Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
ryoloth

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.83]

Post by ryoloth »

Mud wrote:I see.

If I did decide to strike out on my own; how do players generally feel about others using their crucibles/kilns/millstones/etc. when said systems are otherwise idle?

Also what's the story with the massive mobgrinder and the drops that are gathered from it?
You are welcome to use any mechines on the surface of the desert:) this does inclue our massive SFS factory (though you will need to supply your own padding/hafts) i just ask that you dont clean the SFS factory out.
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote:
You are welcome to use any mechines on the surface of the desert:) this does inclue our massive SFS factory (though you will need to supply your own padding/hafts) i just ask that you dont clean the SFS factory out.
Actually, I plan on upgrading my SFS Beacon to at least level 2 or 3 to cover my base area...

Do I need to supply the raw materials for bulk transactions?

Also, To anyone who has villagers, I need emeralds for a looting beacon to up my animal farm productivity. I'm willing to trade supplies, including gunpowder, white stone, charcoal/coaldust and sugar cane.
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Regarding Terrene's facilities, feel free to use any of them, just try not to get lost, most of the roads lead into abandonned mineshafts and some people have been known to get lost down there... plus it's haunted and stuff.

The mobtrap itself is free to take from... I'd appreciate it if people could give back a bit to Terrene if they do take a lot of stuff. Right now our main need is dung because we still have no wolves, although we also need white wool (we have no sheep either), as well as the usual stuff like wood and coal. If you want to donate stuff back to us, just leave it in a chest in the mobtrap's ground floor. It's pretty much an honor system, the mobtrap pushes out enough loot that it doesn't particularly matter if you take stuff, but if you are taking enough that you have to ask yourself if it is fair to leave something behind for us who worked hard to make the facility, then please do.

Diamond, feel free to take some rotten flesh and bones from the mobtrap, there's like 3 or 4 doublechests full of rotten flesh and we already have plenty of kibble.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Alright then. I'll arrange to have some dung, charcoal and wood delivered to Terrene when I have time. The dung factory at Tobukasai is up and running, so I'll be able to get a fair amount of dung delivered.
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

DiamondArms wrote:Alright then. I'll arrange to have some dung, charcoal and wood delivered to Terrene when I have time. The dung factory at Tobukasai is up and running, so I'll be able to get a fair amount of dung delivered.
Cool, thanks. I appreciate it.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Mud

Post by Mud »

ryoloth wrote:
Mud wrote:I see.

If I did decide to strike out on my own; how do players generally feel about others using their crucibles/kilns/millstones/etc. when said systems are otherwise idle?

Also what's the story with the massive mobgrinder and the drops that are gathered from it?
That's very generous!

Now that I've seen a good portion of the occupied portion of the map, I've come to realize that without the usual tech progression that governs solo play, my options are very open as to what to do.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Mud wrote:
Now that I've seen a good portion of the occupied portion of the map, I've come to realize that without the usual tech progression that governs solo play, my options are very open as to what to do.
Open is good. It means you can do whatever the heck you want, unless you have nothing in mind.

If you have problems finding something to do, join one of the communities. They usually have one project or another to work on. I know Tobukasai needs a good miner/explorer to help light up the island and caves below. If you're looking into building stuff, Hammersly is only at entry level SFS. It could use some help getting factories or at least more efficient producers.
Ultimate_Cookie

Post by Ultimate_Cookie »

Hello!
I posted a whitelist application a week ago, so i'm starting to get tired of all the waiting.
I'm just wondering if you've closed the whitelist, ignored it, saying no, or haven't accepted it.
Even some posts that came some days after my post was accepted.
I would love to get an answer.

-Ultimate_Cookie
Last edited by Ultimate_Cookie on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Patience would have been key as PK is fairly busy.Pestering is not a polite thing to do at all man and isn't going to get you anywhere.
Ultimate_Cookie

JakeZKAM, I've been looking after a BTW server for two+ weeks now. I'm getting a little inpatient now. :p By the way, i thought PK came back, sorry. :/
Last edited by Ultimate_Cookie on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Chill dude. You can't get what you want just because you waited a while. PK's just busy. you could just ask for a PM or the like to notify you if you're whitelisted or under consideration.

You'd think with the way FC works around here that pesterers would have died out by now.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Ultimate_Cookie wrote:Hello!
I posted a whitelist application a week ago, so i'm starting to get tired of all the waiting.
I'm just wondering if you've closed the whitelist, ignored it, saying no, or haven't accepted it.

-Ultimate_Cookie
I am terribly sorry about all the waiting, PK and I are the only ones that i have seen in a long time that take care of this type of stuff and i have been out of town. I am coming home today so i should be able to whitelist you *IF* your application is accepted, sorry for the wait.

