Ivalice (Original Server) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.8912]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
devak

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist [BTW 4.84]

Post by devak »

ehsanmp wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooo RIP modloader.
It will always be with us in memory.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

devak wrote: It will always be with us in memory.
We all need to start making mods. Of course, the priorities are a high-speed flying mod, an X-Ray mod and a minimap mod, as well as a server mod that adds speed potions and door-based villager breeding again. Only then can we truly play as FC intended.

But on a serious note, I need to figure out how to port Inventory Tweaks. I will miss it dearly.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

ehsanmp wrote:
devak wrote: It will always be with us in memory.
We all need to start making mods.
Don't worry. I'll have the server send a message that says "ModLoader loaded!!" when you log in to make you feel better ;D
ehsanmp wrote:Of course, the priorities are a high-speed flying mod, an X-Ray mod and ...
BAN!!! jk (maybe... (no really jk (maybe...)))
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

I noticed in the server stats that Lexy was already in the server yesterday.

Is she fully recovered yet? i hope everything went well.

Aboot
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

OlbaiD wrote:I noticed in the server stats that Lexy was already in the server yesterday.

Is she fully recovered yet? i hope everything went well.

Aboot
Hey! Nice catch :) Yeah she's doing better. She's actually been at her comp a few times before but not long enough for much MC. Hopefully she'll get in some good time soon.
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

Yesterday i received some nice gifts, and i think one of my friends and GF might have noticed my addiction.

Best birthday ever (so far) :)

Cya soon ppl :)

Aboot
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Temp banned Plyguy based on what seems to be an extremely casual use of the resources from Kaiispretty's base without permission. She claims that he did not have permission to use the contents from the chests in the white building with the windmill. The resources looted from that building are not huge in volume but her resources are fairly limited still. The range of items was fairly wide ranging: diamonds, iron, enchanted tools, arcane scrolls, a fair amount of steak dinners, ender specs, veggies, seeds, etc. Also around 35 iron tools from her mob farm. Will look into it more later but I have work tomorrow and it's late :)

To Plyguy:
Please respond to this post when possible. Include whatever you feel necessary to clear this up. If you feel that you had permission to use the resources, please let me know and if possible about when you think you got that permission.
Last edited by andreinawolf on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

OlbaiD wrote:Yesterday i received some nice gifts, and i think one of my friends and GF might have noticed my addiction.

Haha that's cool. Is that a cake plushy?
shrewdude

Post by shrewdude »

I did in fact use some things without permission, others are unused and got moved to my ender chest largely by my laziness, steak dinners were eaten (my sincerest apology's I must return them in the future), the iron is replaceable I have almost a stack, and everything else should be in the ender chest. I meant no disrespect I will gladly atone for my actions and I apologize to kai for the inconvenience.
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

OlbaiD wrote:
Yesterday i received some nice gifts, and i think one of my friends and GF might have noticed my addiction.

Haha that's cool. Is that a cake plushy?
Yup, it is a cake plushy, made with felt by my GF. Its so awesome, looks like the mc cake :) I feel like i could eat it ;) nom nom nom nom :)

Aboot
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

From viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7681...
FlowerChild wrote:
Gabecraft1234 wrote:Always play on hard.
BTW really isn't balanced for it anymore. You're free to do so of course, but I suspect you'll be changing the play experience rather dramatically, with I think normal being tough enough.
FlowerChild wrote:I only ever play on normal, and that's all I balance for. So, whatever you're getting on hard is just whatever random stuff Mojang has tweaked for their hard mode.

In other words: don't feel guilty playing on normal given that as far as I am concerned, it's all that exists. I've been tempted on many occasions to make BTW fixed difficulty normal only for that reason.
With this in mind, how do new players or players starting over in the new continent feel about the difficulty level?

