Steam Sales

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
weldaSB

Re: Steam Sales

Post by weldaSB »

Antichamber is half off for the rest of the night
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Even though it's not a steam sale, I'm still going to go ahead and post this.
GOG.com is offering Torchlight for free for a limited time. Just create an account if you haven't already got one and go to the torchlight store page. There will still be a price on it, but when you put it in your basket, the site will indicate that it's free. Just like all GOG.com releases, this game is also DRM free.
The limit is set on 20th of june at 19:00ish GMT.
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Alright. Can't let this go.

Crusader Kings II with a lot of the foo-foo content plus three of the four expansion packs: $19.99 (EDIT: So, it's four out of five expansion packs; I don't really count Sunset Invasion because it seemed like a Paradox 'oops' to me, but you do get it as part of the bundle)

Mount & Blade: Warband: $9.99

If you like CKII and Paradox, Europa Universalis III Complete: $3.74 and Victoria II plus DLCs: $9.99

If you haven't tried CKII and enjoy grand strategy, it's awesomesauce.

M&B:WB is great open-ended low fantasy fun.

EDIT: This is Paradox weekend, folks. So, don't get tempted to buy full-price stuff right away (like the Old Gods expansion for CKII). It all might be on sale at some point between now and the 24th.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

Ulfengaard wrote:Alright. Can't let this go.

Crusader Kings II with a lot of the foo-foo content plus three of the four expansion packs: $19.99 (EDIT: So, it's four out of five expansion packs; I don't really count Sunset Invasion because it seemed like a Paradox 'oops' to me, but you do get it as part of the bundle)

Mount & Blade: Warband: $9.99

If you like CKII and Paradox, Europa Universalis III Complete: $3.74 and Victoria II plus DLCs: $9.99

If you haven't tried CKII and enjoy grand strategy, it's awesomesauce.

M&B:WB is great open-ended low fantasy fun.

EDIT: This is Paradox weekend, folks. So, don't get tempted to buy full-price stuff right away (like the Old Gods expansion for CKII). It all might be on sale at some point between now and the 24th.
Yep if you have not bought crusader kings go do it now, be warned however as it makes for some of the strangest video game talk outside of DF IE: How inbred can you get? Will I murder my brother? ect.
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
Zhel

Post by Zhel »

Ulfengaard wrote:EDIT: This is Paradox weekend, folks. So, don't get tempted to buy full-price stuff right away (like the Old Gods expansion for CKII). It all might be on sale at some point between now and the 24th.
The Paradox games still full-priced are recent release, so you won't likely see them drop in price. What will likely happen is they'll drop other game series further down in price for each day (CK2/etc. was 50% off Thursday). So wait til Monday to buy anything not on the front page. I'd expect Magicka and Mount&Blade to get their own days this weekend, *maybe* Warlock: MoA.
"Oh, my god. What can it be? We're all doomed! Who's flying this thing!?" ... "Oh right, that would be me. Uh, back to work." - Wash

Steam
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Zhel wrote:The Paradox games still full-priced are recent release, so you won't likely see them drop in price. What will likely happen is they'll drop other game series further down in price for each day (CK2/etc. was 50% off Thursday). So wait til Monday to buy anything not on the front page. I'd expect Magicka and Mount&Blade to get their own days this weekend, *maybe* Warlock: MoA.
Warlock: $9.99 (EDIT: Warlock has now dropped to $4.99; Good call, Zhel.)
Magicka: $4.99

And, of course, the earlier mention of Mount & Blade: Warband for $9.99. Napoleonic Wars for Warband is also on sale for $4.99.

I'm telling you, guys: this is a great weekend for strategy players. Keep an eye on it and get the titles you want while the gettin' is good.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I just want to say I bought crusader kings 2 because of this thread and I find it to be ridiculously awesome. My only fear is that it will consume far too much of my life...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:I just want to say I bought crusader kings 2 because of this thread and I find it to be ridiculously awesome. My only fear is that it will consume far too much of my life...
Ain't it awesome?

