View Bobbing

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Detritus

View Bobbing

Post by Detritus »

Does anyone actually use this?
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Thalarctia

Re: View Bobbing

Post by Thalarctia »

Always off. Dunno if that's a Notch-thing, as it was in his previous game as well. Nobody used it there either, as soon as we got the option to turn it off :)
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Yeah, I turn it off myself too, and nearly everyone I've spoken to is annoyed by it.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

If I need to throw up real quick I'll turn it on.
aJaroOllie

Post by aJaroOllie »

This is really strange, I personally tend to keep it on all of the time, I think it looks too smooth with it off. I guess it's kind of an immersion thing.
IGN: Matthew_OJ
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I used to keep it off, but it feels wierd without it now; too smooth.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

The game looks unnatural with view bobbing off - like I'm pushing around a camera on wheels.
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

Now that my PC can run a higher frame rate I always keep it on, with lag though it was intolerable
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Huh, that's a bit of a surprise to me. Personally I really dislike it, because it really throws off the precision of block placement. I guess it just distracts me from the game. But, each to his own, I suppose!
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

I have it on, didn't even notice it until now. I tried it off real quick and it really feels weirdly smooth.
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Ditto the above, I didn't even really realize it was a thing until now. It's always been on for me, and I'm used to it. I tried turning it off and it seemed a bit odd to me.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I always have it on. Feels too much like a disembodied camera virtual fly-through thing without.

Actually, I'm really surprised to hear how many people here turn it off. It really doesn't feel like a game to me without it.
Kaitocain

Post by Kaitocain »

I keep mine off. Most games can get away with a very subtle view bob without getting me sick, but others (like Blood) make me sick rather quickly, so off it goes if possible.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

FlowerChild wrote:Actually, I'm really surprised to hear how many people here turn it off.
I'm astonished at the amount of people susceptible to motion sickness, just be happy they haven't added a rocking sensation whilst boating in minecraft.

It's on for me.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Pucc wrote: I'm astonished at the amount of people susceptible to motion sickness, just be happy they haven't added a rocking sensation whilst boating in minecraft.
Well, this is actually important info for me. "Make view bobbing optional" just got added to my todo list for RTH :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Don't forget the FOV sliver. Or else TotalBiscuit will throw your game in a fire :P
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote:Don't forget the FOV sliver. Or else TotalBiscuit will throw your game in a fire :P
Fuck TotalBiscuit :)

Sorry, I draw the line at cheats.
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

FlowerChild wrote:Fuck TotalBiscuit :)
I love this place :)
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

FlowerChild wrote: Sorry, I draw the line at cheats.
How could it be used for cheating?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Azdoine wrote: How could it be used for cheating?
The Quake-pro way. Eyes to your side or in the back of your head.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thorium-232 wrote: I love this place :)
Don't get me wrong: I get a good laugh out of their reviews, and often even agree with them.

I just don't give a shit about reviews in general ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: The Quake-pro way. Eyes to your side or in the back of your head.
Hey man. Maybe I'm role-playing an alien life form. People should be able to play how they want. You need to support player choice!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: Hey man. Maybe I'm role-playing an alien life form. People should be able to play how they want. You need to support player choice!
Yeah, yeah... ;)

I think I'm seriously going to promote RTH in a "less options = better game" vein. People's heads are going to explode :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

It seems a lot of people can get sick playing with certain fov's. I never had that problem, but I have a friend that can't play some first person games for too long without feeling sick because of the small fov. Of course the quake-pro thing is way over the top, but it seems to be a good idea to have it at least somewhat configurable...

I just mentioned TB because he seems to rant about that in every single video he makes :P
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jorgebonafe wrote:It seems a lot of people can get sick playing with certain fov's. I never had that problem, but I have a friend that can't play some first person games for too long without feeling sick because of the small fov. Of course the quake-pro thing is way over the top, but it seems to be a good idea to have it at least somewhat configurable...
I don't disagree about the above. A certain about of variance is desirable anyways to accommodate different monitor sizes.

But the MC method? No, that's just silly ;)