tactical Roguelite with customisable mechs)
The sale: Released with 25% off for the first week.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

If there's any pinball fans in the community, now would be a pretty good time to get PinballFX2. The current steam-only weekly bundle contains 22(!!) tables for the game. From Rome to Marvel to Paranormal, there's a lot of variety in the themes, which I think is especially nice. Anyway, good night!
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

SPRING SALE!!!! (wait... i thing its winter sale for most of you)

This is probably the last time you will get to waste your money before you waste your money on the holiday sales!
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Don't Starve is currently at 66% off. Awesome deal for an awesome game.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

XCom is 75% off yeah! I definitely recommend it.

I recommend the expansion too, it isn't on sale though. :/
userzero

Post by userzero »

Sarudak wrote:XCom is 75% off yeah! I definitely recommend it.

I recommend the expansion too, it isn't on sale though. :/
Thanks, just grabbed that and Cities XL off the sale.