It may make sense to change it back to normal difficulty based on FC's rebalancing.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Yeah I was thinking that.
For some reason I assumed that hard was the default difficulty of BTW so that was what I played on.
In light of that statement it makes sense to put it onto normal.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Naughty Plyguy!
shrewdude

Post by shrewdude »

Yeah I know, my soul will forever be in torment for my wicked deeds. Feel free to call me bad things, again sorry.
murillokb

Post by murillokb »

Hey guys =D

i'll be playing this weekend WOOOT
andreinawolf wrote:With this in mind, how do new players or players starting over in the new continent feel about the difficulty level?
Ah I always played on hard so to me it was "normal", but now i'm thinking on playing on the real normal xD
menerell

Post by menerell »

Hey! Hello everybody!
I'm trying to catch up after almost 4 months break. I wonder if you can add me to the whitelist, because I don't want to play alone...
Previously I played in Ehsanmp server, he can tell you I am no troll (if he remembers me hehehe... -.-)
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

lol Menerell is cool, for an anarchy server player he was remarkably civil!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

menerell wrote:Hey! Hello everybody!
I'm trying to catch up after almost 4 months break. I wonder if you can add me to the whitelist, because I don't want to play alone...
Previously I played in Ehsanmp server, he can tell you I am no troll (if he remembers me hehehe... -.-)
ehsanmp wrote:lol Menerell is cool, for an anarchy server player he was remarkably civil!
Ok but he needs to make a proper whitelist request! Check out the OP menerell :)

You can skip the introduction part but I recommend writing a short one anyway for other players (usually it's more for me).
PopCraftPC

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist [BTW 4.85]

Post by PopCraftPC »

I'm looking for a server to play on,
i love to help Players/People.
I also like making new friends as well,
I'm 14 years old and i can be very mature with others.
My "IGN" is PopCraftPC
I'm also very talented at Art and Building.

I Agree with the server rules, and the mod rules.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

PopCraftPC wrote:I'm looking for a server to play on,
i love to help Players/People.
I also like making new friends as well,
I'm 14 years old and i can be very mature with others.
My "IGN" is PopCraftPC
I'm also very talented at Art and Building.

I Agree with the server rules, and the mod rules.
This sounds nice but really isn't much for a whitelist request. Andre prefers a minimum 2 paragraph description of your likes and dislikes, a detailed metaphor for your play style preferences and a small explanation of why you are very mature with others.

If you sort that out, he will probably get you on that whitelist right away.
shrewdude

Post by shrewdude »

Sorry to bother everyone with this, Imsure everyone hates my guts. But I know what I did was temporary/not sever enough to warrant complete banishment. No Imnot begging to get on, I just want an opinion.
Thank you for reading.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Changed the server to normal difficulty!
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

shrewdude wrote:Sorry to bother everyone with this, Imsure everyone hates my guts. But I know what I did was temporary/not sever enough to warrant complete banishment. No Imnot begging to get on, I just want an opinion.
Thank you for reading.
Shrew, you cut corners in the tech tree at the expense of another player. It's quite likely you will be banned until Andre decides that there is no longer a risk of you doing such things. The last person to be banned was gone for quite a while. I advise you join another server in the meantime and prove that you have learnt the error of your ways. Do it in a fun way, challenge yourself, document it with a gallery of screenshots to show your progression and achievements to others so they can spur you on!

You are going to need to fix your play-style before you come back so that you no longer negatively affect other players. This is Co-Op remember!
devak

Post by devak »

ehsanmp wrote:
shrewdude wrote:Sorry to bother everyone with this, Imsure everyone hates my guts. But I know what I did was temporary/not sever enough to warrant complete banishment. No Imnot begging to get on, I just want an opinion.
Thank you for reading.
You are going to need to fix your play-style before you come back so that you no longer negatively affect other players. This is Co-Op remember!
Maybe he should join an anarchy server :P
boiler_rat

Post by boiler_rat »

shrewdude wrote:Yeah I know, my soul will forever be in torment for my wicked deeds. Feel free to call me bad things, again sorry.
I had left one server because someone was stealing from us and the town owners wouldn't tell the owner of the server until I got fed up and left. People to steal for their own gain ruin the game for others. I have a lot more to say but I wont in fear of getting in trouble.