High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep33)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep12)

Post by Thalarctia »

The OP has been updated with episode 12 of Survival of the Fattest, which was released today!

Also, in other news, preliminary work has actually begun on the keep of the fabled High Stakes castle that we are going to build. I won't say much, but it is going to be big. Like, really big!
DMC76

Post by DMC76 »

Loving the series guys. As a new BTW player, its not only been entertaining, but also educational.
TY and cheers!

I was wondering, what version of BTW are you playing?
I am a die hard BDCraft user, but the current BTW addon for BDCraft doesnt support BTW 4.70. Sadly, all the new items and blocks are in classic format inside my BDCraft textured world.
Apparently, the guy who has been handling the addon has been a little too busy to adjust for the new BTW update.

Being new to BTW, seeing the new items and blocks in for the first time in BDCraft's brilliant texture style brought a tear to my eye.

EDIT: Apologies, after watching SotF ep.12 I answered my own question.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

The version of BTW that an episode was recorded under is included in the description.

Regarding the Sphax addon, I converted it to the Minecraft 1.5.1 texture method myself, so all the textures that Gainspipr have made are working fine in my version. I have also created a couple of the new textures that we are likely to meet in the series, mostly items and such. I'm not a good artist, but I can do some pixel-stuff, and I know how to copy-paste :) But anything beyond that, such as the new armor textures are way beyond my capabilities, so I will likely either leave them as they are or "borrow" some from another texture pack, with due credit of course.

And before you ask me to release my converted version, I do not know what sort of license applies to the BDcraft packs, so to avoid stepping on anyone's toes, I will keep it private for now.

Glad you are enjoying the series though!
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep15)

Post by Thalarctia »

Man, I have really been slacking in updating this topic. Anyway, the OP is now up to date with the latest Survival of the Fattest.

In other news, we have started Live Streaming. This goes for both me personally, and High Stakes as a unit. So far it is all going on my twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/thalarctia, so go subscribe there to recieve notifications whenever a stream happens!
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep18)

Post by Thalarctia »

I am so bad at updating this post... Anyway, the opening post is now updated to episode 18, which was released earlier today.
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep22)

Post by Thalarctia »

Wupwup! We're all the way up to episode 22 now, and renewable iron is finally within our grasp!
Thalarctia

Re: High Stakes - A Co-Op BTW Let's Play (SotFattest Ep32)

Post by Thalarctia »

I'd almost forgotten about this post, but the series is far from done! We just released episode 32 of Survival of the Fattest, in which we return to build our modest shack!
Gunnerman21

Post by Gunnerman21 »

I absolutely love this series! I've watched every episode so far, but it seems ironic that your pals aren't keeping up with the series, and they're in it! xD
Spoiler
Show
I am... THE TAXI MAN.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Gunnerman21 wrote:I absolutely love this series! I've watched every episode so far, but it seems ironic that your pals aren't keeping up with the series, and they're in it! xD
Whenever I talk about "my videos", I refer to the series of Better Than Wolves tutorial videos I have been doing on my own channel - Despite us having done coop BTW stuff for over half a year, the others still havent played much on their own, which means that they are pretty clueless to everything I have not been holding their hands through :)