[1.5.2] [4.891124] Biomes O' Plenty 0.1.3 - BTW Edition

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Adubbz

Re: [1.5.2] [4.88/4.87] Biomes O' Plenty 0.0.5 - BTW Edition

Post by Adubbz »

FlowerChild wrote: Yeah, I think it's the best route as the initial spawn location can go as far from the origin as necessary to find hospitable terrain, while HC Spawn is limited to a fixed radius around that point. Thus, I could see biome setups that could result in HC Spawn not being able to find any suitable terrain (or a very small amount) if we started excluding specific biomes. Also, the impact on gameplay of HC Spawning into a hostile environment is much less severe than on initial spawn.
Yup, and now that I think about it, having the potential to have to travel through a variety of treacherous terrain in order to get home does certainly sound like it would put the cherry on the cake with regards to the whole "don't let this happen again" aspect. Cause let's be honest here, who doesn't like a bit of extra punishment for their failures? :)
Gabecraft1234

Re: [1.5.2] [4.88/4.87] Biomes O' Plenty 0.0.6 - BTW Edition

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Bug report
BTW 4.88
BOP 5

Version 5 does not generate structures of any kind. No villages. No mine shafts (confirmed with an xray texturepack flying around for ~30 min). No strongholds (unconfirmed).

This is not the case with version 1. When I load that up mine shafts are plentiful and I have already found 3 villages (2 abandoned and 1 populated). (both mine shafts and villages generate properly with FC's changes).
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Bug Report 2
BTW 4.88
BOP 5

Biomes sometimes generate with unsightly seams.
Spoiler
Show
Edit: Solved, just a vMC bug I had never encountered before. Sorry.

Edit: Turns out this actually is a BoP bug caused by reloading the game
Last edited by Gabecraft1234 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Bug Report 3
BTW 4.88
BOP 5

Occasionally the game will stop generating new chunks and the player will be unable to interact w/ the world. Saving and quitting and reloading usually solves the issue. You will be reloaded at what ever point you were at when the glitch first occurred. The game stops saving post glitch.
Psion

Post by Psion »

I've yet to see any unsightly seams, though personally I think that's probably just a chunk error. I've seen things like that happen in vanilla as well.

I can however, confirm the bug where occasionally no more chunks load and the world seems to freeze.

I also checked the structures, and its true that i've yet to see a village despite hours of searching for a home to move to. I also used some eyes of ender to locate a stronghold, but although they led to a spot, there was no stronghold there. I've yet to spy the telltale look of an abandoned mineshafts shadows when flying through the world and looking at the occasional see through ground you get when chunks are loading also.
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Thanks for confirming the lack of strongholds.

It looks like the generate structures option has been accidentally turned off in the world gen code.

This is what happen when you include pointless optional game modes.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Gabecraft1234 wrote:Bug Report 2
BTW 4.88
BOP 5

Biomes sometimes generate with unsightly seams.
Spoiler
Show

As a note, this is caused frequently when you delete a world, and make a new one with the same name right after without restarting your game, a pure vMC bug thats been around for ages. It does occasionally create some interesting landscapes though.
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

Well that explians the unsightly seams because that is exactally what I was doing.

Sorry about that.
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Working on a fix for the whole structures thing now, huge oversight i had when overriding the chunk provider.
Adubbz

Re: [1.5.2] [4.89] Biomes O' Plenty 0.0.7 - BTW Edition

Post by Adubbz »

Updated the OP to 0.0.7, which fixes the bug which prevented natural structures from generating. This includes villages, ravines, abandoned mines shafts, strongholds etc.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Gabecraft1234 wrote:This is what happen when you include pointless optional game modes.
Wow, you sure are a happy camper aren't you?
Anyways, thanks Adubbz for the rapid-fire updating, nice to know you're on the ball.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Foxy Boxes wrote:
Gabecraft1234 wrote:This is what happen when you include pointless optional game modes.
Wow, you sure are a happy camper aren't you?
Anyways, thanks Adubbz for the rapid-fire updating, nice to know you're on the ball.
Thanks man, is always is nice knowing that i've at least got something right :)
Gabecraft1234

