Flower's Dev Diary (Week of April 29th)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Flower's Dev Diary (Week of April 29th)

Post by FlowerChild »

Shadynate wrote:Dude really, the Forge api is full of drama which I think is ruining the whole minecraft community.
Oh wow. I do believe a goon somehow slipped in here.

Wait...wait...didn't you mean that the drama is a "cancer", and then state it in such an over the top dramatic fashion that it winds up dripping with unintended irony?

Oh well...doesn't matter. Rule #1 pretty much covers it all.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Let's see... you do have a bunch of ghastly pillars standing around here and there, but you already took care of that :P

If I had to guess, I'd say the minecart station where you arrive could be a good hint. You've mentioned adding functionality around chest-minecarts before. It wouldn't be an early-game thing, but it could have quite an impact. On the other hand, it didn't really feel like a hint more than you just passing through that base, so it might not be that at all too.
mrdejong

Post by mrdejong »

Well, at the and of the video at the part where FlowerChild putted all of his stuff in a chest. Near it are 2 platforms on top of each other (1 diamond block in the middle, obsidian around it, and lastly block of soulforged steel). I'm thinking that the device is where FlowerChild is talking about, I've recreated it in my test world and pretty much had to cover my ears when I did power it with redstone.

Other than that I really can't see any other hint to a device.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

mrdejong wrote:Well, at the and of the video at the part where FlowerChild putted all of his stuff in a chest. Near it are 2 platforms on top of each other (1 diamond block in the middle, obsidian around it, and lastly block of soulforged steel). I'm thinking that the device is where FlowerChild is talking about, I've recreated it in my test world and pretty much had to cover my ears when I did power it with redstone.

Other than that I really can't see any other hint to a device.
We've all known about the device since it was first hinted at a little over a year ago, and FC said it was not that. Maybe the change has something to do with minecarts? (Random guess).
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Hmm... scrap my earlier hypothesis, actually. It doesn't qualify for "They don't all affect early game difficulty though (some definitely do)" at all. So I'm stumped :P
Shinxy

Post by Shinxy »

Maybe, it has something to do with trees/leaves? He pointed at a large treehouse thing with several smaller trees grown on the top. Something to do with how they grow or behave maybe, outside of the hardcore wood that is already there, and the bonemeal nerf? That'd deal with early game difficulty sure, that is my best guess.
:V
Punk

Post by Punk »

Buddy cart