7 Days to die, Minecraft clone meets project zomboid

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
lostone1993

7 Days to die, Minecraft clone meets project zomboid

Post by lostone1993 »

I searched and haven’t seen a thread so thought I’d post about it, basically the title is what I make of it.
One of my friends has got it preordered. Looks interesting but I think the devs may have bitten off more than they can chew at least with the promises i have seen. However In this case I’d love to be wrong
Since I think the video the devs have released can speak better

feature list taken from the website
Spoiler
Show
Core Features

The World is your Oyster - Explore a modern, beautiful, fully destroyable, fully buildable, fully dynamic, hand crafted, huge voxel world with cities, forests, wastelands, deserts, plains and mountains. Explore hundreds of points of interest and every building inside and out!
She’s a Brick House! – Our advanced “Dynamic Block Stability Physics System,” simulates real-time structural integrity. Build it right or watch it come crumbling down.
Relentless Enemies – Relentless enemies will stop at nothing as they claw, jump and break their way through the world in order to get to you. And watch out for the unique severely mutated.
The MacGyver in you – Mine and loot a multitude of items and ingredients to survive creating hundreds of weapons, items and traps with the intuitive and deep “Crafting System” inspired by classic adventure games but modernized. No wiki required!
Two sides to every Story – Uncover the truth as you find survivor notes that lead to better loot from the “Dynamic Story Generation System” which puts the player in charge of the story solving the “now what problem” that plague most voxel games.
Friends and Foes – Play solo, Co-op online with friends or in our unique “Zombie Nomad Mode” for a no rules experience!
Blow it up or Build it up! – Enjoy a fully destroyable voxel-based world blowing up everything in the entire game or build it up bolstering the defenses of an existing structure or building your own fort to try and keep the zombies out.
You know like Bowhunting Skills –Gain experience and upgrade your skills in melee, guns, crafting, and stealth!
Become the True Survivalist – Rummage and mine your way through the world finding food, water, loot and the resources you’ll need to survive and discover a purpose for everything in the world.
Build it and they will come – Build your own worlds and play them with your friends using the “Creative Mode Tools” featuring hundreds of block shapes and prefabs.
video

website
http://7daystodie.com/
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
nmarshall23

Re: 7 Days to die, Minecraft clone meets project zomboid

Post by nmarshall23 »

I'm liking it, soon as there is a linux version I'm buying this.

Looks like the MC clones are growing up. Soon they will eat MC's lunch.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)