Flower's Dev Diary (week of May 27)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sockthing

Re: Flower's Dev Diary (week of May 27)

Post by Sockthing »

Congratulations also from me! Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good one :)
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
woeuntoyou

Post by woeuntoyou »

Happy Birthday.
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Happy Birthday! Take whatever time you need to get your vision back to normal, I know from experience that vision problems are no fun at all.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Happy birthday, FC!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
xou816

Post by xou816 »

I'm a bit late to the party, but well, I couldn't miss wishing a happy birthday to our spiky tentacular overlord!
So there you go: happy birthday!
(PS: if still encountering eyes issues please consider using ender spectacles!)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

So I apologise for necroing the old birthday thread. Happy birthday FC!

JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Happy Birthday FC!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys. It's been a good one to be sure, bifocals or no ;)
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Happy birthday, dude! :)
Lots of planets have a north...!
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Happy Birthday!

<3's from me!
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

A bit late, but have a belated happy birthday. :)

Also -- saw this and thought of you.

I'd buy it if it wasn't for the fact that I have no idea where you live and wouldn't want that information either :P
Psion

Post by Psion »

Happy Birthday, Flowerchild!

And I will admit, hearing about you having to wear bifocals summoned an image of Cthulhu with glasses. Much amusement was had.

That said, my eyesight is only about half as bad, but I know the pains of dealing with weak eyes. I went without glasses until I was about 12 years old, and before then I thought everything was supposed to be fuzzy further than a couple feet away. XD I sometimes get tension headaches/migraines from eye strain too, although I found excedrin (asprin, tylenol, and caffiene) to be a very effective headache bomb, even if the asprin leaves me feeling slightly queasy to my stomach. >.>b

Hope things get better for you soon, and thanks for all the wonderful fun you've given me and countless others over the life of the mod total conversion! I can safely say, although thaumcraft has come somewhat close in entertainment value, no other mod, nothing, has ever come close to BTWs balance and sustained enjoyment.

Best wishes, and may your future endeavors bring you much enjoyment! ^_^
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Woot! A small step forward, but I do believe the ML substitute is now complete (or complete enough for an initial release).

I need to celebrate the little things right now given my limited capacity to work on the mod :)

I still need to do the 1.5.2 server port, and can feel a headache coming on already, but might try to get that done this afternoon after taking a break for awhile.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Man if that were me faced with headaches induced by poor vision I would be spending all my time playing scrolls or something instead of working on the mod while I waited for my new glasses. Your commitment to this continually impresses me.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Man if that were me faced with headaches induced by poor vision I would be spending all my time playing scrolls or something instead of working on the mod while I waited for my new glasses. Your commitment to this continually impresses me.
Hehe...thanks. I've been trying to get in at least an hour or two a day, to keep my momentum going, and so that I can move onto more interesting stuff once I get my glasses tomorrow.

If I was able to return to productivity only to be faced with these kinds of dull mundane tasks, it would be rather depressing :)
thygrrr

Post by thygrrr »

I'm always impressed at how creative and disciplined your additions to the mod are. As game developers go, I'd say you are one of a handfull I genuinely respect, bordering on idolization.

Cheers. Thanks for saving Minecraft from Mojang's incompetence, BTW really scratches and (aggravates) that survival and exploration itch that keeps recurring ever since my first night in Minecraft. :-)

I'm looking forward to starting a brand new world soon, I especially appreciate your "greenlighting" of world creation after hardcore stratification, makes me feel comfortable to see that I won't need another for at least some months.