Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Chevalier_Blade

Re: Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.83]

Post by Chevalier_Blade »

Hello fellow BTW player! I am here to apply for whitelisting (if you are still accepting)
IGN: Chevalier_Blade
County: United States of America
Experience with BTW: I played ALL the way through the ages once in single player. I decided to join a server because... well BTW takes a LONG time and I am tired of playing alone all the time, and with the new updates increasing the difficulty so much I might need help.
Other info: I have never been banned from a server for any reason, and I am very good with redstone. I also detest griefing and stealing so I never will.
PS: I am a guy also.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

I've been watching you guys and i really like the whole kingdom/flags stuff going on your server. I am a fan of roleplaying myself and this small details really add some magic to the experience.

- My IGN: Pipolindus
- Been playing BTW none stop for some time now, done it all (explosives, white stone, steel, mob traps, automated farms) but i suffer from WRD (world reseting disorder) and that has been hindering my enjoyment of the mod a lot. I think playing in a server can help me overcome this awful habit and as i've never played MC multiplayer at all, i am hoping to have some fun doing so.

I am a very communicative and easy going guy. I do tend to go on rampaging drunk sprees of nonsensical jokes of bad or poor comical value. When i do however my english tends to be so badly broken no one really gives a damn. Also my gf normally strangles me until i pass out when i go on this drunk hazes so they are pretty short.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
TNTs_Best

Post by TNTs_Best »

Hi there PK, i hope u still knowwho i am :D I want to apply for the whitelist of ur server. Im 16 years old and im living in Germany. My ingame name is TNTs_Best and concerning my experiences with BTW: couldnt be better. ^^ I hope i to get added to the whitelist soon and im looking forward to join it again.
(Some formal stuff)
TNTs_Best
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

TNTs_Best wrote:Hi there PK, i hope u still knowwho i am :D I want to apply for the whitelist of ur server. Im 16 years old and im living in Germany. My ingame name is TNTs_Best and concerning my experiences with BTW: couldnt be better. ^^ I hope i to get added to the whitelist soon and im looking forward to join it again.
(Some formal stuff)
TNTs_Best
Your IGN sets off alarms in my head and brings images of Gringotown in ruins. Anyone else think this guy is suspicious?
TNTs_Best

Post by TNTs_Best »

I went offline before anything happened to Gringotown coz i dont rly like vanilla terrain (mostly played "Tropicraft"). If a Griefer went through Gringotown - id ont know anything about that. Maybe check some old server logs and stuff, that will prove that my last login wasnt in relation with that griefing attack u r talking about.
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Just thought I'd let people here know that I may be offline more sporadically for a time... my city was hit by a tornado a few days ago and my ISP is repairing some damage that is causing some kind of random offline time.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

TNTs_Best wrote:I went offline before anything happened to Gringotown coz i dont rly like vanilla terrain (mostly played "Tropicraft"). If a Griefer went through Gringotown - id ont know anything about that. Maybe check some old server logs and stuff, that will prove that my last login wasnt in relation with that griefing attack u r talking about.
Read the rest of the server thread. The whitelist came into effect because of the griefings going on. TNT and other explosives tend to be a sensitive topic in communal areas.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Bevanz wrote:Just thought I'd let people here know that I may be offline more sporadically for a time... my city was hit by a tornado a few days ago and my ISP is repairing some damage that is causing some kind of random offline time.
alright man, stay safe
DiamondArms wrote:Read the rest of the server thread. The whitelist came into effect because of the griefings going on. TNT and other explosives tend to be a sensitive topic in communal areas.
While you are right and I do feel a bit suspicious, if PK trusts him then that's what matters, I think the admins should let PK take care of this whitelisting.
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Sorry I've been gone for awhile, messed up my last install and RL junk as well :P I'll try and get on in a bit.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

I hope my lab is okay! sorry I have been away a while guys :( gonna be back on as soon as I update at least for a bit
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
Sockthing

Post by Sockthing »

Hey guys!
I want to get more active on this server. But can anyone tell me how this server works? What I mean, I dont quite unterstand the fraction thing, also generally the set up.
Thanks for any information!

-Sockthing
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

I don't think the factions actually mean anything, we mostly just do it for fun :P. If however we did get a large enough player base I'd love to see some conquest stuff going on that we could do ;)
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Yeah, factions are just kinda "light rp"-ish... just something some of us do for fun. It's mostly just based off of if people are building close to eachother and want to form a "faction". Some people design banners for their faction/city, too.

