Hilarious fuckups

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BetterThanDoves

Hilarious fuckups

Post by BetterThanDoves »

Lighting my netherrack to put my cauldron on top of after spending 2 hours building my house. I just broke rule number 1 ;-;.
Spoiler
Show

Post more fails?
BetterThanDoves

Re: Halarious fuckups

Nobody else is an idiot?
basneakyviper

Post by basneakyviper »

Last night i was working on my farm, right after day break, and I'm considering how I want to expand my pumpkins.... BOOM! With half health I turn around to see a hole where my future garden would be. So being glad he did destroy all my living plants I turn my back to my garden and pick up piles to build it again.... BOOM! My next breath of air is in the middle of a jungle with mountains in the distance.... I don't have mountains near my base.... time to punch wood.
August West

Post by August West »

nm
Last edited by August West on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Spoiler your pictures. It's discourteous.
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
BetterThanDoves

Blazara wrote:Spoiler your pictures. It's discourteous.
Sorry about that.
Blazara

Re: Hilarious fuckups

Post by Blazara »

Ah well! All's well and such ;).
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
EmptyNight

Post by EmptyNight »

This ended well but it started out as a fuckup that could have spiraled into HCS fun.
I was exploring a cave trying to get enough iron for a pick and a compass to make my way home. I saw a big hole in the ground with a creeper hanging out further down. I decided to make a dirt stairway down. I got a little too close to him and he blew up, tearing apart my stairway, severely damaging me, and sending me plummeting down the hole, and down into the lowest strata ravine it led to. Thankfully I landed in water and survived. Unfortunately I was in the middle of water, in gloom, and surrounded by monsters. I limp through the water, placing torch after torch until a find dry land and encase myself in dirt. It took me a while, but I slowly increased the size of my casing, giving me more room to breathe. I found tons of iron and even a bit of redstone. Eventually I got out, made my pick, then came back for the redstone. I was reckless and got hit by another creeper that ruined my stairway.
And this is to date the only time I've legitimately made my way back home after a Hardcore Spawn excluding the times I spawned in a familiar area.
IGN: Strucon
BetterThanDoves

EmptyNight wrote:This ended well but it started out as a fuckup that could have spiraled into HCS fun.
I was exploring a cave trying to get enough iron for a pick and a compass to make my way home. I saw a big hole in the ground with a creeper hanging out further down. I decided to make a dirt stairway down. I got a little too close to him and he blew up, tearing apart my stairway, severely damaging me, and sending me plummeting down the hole, and down into the lowest strata ravine it led to. Thankfully I landed in water and survived. Unfortunately I was in the middle of water, in gloom, and surrounded by monsters. I limp through the water, placing torch after torch until a find dry land and encase myself in dirt. It took me a while, but I slowly increased the size of my casing, giving me more room to breathe. I found tons of iron and even a bit of redstone. Eventually I got out, made my pick, then came back for the redstone. I was reckless and got hit by another creeper that ruined my stairway.
And this is to date the only time I've legitimately made my way back home after a Hardcore Spawn excluding the times I spawned in a familiar area.
Thats awesome! At least you made it back!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Because I'm sure not everyone reads posts on a server they don't play on. I figured I'd post my hilarious fuckup here as well. Enjoy my pain. :P

I was murdered by The Beast. The first time I've actually seen one. And he tore me a new butt hole.
Spoiler
Show
Caught the bastard!

On further inspection of my wolves, I found one missing. Thinking back about the incident, I pieced together the events that took place.

A while back during a lightning storm at my base, lightning struck the ground where my wolves were sitting and 4 of them stopped sitting. So being the lazy man that I am, I made them just sit where they teleported to and called it a day. So about 30 minutes before my run in with the beast, I came across a zombie in my base. I murdered him quick but his flesh landed nearby one of my previously escaped wolves and before I could grab the meat, the wolf gobbled it up. Now, my wolves have been starving for a long time, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it seems that one flesh was enough to send the wolf into beast mode. So while I was cleaning up old fence work I never finished, he got me from behind.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

In a moment of brilliance, I just dug straight down into lava. Diamond pick, axe, shovel, and iron sword all into the drink along with a nice haul of resources from my branch mining.

