So I spawned in a small island...

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Ceunon

So I spawned in a small island...

Post by Ceunon »

...and the only two biomes present were Mushroom and a Tundra. I must say, this ended up being harder than I thought.

Little to no trees, no grass, and unfortunately the Mooshroms eat Mycelium but I can't "milk" them regardless (I don't really know if this is intended or not). I didn't go hungry, there were plenty of mushrooms around, but without enough wood to progress, I decided to craft myself a boat and find resources somewhere else, then get back to the island when I had a compass and a decent amount of obsidian for a portal and build up my main base.

The point of this thread is: This was probably the most challenging MC experience I've had in a long time. It's almost as if the game had decided to cut me short of resources, and I must say it has been a lot of fun. Every single stone pickaxe I craft is really valuable, simply because I can't afford wasting shafts. And I haven't even mined my first iron ore.

So...after exploring on boat for a *long* time, I finally found land again - another mushroom biome. Welp.
Six

Re: So I spawned in a small island...

Post by Six »

Ceunon wrote:...and the only two biomes present were Mushroom and a Tundra. I must say, this ended up being harder than I thought.

Little to no trees, no grass, and unfortunately the Mooshroms eat Mycelium but I can't "milk" them regardless (I don't really know if this is intended or not). I didn't go hungry, there were plenty of mushrooms around, but without enough wood to progress, I decided to craft myself a boat and find resources somewhere else, then get back to the island when I had a compass and a decent amount of obsidian for a portal and build up my main base.

The point of this thread is: This was probably the most challenging MC experience I've had in a long time. It's almost as if the game had decided to cut me short of resources, and I must say it has been a lot of fun. Every single stone pickaxe I craft is really valuable, simply because I can't afford wasting shafts. And I haven't even mined my first iron ore.

So...after exploring on boat for a *long* time, I finally found land again - another mushroom biome. Welp.
Saplings? And as for the milking, like sheep regrowing their wool, cows need to eat multiple times before they can be milked again.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Mooshrooms need to be milked with bowls and not buckets. Interesting read though!
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

Thalarctia wrote:Mooshrooms need to be milked with bowls and not buckets. Interesting read though!
I've been using bowls. Or at least trying to. I didn't know it worked as Six mentioned, though. As far as I remembered, they only had to eat grass (or Mycelium) once. It must have been changed at some point and I failed to notice it.

About the saplings...It has been snowing. A lot. And I have so few of them that it's hard to maintain a decent tree farm. Don't get me wrong, though. I love the challenge.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

No, ever since hardcore lactation, they've needed to eat mycellium a number of times before producing. You can tell when they have by their distended udders, which are quite noticeable.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

The new Mushroom island had no other biomes, so I decided to keep traveling to the east.

And I've found *another* Mushroom Biome. Frigging seriously, this is getting silly.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

Share the seed? I'd quite like to try this myself!
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

Blazara wrote:Share the seed? I'd quite like to try this myself!
The seed is 1310884362897421909. You'll spawn in the tundra/mushroom island. If you craft a boat and keep going north, you'll eventually reach the second mushroom island. From there, you can find yet another mushroom biome to the east.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Six wrote:
Ceunon wrote:...and the only two biomes present were Mushroom and a Tundra. I must say, this ended up being harder than I thought.

Saplings? And as for the milking, like sheep regrowing their wool, cows need to eat multiple times before they can be milked again.
Unless FC has changed this, which I don't believe he has, sheep only need to eat once.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
TSA

Post by TSA »

well i got interested by the seed. And decided to see how it looks like with AMIDST

i got quite surprised
image has 14k wide and 8k tall

for those who want to seed the seed:
Spoiler
Show
LunaticToad
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Oh wow, that's really interesting. I might try that one. Are those villages all abandoned? That might be a problem, unless you nether travel for villages, which defeats the purpose a bit.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
TSA

Post by TSA »

they are over 2000 blocks from (0;0) so they might be populated
LunaticToad