A friend of mine recently sent me a bunch of games on my wishlist for my birthday (hence why I wound up with some games outside my budget like Kerbal Space Program & Prison Architect), and the Old Gods expansion was part of those. I'm very much looking forward to diving back into that game as a viking and building up my empire from a few centuries earlier :)

My only objection to the game (and I guess the way paradox is going overall now) is how they package their DLC in terms of selling music & graphics separately from the gameplay DLC. It feels like it's going a little too far to me, and may actually hurt them in the long run by encouraging players to just buy the gameplay stuff, and thus decrease their own enjoyment by not experiencing the full intended presentation that goes along with it.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Yeah I don't have the old gods expansion yet although I believe I'll end up buying it. I've only just started, I'm trying to unite Ireland right now and having a blast. I love the focus on people and politics which makes it different from your run of the mill world conquest game.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Endless Space is on sale this weekend. Over here its price is down to 10€.

And I couldn't say enough good things about that game. It's simply awesome, very well thought out, with one of the best user interface I've seen so far (very important for a 4X).
Its lifetime is incredible, its soundtrack very appropriate, and... it's not an easy game by far. Well, I'm not good at it but still...

Go buy it. :-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, I enjoyed Endless Space quite a bit. I'm not sure about the long-term play value of it, but it's definitely worth the price of admission.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Note that they just released the expansion, adding fighters and bombers, new techs, more differences between factions and more. ;]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:Note that they just released the expansion, adding fighters and bombers, new techs, more differences between factions and more. ;]
Yeah, I was eying that. Bit too pricey for me at the moment, and I've actually got a surplus of games going right now.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Also of note, Natural Selection II is US$8.50 for the weekend. I'll be picking it up if I find out I wouldn't be rolling it solo.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Also of note, Natural Selection II is US$8.50 for the weekend. I'll be picking it up if I find out I wouldn't be rolling it solo.
I picked it up a few months ago, and I guess my overall reaction was "this isn't Gloom..."

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just didn't hook me.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Figures I'd find out about Warlock a week after it went on sale :(

Has Eador ever been on sale? Been watching an LP of it and I'm highly enticed. But $20 is really tight for me at the moment (got over $10k tied up in capital investments in my business at the moment so I can barely pay rent).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you haven't already, SPAZ at $2 is WELL worth the purchase. Gets a bit repetitive after 20 hours or so, but christ, 20 hours of fun for $2... can't beat that.
Shengji

Post by Shengji »

Just a quick warning guys, if someone contacts you through the steam BTW group telling you about a free game, the site they will direct you too is a well known phishing site and needless to say, you won't get a free game and your details will get sold to every scumbag in the world.
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Shengji wrote:Just a quick warning guys, if someone contacts you through the steam BTW group telling you about a free game, the site they will direct you too is a well known phishing site and needless to say, you won't get a free game and your details will get sold to every scumbag in the world.
I just went on gut instinct and rejected the chat invitation all together, good to know I was right.
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Same here. If I don't recognize a name, I don't accept chat requests.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Not technically a Steam Sale, but comes as a steam code: Borderlands 2 + Borderlands 2: Season Pass for £9.99 at http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/p ... ason-pass/

May be UK only, not sure.

(on a side note, I've finally got a PC on the way, so will be joining the fun of BTW and other games once again!)
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Anno is on sale again, $23-ish.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
sin6il

Post by sin6il »

I think I'm going to be very poor soon. The Steam Summer Sale is here!
Tsugumi Henduluin

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

Fortunately for me, the Civ V expansion is out in a couple of hours. That should keep me away from this dimension long enough to dodge the worst of the storm.

Be sure to pick up AntiChamber if you haven't yet, though. Really interesting experience and quite the mindbender at times. At 66% off, it's more than worth your time and money.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Among all the others, Stardrive is currently 50% off. Does anyone know if it has been optimized at all from where it was three months ago? I tried it on a system slightly better than my own and it ran at around 3 spf.

Even more importantly, Guns of Icarus steampunk airship arena battler is on sale for US$6.79.
Better is the enemy of Good
Tsugumi Henduluin

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

God fucking damnit. I am NEVER pre-ordering anything on Steam, ever again. Or even paying full price for anything, really.

So, today was the release for Brave New World, the latest expansion pack for Civ V, in Europe and pretty much every other area outside the US.
Not even TEN. GODDAMN. HOURS. after its release (six of which were were asleep), Steam throws it into a freaking flash sale at 33% off.

I haven't felt this screwed by a company, ever. What the hell were they thinking?