Go ahead...say it. I've got it coming :)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

FlowerChild wrote:In a moment of brilliance, I just dug straight down into lava. Diamond pick, axe, shovel, and iron sword all into the drink along with a nice haul of resources from my branch mining.

psh, noob.

I just made my first set of blasting oil in my world and I went into my mob trap and climed up 4 or 5 blocks and tested it out by dropping some down on the dirt below and laughed at the explosions.

Then I jumped down to get the dirt piles.

:(

(It said I died by zombie pigman, so only I had to know my shame)
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

I was exploring a cave and heard non-stop zombie noises from the other side of a wall. Not just one zombie -- maybe ten or so. So, of course, thinking there might be a zombie spawner somewhere nearby (there was), I cut a perfectly zombie-sized hole in the wall to check it out. Yes, there was a zombie horde. No, my axe was not sufficient to demolish them. :(
jkievlan

Post by jkievlan »

Oh, I'll add an old one. When I built my very first mob trap, I was so excited I opened a hole in the wall to look inside and see how many monsters were getting killed. This was unwise. There were three creepers on the other side. They were happy to see me; I was less happy to see them.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

FlowerChild wrote:In a moment of brilliance, I just dug straight down into lava. Diamond pick, axe, shovel, and iron sword all into the drink along with a nice haul of resources from my branch mining.

Could be worse, I dug down, exposing lava. Then muscle memory took over and forced poor steve to step into said lava.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

I recently died in similar way (I didn't dig straight down but I dug a floor block in front of me and happily walked into a hole), though good news is that managed to get out of lava before dying so my items are intact. Bad news is that I was in the random cave in the wilderness searching for redstone due to the fact that I forgot to bring compass while exploring. Doh!
Sir C

Post by Sir C »

I started building my mobtrap the other day and hadn't gotten round to properly sorting out the water stream and collection system. Had about 3 and a bit levels done with a 20x20 footprint and vine traps, so was looking good. Went to sort out the water system but miss clicked and replaced the source block I was diverting with a lump of cobblestone. Now I have to find a new source that's near/high enough for me to divert, or else I'll be rebuilding a new one from scratch :(
heypaint

Post by heypaint »

I'm particularly partial to starting some part of my base on fire everytime I get to the stoked cauldron phase.

More recently, I was on my way to enter the nether when I noticed a pigman had escaped into the overwold (my base). Without thinking I dispatched him and headed into the nether. In the nether, there is a castle near my portal that I can observe from a high cliff. I like to stand at the edge of the cliff and plan my assault on the castle (I may never actually attack; it's just good to plan I think). I quickly learned that just because I killed a pigman in the overworld, doesn't mean I get a free pass in the nether. Suddenly from behind I am rushed by a pigman snorting (and giggling, yes giggling I swear it, and both arms outstretched to push) who shoves me off said cliff. I fall and land on a small outcropping, alive but burning (I think I landed on burning netherrack). Although I know the proper thing to do is to stop-drop-and-roll when you are on fire, however it is immensely more satisfying to panic and run around in little circles, which I did and fell off the little ledge to my hard-earned death.

Weeks later, I did find my way back, and recovered my soul forged pants and helmet =).
EtherealWrath

Post by EtherealWrath »

Dwindling daylight forced my hand in this one, I wasn't going to make it to the abandoned village on the horizon, so grabbing a trusty stone pick I tore a small hole for myself in a nearby cliff and boxed in for the night. Being the 6th day since my last respawn and still a little light on cobblestone I opted to expand my shelter and make tools for the next day.
New stone pick in hand I tore apart the side wall of my meagre shelter- ripping into the neighbouring lava lake...
Phantom screams echo through the ruined facility
A horrible silence builds an eerie tranquility
The souls of many innocent fill the air
The hope they all died with scattered down there
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

EtherealWrath wrote:...ripping into the neighbouring lava lake...
Someone doesnt play with sound on ;)
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.