decrease initial wood punching time

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
LupusExMachina

decrease initial wood punching time

Post by LupusExMachina »

After a spawn three and a half minutes have to be spent punching wood.
Without any alternatives or choices this forced activity seems unfun long.

I propose reduction of the intial wood punching time through not further defined means.
Stormweaver

Re: decrease initial wood punching time

Post by Stormweaver »

So much for me waiting a few days before mentioning this.

The punching time for wood does seem a little long now, combined with the need to collect food and find shelter all in the same 10 mins; it comes across as tedious as opposed to challenging. If you can't see a tree when you spawn...For what it's worth, I don't think a huge change is needed.

Phones make fast suggestion posts sound crap -.-
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'll keep it in mind, but fuck off with the suggestions, especially right after a release.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Actually, in all fairness, I will say that I think you guys are right. I had set the harvest time so high to differentiate between punching and tool use previously, when now that's largely done through the returns you get, similar to dirt.

I'll be doing another balance pass on log harvest times shortly as I want to vary them by wood type in the next release, so I can look at that at the same time.

My apologies. I really frigging hate suggestions, and tend to wince reflexively when I see them, but I think this is a valid point.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Been doing a play-through this morning. The wood harvest time seems about right to me. I *may* adjust it slightly while I integrate the difference harvest times on different wood types, but if I do, it will be incredibly slight.

So yeah...don't count any chickens here. I'm willing to look at it further, but that's about it.