Post by Gabecraft1234 »

I have nothing but respect for the author of this addon. The ability to turn off structure gen is Mojang's optional game mode that can be turned on and off by the user when starting a new world.
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Keep up the great work. I think I'm going to be able to talk my server members into adopting this, mostly because I've wanted to add terrain improvements for ages. Would I be correct in assuming that applying this to an existing world will have the same impact as mojang adding new biomes? A sheer cliff and abrupt transition at chunk boundaries?
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

So I'm super excited about a terrain generation add-on. But I'm also wary, because if a terrain gen mod stops being supported, any world you generated with it could be rendered unusable.

So my question is this: what happens if I start generating a world with this mod installed, then uninstall it? Will that world still be useable? What bugs would there be?
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Rob

Post by Rob »

TheAnarchitect wrote:So I'm super excited about a terrain generation add-on. But I'm also wary, because if a terrain gen mod stops being supported, any world you generated with it could be rendered unusable.

So my question is this: what happens if I start generating a world with this mod installed, then uninstall it? Will that world still be useable? What bugs would there be?
My understanding is that since he uses only vanilla blocks, it shouldn't ruin a save. But if you uninstall the mod it will use vMC gen for any new chucks. Making weird world boundaries.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Rob wrote:My understanding is that since he uses only vanilla blocks, it shouldn't ruin a save. But if you uninstall the mod it will use vMC gen for any new chucks. Making weird world boundaries.
How will the now-absent biomes act, though? Would they fall back to some default like plains or would funkier stuff happen?
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Graphite wrote:
Rob wrote:My understanding is that since he uses only vanilla blocks, it shouldn't ruin a save. But if you uninstall the mod it will use vMC gen for any new chucks. Making weird world boundaries.
How will the now-absent biomes act, though? Would they fall back to some default like plains or would funkier stuff happen?
I would assume the default world gen biomes of that seed would just overlay the current terrain.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Psion

Post by Psion »

Anyone who's looking for extreme hills, I wound up finding a seed using large biomes, BTW 4.89, and BoP 0.0.7 with extreme hills right around the origin point. (0,0) is pretty much right at a beach next to some. The hills look rather crazy too, lots of huge overhangs, hidden valleys, waterfalls, even a few small floating islands. Seed is -679904420101388348 if you want it. Me, I'm still searching for a large biomes with a sacred springs at the origin point. XD If not for that, I definitely would build here though. There's also a snow biome of some sort with pine trees, might be tundra or taiga nearby, and an field biome in the vicinity as well.
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

Graphite wrote: How will the now-absent biomes act, though? Would they fall back to some default like plains or would funkier stuff happen?
The absent biomes would likely just start thinking they are Plains, however the existing generated terrain should stay and only the biome colouring of grass and leaves would get slightly muddled.
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

I'd love a heads-up if any servers start using BoP, once we're at a stable and balanced version - which from what I read, seems to be this one.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
Adubbz

Post by Adubbz »

utakataJ6 wrote:I'd love a heads-up if any servers start using BoP, once we're at a stable and balanced version - which from what I read, seems to be this one.
Yup, this is pretty much as stable as it can get really, there are the odd few snags which i'm unsure on the cause but certainly nothing that could completely ruin worlds.
Fret

Post by Fret »

I would love to play with this mod, but I'm worried about the amounts of wolves. In vanilla wolvss spawn in forests and taiga. Do any of your biomes spawn wolves? Because I do wanna play with so many biomes, but not if only 2 of them can give me wolves for dung. That would be very frustrating.
Rob

Post by Rob »

utakataJ6 wrote:I'd love a heads-up if any servers start using BoP, once we're at a stable and balanced version - which from what I read, seems to be this one.
I second this motion. We need a server that uses this mod. :-D
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Rob wrote: I second this motion. We need a server that uses this mod. :-D
How many of these biomes allow surface slimes and witches?
We can ask PK_420 about using this when he goes for generating the swamp chunks.