It'd definitely be interesting if we did more active RP stuff, though. I'd be interested in that, like having different nations and sanctioned tourneys/wargames, etc.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

More RP stuff would and tourneys would be cool. When the basic structure of my temple is done I'm gonna make an underground arena, as well as a grand library. Imma fill the library with lore books about the priests but if anyone else wants me to store lore there I'd be happy to c:
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Screw Terrene. I'm so lost trying to find a nether portal back and I'm now stuck inside your mineshaft thing. You guys live in a fucking maze XD
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

JakeZKAM wrote:Screw Terrene. I'm so lost trying to find a nether portal back and I'm now stuck inside your mineshaft thing. You guys live in a fucking maze XD
lmfao jake xD thats why i dont visit there often xD

As for an arena thing, if enough of you want ill make an arena that we could do tournaments for prizes. just a thought :)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Arena sounds cool, but tournaments are going to be tough to coordinate.

If we're going to do faction skirmishes, It's going to only be Terrene and Maridran. (Hammersly' Faction, name pending) can't seem to maintain a coherent group, seeing as it's first leader is now seemingly part of Terrene and it's second leader is a hermit. Pittsburgh has too few people, as far as I can tell. I have no Idea if Raven's Landing is it's own faction, nor whether PK's area/faction is in any shape to compete.

Also, Lag and Disconnections are a b***h. Tournaments are going to suffer if the less connected are going to be hit by large numbers of entities, hostile or not.

The Arena can wait until we have a good location for it, preferably somewhere which is convenient for everyone. maybe in the sky somewhere near spawn...
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

After seeing this:
http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7597

I have this urge to organise fishing competitions, if not for server lag.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

DiamondArms wrote:Arena sounds cool, but tournaments are going to be tough to coordinate.~
Well tournaments can be done on ways that wont suffer from lag or be asynchronous challenges. Example: fastest one down a obstacle course after a week wins (time can be measured using redstone devices and highscores can be writen on sighs in the arena); building contests are also easy to do, just name some judges.

Also who owns Balzeroth's Artic Land? May i settle near you (about 1k meter aways) and abuse of your neat teleporter =) thx.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Invasions and fights in bases as well ;) either allowing destruction of property or avoiding it, in a sort of capture the flag thing. As for not having enough people factions can team up, and if we keep growing the factions will as well. The arena I'm planning on making in the temple is more PvE anyways. So it could be co-op, single draft, or gladiatorial fights as well ;)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Oh! we could also do an assassination lottery c: it works like this, A random person is picked as an assassin and another person is picked as a target. The assassin is given a limited amount of time to assassinate the target without him catching on and killing him before he gets killed. If the assassin completes the kill, he chooses a new assassin and their target. If he fails the previous target gets to pick. Whoever wins gets a prize of some sort but you're not allowed to take the other persons stuff, and assassins are not supposed to kill someone in a way in which they'll lose their stuff. :D
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

I like those ideas, Jake. I especially like some sort of capture-the-flag type game... Although using teleporters would probably be a little bit cheap in that situation... not sure how it would be set up to be fair and all. (On the nether road Terrene Roamsedge's gate is only a few dozen blocks from Sentarshedeen's gate, and less than that if you take pirate ship teleport pads). The assassination game sounds really, fun, too... but I think if we do it, it should only be people who submit to the pool so random people don't get killed, and maybe we could have an entry fee for the prize. Also probably only one per day or week or something so people aren't getting killed all the time.

Also, I don't think Sentarshedeen and Terrene are the only two cities who could participate... Terrene has 3 regular players building in it, although technically Benanov is also a citizen, I haven't seen him in a while. Not sure about Sentarshedeen. But yeah, Raven's Landing would definitely be in the running if Terrene is... they have 2 1/2 according to their population sign. I'm not sure if the half is Alex, but he's also really close in proximity to them.

How many does Hammersly and Pittsburgh have?

Also, what's the minimum to compete? I mean if someone building on their own wants to compete, then why shouldn't they?
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

For capture the flag we can set up team beacons and bases ahead of time wherever we choose. It could be pre made arenas, people's bases or faction bases, or pretty much wherever. WE could try an all out war somtime just to see how it goes :P and factions can team up with other factions to even out the teams. Or we can completely scramble the teams, it's all up for debate.

For the assassination game, I agree only people who ask to be a part of it should be in it. As for buying a ticket we could have variations of that too. As for the timing Once a day seems too short and once a week too long. That's why a three day time limit seems best to me since it gives the assassin time to plan and determine when he should strike ;)

Besides that there's plenty of other games, competitions, and simple tests of skill we can set up for everyone to enjoy :) perhaps we should start working on a central hub of sorts in game to organize such events? OH THE GOLDEN PHALLUS SHALL RETURN! XD
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

I would like to point out. there is a giant ass hole between our world and the "other world" in which we (the special godlike people such as PK) could build arenas, challenges, capture the flag maps, assassin mazes etc. :) of course this would need the permission of lord god PK himself.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

I would very much like to see such things come into existence ;)

as a side note, Mister redstone professor, your components await you at my kiln :P