Early-game mountaineering

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Graphite

Early-game mountaineering

Post by Graphite »

Now that things have mostly stabilized, I figured I'd pit my skills against the early game as well and see how I would fare. All in all, I'm pretty confident I will survive, but my world seems oddly devoid of surface-level caves, so I currently spend my time trekking around in search of iron ore.

I passed a mountain biome and saw several caves up in the mountains. Where I should've thought "do I want to risk going hungry to see whether there's iron up there?", instead my meta-game knowledge piped up with a "eh, iron doesn't spawn at that level anyhow. No need to bother."

The current iron spawning limitations just feel off to me... artificial, almost. It's a matter of taking the most well-known level in the game (ground level). Below that, there will be iron. Above it, there will be none.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Early-game mountaineering

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, but what's the point of this thread?

If you want to discuss how vanilla ore distribution sucks (which it does), take it to off topic. If you want to suggest I change ore distribution, then take it to suggestions.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

The point of this thread is that, as far as I know, you are still interested in hearing about things that feel off in the game. This felt off to me. Currently, the only unlocked thread on the subject of balance is about jungles and I wasn't about to hijack that one, so I created a new topic.

As for not posting it in suggestions: "grievances" (can't think of a more appropriate word, as it's really a bit too strong for this case) don't match my definition of suggestions.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fair enough. You can reevaluate that "reasoning" over the course of your vacation.

If threads are locked, it's because I'm not looking for that kind of input, not to invite people to get sneakier in how they provide it.