Ivalice (Original Server) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.8912]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
andreinawolf

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist [BTW 4.83]

Post by andreinawolf »

To the other whitelist requests:

You missed something very important! You both have low post counts, so I'll need some exhaustive introduction text if there is going to be any whitelisting ;) Missing that "something important" already raises a red flag and I need to have a rich, deep, warm feeling in my gut that tells me I won't regret the whitelist.

Edit: OMGEE! Page 18!
jwideman

Post by jwideman »

I requested on your website. Not sure if you want me to redo the request here too. Anyway, I've been lurking a long time, and finally decided to register here. You don't know me yet, so here's a little background:
I started playing minecraft back in the beta era, before Better Than Wolves came out. When it did, I gave it a shot, but even back then it was incompatible with a lot of things. As I recall, almost everyone was using modloader, and hardly anyone was using forge. So (it's been awhile, so I may have this wrong) since BTW used forge - no FML yet - it was either BTW or everything else. I'm a mod junky, you see, so I had dozens of mods in my mods folder or jar. Of course, most of them were modloader only. Still, I gave BTW a fair chance. Better Than Buildcraft was a nice addition, but it wasn't enough. As I recall, Optifine was modloader only, and I just couldn't live without LB's realistic HD textures, and SEUS. So, it had to go.
Now everything has reversed, and yet the same incompatibilities exist. It's amusing, really. Few people trusted forge - for most of the same reasons FC does - and now that's not the case at all. I would know what happened, because I took an extended break from playing Minecraft. While I wish BTW was still compatible with Optifine, the break has given me a fresh perspective. I can do without a lot of the forge mods, and the mods I find most important aside from Optine work just fine with BTW. Everything else would either unbalance the mod or is more or less duplicated by BTW.
Long story short, I've been playing BTW and really enjoying it. That it's not for 1.5.2 doesn't bother me at all, and the new features make it far more interesting than it was. Hungry wolves wiped out my food source in one night. Talk about intense!
Anyway, having given you some of my backstory, here's what you really want to know about me;
I have played on not very friendly servers, but I've never griefed friendly co-op ones. When I ran a server, I tried to prevent griefing as much as possible. I'm very against one person having fun at the expense of everyone else. Likewise, cheating is out. I'm relieved that you allow minimaps and such. I use CJB's mods with everything off but the minimap and moreinfo even in my SSP games, and I'll probably turn on the chat pinger as well for the server, but that's it.
What's your ruling on CraftGuide (the hotkey, since obviously I can't craft it on your server) I don't think of it as cheating, just convenience. I can't remember things like I used to as a kid, and I haven't been a kid in a very long time. If I can't use it, I'll just be afk a lot, checking the wiki for recipes.
Your PVP system reminds me of a MUD I used to play but there the flag can't be removed. Your solution of user settable duration which remains with you when logging out is brilliant! It sucks when someone jumps you then logs off so you can't get revenge, and on the other hand having to wait to log off after a kill is very inconvenient. The only problem I see is that someone could make a very short duration, kill, then the flag times out. Another solution might be to make the flag toggle instead, and preventing removal for a time after the kill.
Also, it's not clear to me if this counts for player traps. There's many ways to kill a player indirectly. Or would this fall under griefing?
I prefer cooperation, so the pvp isn't something I'll be doing much of, if at all. What really draws me to this server is the changes to the default BTW. The roaming tamed wolves is fantastic! Do they still poop? I like automated dung farms, but I want them to serve as guards too.
Anyway, I hope this wasn't TL;DR and you now know me better. I hope to get to play on your server soon.
Mikko_blu

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist [BTW 4.82]

Post by Mikko_blu »

andreinawolf wrote:
Mikko_blu wrote:Where are all of my emeralds?
Lexy told me about this earlier. Not sure where your emeralds went but we'll figure it out.
Did you figure anything out?

Last i remember, i had them by the iron beacon and where the SFS beacon was. I was pretty sure i left it there, since when i logged in from being banned, i had the Haste and Looting effect from the respective beacons.

I thought i may have left it at eths, but he said i didn't. I don't rememeber giving anyone else my beacon either.

The Diamond was untouched. There was also a ton of little things missing, one of the things i remember was my cats. I left a bunch of them around my base, and the only one left was the one in the storage room.