*EDIT: That would be a big IF seeing as in your two weeks of waiting you havent taken the time to make more posts and get to know the community more. I think I'll PM PK and have him review you so you are going to have to wait a bit longer.
DiamondArms wrote:
ryoloth wrote:
Actually, I plan on upgrading my SFS Beacon to at least level 2 or 3 to cover my base area...

Do I need to supply the raw materials for bulk transactions?

Also, To anyone who has villagers, I need emeralds for a looting beacon to up my animal farm productivity. I'm willing to trade supplies, including gunpowder, white stone, charcoal/coaldust and sugar cane.
I dont mind if you take large ammounts, but you do need to supply the raw material for it if its anything over a stack of ingots :)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

ryoloth wrote: I dont mind if you take large amounts, but you do need to supply the raw material for it if its anything over a stack of ingots :)
Alright. Noted.

Also, Proposal for Train system to increase player safety when moving from facility to facility in Maridran. Having to wait for daytime can be a hassle.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:
ryoloth wrote: I dont mind if you take large amounts, but you do need to supply the raw material for it if its anything over a stack of ingots :)
Alright. Noted.

Also, Proposal for Train system to increase player safety when moving from facility to facility in Maridran. Having to wait for daytime can be a hassle.
Proposal filed in the "consider it" section. I have thought about it but with the adventure stuff I am going to put in the desert the roads that are going to be built will be safe, but perhaps an underground railway from town to town would be alright, a form of "fast travel" if you will, simple travel that is 100% safe, but gets rid of the possibility to find a hidden quest.
Crafter

Post by Crafter »

This seems like a nice server. I want to join.
ING: Crafterfr33
Expernice in BTW: 8,5/10
Ultimate_Cookie

Ryoloth, thank you so much for the answer. ;) An answer was all i needed.
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

I guess we have to make this clear for everyone who wants to apply for the whitelist...
Ultimate_Cookie wrote:Hello!
Have you even read the said 'posts that came some days after my post was accepted' ?..
Cause if you would have read them, then you would have seen :
PK_420 wrote:
Ultimate_Cookie wrote:Do you accept all ages to join this server?
I base myself on the player's experience with BTW more than his age.

I also work the same way FC described:
FlowerChild wrote:When a server operator (myself included) mentions post-count as a factor in whether or not you'll be white listed, they're usually smart enough to notice when someone joins the forums and goes on an artificial posting spree in order to boost their count.

'Post count' is just a quick way of saying "Do we know you? Do we trust you?". Unless you've been around the forums for awhile and have contributed intelligently over that span of time, the answer is almost always going to be "no".
So, just to make it clear, you need background experience with BTW before we add you.
Also regarding this statement,
Ultimate_Cookie wrote:I've been looking after a BTW server for two+ weeks now. I'm getting a little impatient now.
You are better off playing single player a bit more before, get familiar with the basics within a week or two from now, and you'll be added.
OpposingForces

Post by OpposingForces »

ING: OpposingForces
BTW XP: Up to Steel age.
Extra Info: Been starting to play around with automation, I like playing along with others as it's nice to run ideas for a build past someone else before you start. I'm friendly, I speak like a human, and i like helping others.
Why do all the Zombies look like Steve?
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

okay. so as many of you have probably seen, im pretty laid back yeah? dont really care what you do in my city, let you take what you need yeah?

I would like to know.. who the fuck destroyed my inner city and rebuilt in it? and where the fuck is my chest. you know the one that had a big sign over it that said "Ryo's chest DONT FUCKING TOUCH"? any one?
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

oh never mind. he had the audacity to leave his name all over the fucking place. good bye TNTs_best. I let you in on the condition you didnt grief and hey guess what!? :D you griefed >.>

EDIT: go ahead everyone who called it, you can say i told you so :P
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

*sigh* you know, the one thing in the city i was saving until i had the time to sit and work on it for hours so that i could make it the jewel of the desert. and now it looks like a pile of shit without the ability to be fixed..

Hey PK would it be possible for you to bring back just sentarshedeen, to before it was turned to a flaming pile of turd?
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Wait, Tnt didn't have your permission to make that stuff? I knew he remade the forge with the new storage, saw, kiln, ect. and I thought he had your permission to work on the rest. :/
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

nope he didnt. in fact i told him specifically that the inner city was mine and mine alone to work on and not to touch my wall. he did all of it..
sacrife

Post by sacrife »

Sucks to hear. I visited ryoloth while TnT was there playing with his wolf. I remember I read on the forum that the city was yours, but thought he had permissions since he was so blatantly there doing things.

My suggestion for fixing it would be to restore a backup locally, copy your old stuff via worldedit, and bring down the server to quicky re-apply it with worldedit and bring it back up.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Is this guy a member on the forums? I did a quick search but couldn't find anyone associated with that handle. I'd rather just ban him from the forums as well if he's behaving that way.

EDIT: NM, found and banned.