New Release! (BTW V4.80)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
odranoel

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.80)

Post by odranoel »

i must say its taken me a few days to get used to all the new changes since i started playing BTW again (been busy these last months :( ) and yet the epicness keeps on coming. these last few hardcore modes like hc movement, hunger, fishing, starta and everything is just crazy awsome and so surprizingly intuitive. Thank you master flower for another epic update :)

Edit: wording
Sage

Post by Sage »

Oh, wow, this is awesome! This release is so good it also got rid of my hangover from last night :O
FlowerChild wrote:
Serjo44 wrote:today i was banned on ip for reason: <dances>
what i have do wrong?
Whatever it is...you just did it again.
sacrife

Post by sacrife »

Dear flowerchild. Why art thou so awesome?

Awesome release. I cant understand why this hasn't been in vanilla from the get go. So fitting for the minecraft universe.

One question though. Are the dense stone colored by code or additional textures?
Lars

Post by Lars »

Oh wow, Hardcore stratification is amazing. What a marvellous idea! Man, I can't believe how cool this mod is becoming. MC without BTW is just outright boring now. Thanks FC!
Fret

Post by Fret »

Oh man this gives me world restart syndrome all over again. I had just vowed to not restart any more. But this makes my previous world feel like cheating, too much easy iron from chests.
Solymr

Post by Solymr »

I'm sorry for the allcaps now but

HOLY FREAKING SHIT

CAVES LOOK SO DAMN AWESOME NOW

You said it yourself:
FlowerChild wrote:Flawless victory! :)
Now do it again! (I know you can, also reference to another great game)
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Hey, remember way back when getting diamonds was a challenge, and gave you a huge feeling of achievement?

Because it is, and it does again. woop!
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

Guess who's gonna have a pissed off girlfriend cuz i'll spend the weekend playing BTW? This guy!!

Thx FC for making an awesome game and ruining my social life.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...very happy people seem to be enjoying this one so much. Like I said when I released the test version, I almost scrapped this feature, but after playing it knew there was no way I could do that. I just loved what it did to the game waaaay too much :)

Going to take a little break from the mod today. I've been going at it non-stop for a little too long now (you guys may have noticed me getting increasingly short tempered which is a sure sign I need a break) and I feel like I just gave birth or something. But please post up your experiences with this new content as I absolutely love hearing this stuff, especially on a release this significant.
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

ohmygreatgoodgod...

This is epic.

The past few releases have been amazing, but the stratification...you don't even know how much I've wanted this.

Thanks, FC, you rock the Casbah.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just updated the download link in the OP for a 'b' version I just put together for FaceFoiled to resolve this problem on Edolas:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7454

This only changes a few files in the client (server is unchanged from the previous version), and only needs to be downloaded if you are experiencing this error due to world corruption (that's the only thing I can think of that can cause it), or if you play on Edolas of course.
Mud

Post by Mud »

Making Gold Dung was an interesting experience. At first I was super excited, then I realized I was holding a golden dog turd...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mud wrote:Making Gold Dung was an interesting experience. At first I was super excited, then I realized I was holding a golden dog turd...
Did you wave it about and fling it to honor tradition? I know I did while testing it :)
Mud

Post by Mud »

No, but I did throw it at the Ender Dragon just to make sure it wasn't the fabled "Win Button."
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Regrettably, I've yet to discover the secrets golden dung holds. Need to try more things.
Also stratification is amazing man! I love it a lot, it feels like it is mine craft, like it should have always been this way. I don't know how you keep doing that but you never seem to run out of amazing ideas! Thank you lots!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Mud wrote:No, but I did throw it at the Ender Dragon just to make sure it wasn't the fabled "Win Button."
Hehe...I think "throw it at the ender dragon" should become a part of what everyone does when I include a new mysterious feature :)
myrkana

Post by myrkana »

lol the golden dung is awesome xD made my bf laugh when he opened the chest to find it. Nice one ;-p
Rawr :D
Yhetti

Post by Yhetti »

Oh my god. The stratamining thing, my friend at school had that Idea, he implemented it in another mod, and I was like yeah I'm gonna do that for my add-on for better than wolves too, but I am super lazy and then you did it for me. Is it okay to say I love you?
Last edited by Yhetti on Sat May 11, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slacke

Post by Slacke »

Although I love the idea of the stratification its friggin anoying when just the outmost block of an ore vein is visible in your cave and you can see the rest further in but know you can't get at it if you mine it! =)
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Gravel and dirt are your friend to send the blocks flying your way ;)
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Or just ladders. They are lifesavers now with the bouncing and the Stratification.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Wooow I've been away a while due to laptop issues and a mountain of coursework... thought I'd pop back on and update, and now I'm wondering what the hell I've missed :P Really looking forward to getting my teeth back into this ;)
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

I watched IcyNewYear's video and everything looks amazing. I personally LOVE the textures of stone in the deeper stratas.
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

So I haven't yet (and likely won't for a while) had a chance to play around with V4.80, but I had a question about Hardcore Strata: do the layers of rock affect only what material pick can effectively mine the stone, or does it change the speed at which the stone is mined regardless of pick quality? In other words, does a diamond pick mine surface-level stone and deep stone equally quickly, or is this also affected by the changes?
Iodinium

Post by Iodinium »

CrimsonStorm wrote:So I haven't yet (and likely won't for a while) had a chance to play around with V4.80, but I had a question about Hardcore Strata: do the layers of rock affect only what material pick can effectively mine the stone, or does it change the speed at which the stone is mined regardless of pick quality? In other words, does a diamond pick mine surface-level stone and deep stone equally quickly, or is this also affected by the changes?
It's also affected, the lower (strata) the slower,