When do you come on usually?
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Mikko_blu wrote:Did you figure anything out?
Seek ye the Ehsan.
Mikko_blu wrote:When do you come on usually?
Weekdays from 7pm EST to 11pm EST. Weekends are whatever. Probably between 10am and 11pm.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

andreinawolf wrote:
Mikko_blu wrote:Did you figure anything out?
Seek ye the Ehsan.
Mikko_blu wrote:When do you come on usually?
Weekdays from 7pm EST to 11pm EST. Weekends are whatever. Probably between 10am and 11pm.

omg what the hell did he do
Razorcraft258

Post by Razorcraft258 »

I am Razorcraft258 and I would really like to be whitelisted on this server. I have been admin on two other servers and built countless creations for the owner. These creations include mini games, buildings, a skydive, a town, and even a spawn area. I am under 18 years of age, but I am very responsible. I have read the agreements and fully accept them.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

andreinawolf wrote:To the other whitelist requests:

You missed something very important! You both have low post counts, so I'll need some exhaustive introduction text if there is going to be any whitelisting ;) Missing that "something important" already raises a red flag and I need to have a rich, deep, warm feeling in my gut that tells me I won't regret the whitelist.
Just to clarify: The "something important" is not exhaustive introduction text. It is something else and I'm purposefully being vague because it's part of how I screen whitelist requests.
boiler_rat

Post by boiler_rat »

minecraft name: boiler_rat

I think I may of accidentally posted my whitelist request elsewhere if this double posts I am deeply sorry.

You will not find threads by me except the accidental post someplace. I am not typically a forum person and once I go to a server I tend to stick with it lol. However, I have played on Minecraft vanilla for about a month and have went into PK's BTW server with my friends bitter & seriine and have been there for a week or two. I had got a whitelist through them by PK to play on the server. I come to this server without my friends because I desire to try this version of minecraft on multiplayer in a friendly enviroment. I'd like to get a feel of this from start but still get some help if I am desperate.
In BTW i have learned all the basics and started to dabble in machines. I currently had made a cow farm that feeds the cows and they eventually go to their deaths, and an auto-chicken feeder! I am a friendly person who actually has common sense about giving people their building space & to be mindful of the environment and others. I won't go as far as saying I'm a perfect angel, I have my 'moody' moments but I don't go around destroying things or stealing from others either. My friends have a hard time getting me to grab stuff from their chests with their permission never mind me just taking from strangers. Other than that, i cannot give you a better background on myself within the minecraft realm. I am well over 18, from the eastern USA.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Hey there boiler_rat.

I figure I would help out Andre by quoting him from a previous whitelist request that applies to you:
andreinawolf wrote:You missed something very important! You have low post counts, so I'll need some exhaustive introduction text if there is going to be any whitelisting ;) Missing that "something important" already raises a red flag and I need to have a rich, deep, warm feeling in my gut that tells me I won't regret the whitelist.
boiler_rat

Post by boiler_rat »

Ethinolicbob wrote:Hey there boiler_rat.

I figure I would help out Andre by quoting him from a previous whitelist request that applies to you:
andreinawolf wrote:You missed something very important! You have low post counts, so I'll need some exhaustive introduction text if there is going to be any whitelisting ;) Missing that "something important" already raises a red flag and I need to have a rich, deep, warm feeling in my gut that tells me I won't regret the whitelist.

Yes, I had seen that post as well =) I just really don't know what else to say honestly. Like i said, I have never been much of a forum person. The only other background history is that I had been on secondlife for 3yrs as a builder & DJ and that does not show well for minecraft I suppose. I mean all I can really say is.. if I seem to cause trouble, ban me. Report me to flower child and ban me from here too. I rather come to a whitelist where i can feel safe and I have searched these forums and feel that this is the best place for me to get my start on my own in BTW. I'm on "Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.83]" with PK_420... I live in Raven's Landing. I am finding it difficult to squeeze blood from this stone and praise myself and give a background when I really don't have much of one. However, I fully understand why there needs to be an exhaustive intro. I'm sad to say, that what I give is what I got and all I can do is hope that what I gave is enough.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Yeah there is still a specific extra you are missing :)

Check the OP on "Getting in the Whitelist"
boiler_rat

Post by boiler_rat »

Ah yes =) I DID mention that I did on the mis-post that never showed up here and is floating somewhere int he realms of BTW Forums! LOL But yes I have read the rules and basically the whole page on this server =) It all seems rather common sense which I do have LOL I fully agree to them and understand them =)
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

Sweet :)

I don't have the ability to whitelist you but when Andre next gets the chance it looks like you look good to go!
boiler_rat

Post by boiler_rat »

I noticed they where on earlier, I hope I get approved so I may enjoy the server =)
Soulfrost

Post by Soulfrost »

i forgot i live on the server XD its been so long. my home still exists :D so im back and playing
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

boiler_rat wrote:I noticed they where on earlier, I hope I get approved so I may enjoy the server =)
Sorry I don't think Andre has been online for a couple days as far as the server says
superlakueman

