Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Husbag3

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by Husbag3 »

I just saw this on meme centre. It's not news at all but it did give me a good chuckle.
Spoiler
Show
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Husbag3 wrote:I just saw this on meme centre. It's not news at all but it did give me a good chuckle.
Spoiler
Show
You failed the link. Google isn't revealing it's secrets either, 'less its one I've already seen months back.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Husbag3 wrote:Really? Here's the link anyway:
http://global3.memecdn.com/mod-api_o_1065553.webp
*isn't opening an unknown file type on his computer*

edity: Make that cba to find out how.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

That's strange, both the link and the spoiler are working fine on my end
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Husbag3 wrote:That's strange, both the link and the spoiler are working fine on my end
Maybe my browser doesn't like the fancy google filetype? idk.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Hehe, all too true :)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Since we already wasted half a page on that link, here's the picture non-violated by chrome (since when does it do that?):
Spoiler
Show
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Ah. Wasn't that posted on here months back? :s

Meh. To try and get this on topic: Dinnerbone claiming this isn't 'The mob update' when practically every notable addition is something to do with mobs.
CreeperCannibal

Post by CreeperCannibal »

Stormweaver wrote: Meh. To try and get this on topic: Dinnerbone claiming this isn't 'The mob update' when practically every notable addition is something to do with mobs.
If that's the case than I wonder what he thinks of as the true mob update.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
coolio678

Post by coolio678 »

CreeperCannibal wrote:
Stormweaver wrote: Meh. To try and get this on topic: Dinnerbone claiming this isn't 'The mob update' when practically every notable addition is something to do with mobs.
We can only live in fear of that thought.
0 days without accident
OpposingForces

Post by OpposingForces »

CreeperCannibal wrote:
my guess? cows with diamond swords, pigs with bows, you milk skeletons and kill zombies for porkchops. lol.

on a side note 13w24a is out now, apparently spiders have a chance of spawning with potion effects on them now. sounds like a strange idea.
Why do all the Zombies look like Steve?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

OpposingForces wrote:on a side note 13w24a is out now, apparently spiders have a chance of spawning with potion effects on them now. sounds like a strange idea.
How entirely random...

Yay! More artificial difficulty!
CreeperCannibal

That's something I would expect to find on an adventure map. As an added bonus any map with a mob spawner that has an added potion effect will crash the game. Who's looking foward to another bugfix snapshot. I know I am! Oh and texture packs are broken again because the rescource pack is out.
With its eye of coal
OpposingForces

Post by OpposingForces »

True CreeperCannibal, texture packs are broken, though the resource pack thing seems intriguing.
If i understand it right, now we can swap out sounds easily. I think. I seem to remember reading that some where as the reason for the new resource pack setup, once again it seems to be mainly aimed at adventure map makers, and the doubtful release of the mod api... lol.
CreeperCannibal

I'm 100% on board with the resource packs. It at least, as you say, is an indication that an API of sorts may be around the corner.
With its eye of coal
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

CreeperCannibal wrote:I'm 100% on board with the resource packs. It at least, as you say, is an indication that an API of sorts may be around the corner.
I'd guess I'd support them too if it didn't mean that the 1.6 update will likely be another huge pain in the ass due to having to convert to another system...again.

I think I'm just pissed off they didn't have the foresight to do this as part of 1.5 when they were restructuring the whole texture system to begin with. Converting once I can understand and even support. Doing it twice in a row...not so much.

Just pick a fucking data format already and drop this "ideal solution" bullshit.
sin6il

Post by sin6il »

Zombies can get attracted to players from as far as 85 blocks away now, maybe further. I really hope that doesn't stay.
OpposingForces

Post by OpposingForces »

sin6il wrote:Zombies can get attracted to players from as far as 85 blocks away now, maybe further. I really hope that doesn't stay.
no worries man, you should know FC won't let anybody mess with his baby.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

OpposingForces wrote:
sin6il wrote:Zombies can get attracted to players from as far as 85 blocks away now, maybe further. I really hope that doesn't stay.
you're trying to artificially increase your post count, don't deny it, it's obvious. please stop
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
sin6il

Post by sin6il »

OpposingForces wrote:
Yeah, I know that. I just hate that many features added lately seem to make Vanilla Minecraft less and less fun.
OpposingForces

Post by OpposingForces »

@TheGatesofLogic: actually i'm not. he expressed a concern and i addressed it. post count does not equal penis size. what do i care about how many posts i have? I don't.

Back on topic: the dev launcher has added the ability to set up different profiles. Played with it a bit, works fairly nicely. wish they'd add the ability to play offline to it though. can't always be at starbucks just to play the snapshots.
eternal8phoenix

Post by eternal8phoenix »

OpposingForces wrote:@TheGatesofLogic: actually i'm not. he expressed a concern and i addressed it. post count does not equal penis size. what do i care about how many posts i have? I don't.

Back on topic: the dev launcher has added the ability to set up different profiles. Played with it a bit, works fairly nicely. wish they'd add the ability to play offline to it though. can't always be at starbucks just to play the snapshots.
Calm down dude. The only reason it got brought up is because you new and have already posted in the server's forums and a lot of people rely on post count as a factor for white-listing. So a few posts in a short time looks suspicious. It's nothing personal. If it really is just a case of genuine interest in the topic, then no harm, no foul right?

And on topic, they will be adding offline soon. Saw it on Dinnerbone's twitter although can't remember when. It's just a case of making sure that there's no conflict with the current system, and working on clearing out bugs before bringing back a big feature in the launcher. Also they want to make sure that people can't play without an account, which is fair enough. Although it was kinda funny how many people were crying in the MCF when they first brought out the new snapshot launcher and found their crack no longer worked.

You'd think thieves would know better than to complain to the store about inability to use a product...then again most of them are probably under 12, so probably don't think too hard on the subject.
BlueRavenGT

Post by BlueRavenGT »

eternal8phoenix wrote:they will be adding offline soon.
They already did. It only shows up if the launcher can't connect to the login server. You can test it by disconnecting from the internet.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Zombies being attracted from long distances is a great mechanic but I can't see it being cost effective if every zombie is scanning a 170 meter sphere all the time. Even if they did the reverse and scanned around the player for zombies and then switched them on, that is still a massive volume to be checking on a regular basis.
Better is the enemy of Good