Steam Sales

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DaveYanakov

Re: Steam Sales

Post by DaveYanakov »

Generally the only reason to preorder is to either get extra stuff or to get early access to something you're really excited about. Steam often puts new things on sale shortly after release.

Also, Little Inferno is $2.50 for the next six hours. If you don't pick it up atthat price you are missing out one one of the most beautiful pieces of interactive art I have ever seen.
Better is the enemy of Good
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Man, losing internet for a week was tougher than expected...
In other news: Xcom for 10 bucks, woo!
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

I missed it and the DLCs by two minutes... two lousy minutes. :(
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Sometimes, the list of games to vote for for the next sale is just uninteresting to me. Either I have the ones I would vote for, or there aren't any that look good to me. If you're in that boat at the moment, please consider voting for XCOM in the next 15 minutes. I totally missed that sale yesterday. It was in the cart, and then the sale expired as I was checking out.

Much appreciated! :)
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Ulfengaard wrote:I totally missed that sale yesterday. It was in the cart, and then the sale expired as I was checking out.
Since I saw your post from yesterday, I've been keeping an eye to vote for Xcom. There's still plenty of time left anyway.

Edit: Funnily enough, the current games up for voting on steam are 3 zombie games. Just be aware that Infestation: Survivor Stories is actually a renamed WarZ.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just wanted to make a point that this card thing is going to get stupid really fast.

Right now, they're handing out cards for voting on the periodic sales. So, not even really caring about cards, I decided to vote on the current one. I had no interest in any of the games, or already own them, but I picked a random one and voted anyways "just because". In other words, people actually interested in a particular game may now be less likely to get it due to all the otherwise uninterested parties casting useless votes to get cards.

That's bad...mkay? This is basically turning into a meta-game of the meta-game.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

I always vote, if not for games I want, then for games I like, and mostly for those I want more players to play..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

FlowerChild wrote: That's bad...mkay? This is basically turning into a meta-game of the meta-game.
Not to mention, you can sell the cards for real money. Very bad indeed.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

logorouge wrote: you can sell the cards for real money
Wait what???
I have no idea what these cards are, or what they do I just know I have a bunch from playing games.
They are worth RL monies?
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Ethinolicbob wrote: Wait what???
I have no idea what these cards are, or what they do I just know I have a bunch from playing games.
From what I've looked at, most sell for a quarter or less.

And all they do, when you get a whole set, is give you stuff to personalize your profile/chatting with.
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Ethinolicbob wrote:
logorouge wrote: you can sell the cards for real money
Wait what???
Yeah, if you go into your inventory, click the card, and click "Sell", it'll pop a window up that you can use to sell it. I sold a few of them, then used a 75% off coupon I had from before, combined with the steam sale price, to get lunar flight for free.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Moocher

Post by Moocher »

Prices pre-sale were higher; it remains to be seen if they go back up. It should also be noted that you don't get money, but Steam Wallet credit. Functionally the same for most of us but I think it's important to point out.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:Just wanted to make a point that this card thing is going to get stupid really fast.
Ugh. I know. I was in the "beta", out of curiosity. It was a neat little bonus before, since I could just sell the cards on the steam market. Now, though... It's like everything revolves around the friggin cards.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if there was an option to simply trash them. Not only would it solve the clutter issues but would also help to keep the supply from far exceeding the demand.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

DaveYanakov wrote:It wouldn't be nearly as bad if there was an option to simply trash them. Not only would it solve the clutter issues but would also help to keep the supply from far exceeding the demand.
Nobody would trash em. Hell, I'm totally against the system, and I wouldn't trash em.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I would. Not worth the time it takes to put them on the market and I am deeply opposed to spamming everyone I know to trade pictures.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

DaveYanakov wrote:I would. Not worth the time it takes to put them on the market and I am deeply opposed to spamming everyone I know to trade pictures.
You don't need to spam anyone actually. I've sold all my cards on the market, and as long as you match the current lowest price, it's generally sold in a matter of hours, if not minutes. It's also not very time consuming to put them up on the market. It wouldn't be any more time consuming to trash them, at the very least
LJEKadeshi

Post by LJEKadeshi »

Binding of Isaac is on a flash sale for 6 more hours, definitely should go buy it; great time waster, and the creepy/disturbing atmosphere is really refreshing in games today.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Also, happy ending to my story: XCOM is back on sale along with DLCs. Anyone who missed the chance at this earlier, you've got another shot at it.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Magicka's on sale for $2.50 (75% off). Fun game, and definitely worth picking up.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
PureZaros

Post by PureZaros »

Thief Gold, Thief: Deadly Shadows and Thief II: The Metal Age are available as a collection for $7 right now.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:
Panda wrote:Edit: Thanks for the sticky good sir. <3
I really wish more women said things like this.
Calo290

Post by Calo290 »

Gnomoria is on sale. It's basically a DF clone in Alpha, but hey, I can say I've definitely gotten by 4 bucks worth of enjoyment out of it so far.
LJEKadeshi

Post by LJEKadeshi »

Also on sale currently is Counter Strike Global Offensive for 14 cents, from what I've heard it's pretty fun and seriously it's 14 cents why not buy it?

Strike that actually, it was a error on the store page, it's fixed to $5 now
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Katalliaan wrote:Magicka's on sale for $2.50 (75% off). Fun game, and definitely worth picking up.
Bear in mind when purchasing Magicka that it requires a dedicated graphics card rather than just an integrated chip. It's worse in terms of optimization than even Minecraft.
Also is Prototype 2 worth getting for £7 (i.e. is the port any good).
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Heilkaiba wrote:Bear in mind when purchasing Magicka that it requires a dedicated graphics card rather than just an integrated chip. It's worse in terms of optimization than even Minecraft.
Also is Prototype 2 worth getting for £7 (i.e. is the port any good).
Nnng ? I run Magicka real fine on my laptop with integrated graphics whereas I can only run minecraft in tiny view distance. I wouldn't say it's worse than minecraft.