Post by superlakueman »

I've sent a whitelist application but no one has said anything about it.
Ethinolicbob

Post by Ethinolicbob »

superlakueman wrote:I've sent a whitelist application but no one has said anything about it.
andreinawolf wrote:To the other whitelist requests:

andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Thanks for following up with the thread Eth! I dub thee "Keeper of the Peace".
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Ethinolicbob wrote:Sweet :)

I don't have the ability to whitelist you but when Andre next gets the chance it looks like you look good to go!
Added boiler_rat to the whitelist because he received Eth's blessing it seems :P You're responsible for him now!!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Razorcraft258 wrote:I am Razorcraft258 and I would really like to be whitelisted on this server. I have been admin on two other servers and built countless creations for the owner. These creations include mini games, buildings, a skydive, a town, and even a spawn area. I am under 18 years of age, but I am very responsible. I have read the agreements and fully accept them.
To be honest, I'd normally request that someone with a low post count would write a little more about themselves. However, since you included the part about reading and agreeing to the rules (careful reading of the OP has been lacking lately lol) I am feeling very generous. Added to the whitelist. See you soon!
shrewdude

Post by shrewdude »

Hello, I find my self in a unique position to inquire about being whitelisted. My IGN is: " Plyguy " but many know me as shrewdude.
I fell in love with BTW and have been following its development for some time playing with the mod on and off for a while so I understand enough to hold my own. In the real world I am 18, I work as a janitor at a medical center every other day making minimum wage, living with my girlfriend. If I had to describe me, quirky yes but also creative and itching to stick my hands into some real BTW gameplay on a regular basis.

I have read all pages and do understand the wishes of the server and I am committed to show absolute respect when playing.

All that aside I have read a great deal of posts on this thread and have become hopeful that this server is just what I've been looking for.
Hope I didn't make you read to much I know I got a little formal but its kind of instinctual for me.

Take care.
MCInventions

Post by MCInventions »

IGN: MCInventions

Hi, I have been looking for a server like this one to join for quite some time now. I've had about five months worth of BTW experience, and know how everything works. I also know the dangers of BTW and have read the rules on the official server site. I'm very creative with my builds and machinery (I actually paint and draw and sell those locally.) I have been a Minecrafter for two years and counting, and have loved the game since day one. My strongest aspects are farming, construction, and landscaping. I'd happily help people when needed, as well as share and cooperate with everybody. After all isn't that what the server is about? I've had mod/admin experience on multiple servers before, mainly dealing with greifing/hacking/trivial disputes, and server construction. I've never been banned from a server, and don't plan to cause trouble ever! I don't cuss and always try to use proper grammar. I would love to be a part of the server, thanks. :)
Notch approved. ;3 *Insert approval stamp here*
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Reposting this here as well, given I'm not sure which of this guy's server applications this was originating from:
MCInventions wrote:Umm.. is PK still accepting players though? I would love to join a wonderful small server like this one. :'C
Just to make something clear to people like the above genius:

When a server operator (myself included) mentions post-count as a factor in whether or not you'll be white listed, they're usually smart enough to notice when someone joins the forums and goes on an artificial posting spree in order to boost their count.

'Post count' is just a quick way of saying "Do we know you? Do we trust you?". Unless you've been around the forums for awhile and have contributed intelligently over that span of time, the answer is almost always going to be "no". The only thing spamming posts like a tard is going to do is get you banned from the forums, thus ensuring you'll never be whitelisted to any of the servers that have threads here.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Below is from a PM:
DevilSouly wrote:Hello,

Ok.. Before reporting my forum username to the black list please read this:

About a year ago I found this mod and i made an accont on forums.
I was so excited to play on a server...and applied for the whitelist on a lot of servers...I went on a server that requires you to complete a maze...i did it and at the end i was able to jump over 2 blocks height... but i did it with another block that i randomly picked up...it was on ground in maze...and admin thought i hacked my way out...he banned me then report on the black list players....then flowerchild looked at what i was posted on forums and he found i applied for a lot of servers...this annoyed himand i got ip ban...then i tried to epxplain to him and that's why i created more acconts on forums...but he did not read what I said...just ban me.
I became friends with the owner from a whitelisted server from forums and he sayed on forums i don't grief or hack but flowerchild said will ban even him if will say more about me...

purpose of this pm is to ask for whitelist on your server... me and my friend would like to play( my friend is IGN: Diddx )
i wish just a chance...
P.S.:Srry for my bad english,i still try to learn it... and i'm 16

yours truly,
serjo43
PMs are not a way to get around bans and get whitelisted. In fact, this is how you don't get whitelisted :P