Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Sockthing

Re: [Fresh Start] Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.71]

Post by Sockthing »

- In Game Name - sockthing
- Age - 19
- Country - Germany
- Experience with BTW - Never reached Pottery or Steel, but just before that dozen of times. Playing over a year with BTW.
- Other: I really like to focus on building designs, not always intended to function perfectly, or to be efficient, more so that it looks good. Generally I'm Builder.
Rob wrote:Sock-ilocks then tried the momma bear's pixel size and thought that it was just right.
BTW Community SMP Server: Discord | Sock's Crops: Thread
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Sorry I was not able to get on last night. Real life is kinda catching up to me. Hopping to get a job soon so I can build a REAL computer. I will try and maybe get on sometime tonight :)
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
Vexalor

Post by Vexalor »

Hey, Ryoloth? Would you mind if I joined your little clan out in the desert? I'm getting tired of getting killed in the little frozen bay south of spawn. I can do whatever you guys need me to do out there. As a side note, though, are there any restrictions on what/where I should build?
bittersweet529

Post by bittersweet529 »

Hi, I`d love to apply as it`s been a while since I played SMP BTW.

- In Game Name - bittersweet529
- Age - 27
- Country - Canada
- Experience with BTW - Started playing a few months before hardcore buckets appeared and have been playing ever since.
- Other: My automation may be clunky, but I like to think I'm at least a decent builder. I'd likely be quite active on the server.

My wife also expressed some interest in joining with me.

- In Game Name - Seriine
- Age - 30
- Country - Canada
- Experience with BTW - Have some experience playing with my husband.
- Other: I'm friendly, get along with others and like helping out newcomers.

Thanks for your consideration, hope to be playing with you soon.
ryoloth

Re: [Fresh Start] Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.70]

Post by ryoloth »

Floyper wrote:Thats a good idea but i have one question..Does it have to be a boat? Could it for example be a submarine :) (bit of a hint to what my base is going to be)
a submarine would work if thats what you wana do man, just boat like, you know giving us a prerequisite to having tps instead of "put tps in all the palces!!" you know haha :)
Vexalor wrote:Hey, Ryoloth? Would you mind if I joined your little clan out in the desert? I'm getting tired of getting killed in the little frozen bay south of spawn. I can do whatever you guys need me to do out there. As a side note, though, are there any restrictions on what/where I should build?

i would not mind at all:) the only restrictions i am thinking of having is, i would like to do the building for sentarshedeen (captiol) as i have some plans that require some planning before hand that i have already done, but other than that, if you would like to build your own town, with any help the capitol can offer you can build however you would like anywhere in the desert out side of sentarshedeen boundries (i will show them to you if this is what you want)
but in short, sure you can join my clan/kingdom :)

A note on what I would like to do in the Maridran desert for everyone who cares, and it doesnt have to happen anywhere else on the server if its not wanted, but i would like semi roleplaying such as town leaders governing their people following laws set by them as well as national laws set by me, trading, correct styles of transport and what not. I would like to keep the desert in a medieval style of building as it follows well with the BTW tech tree
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

In that case me and Wire are Town Mayors While jec is a barron.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Lol. I'm going to need an office.

Anyways. Hammersly is probably developed enough to level up from settlement to Small town. I'm going to make my own house soon. Maybe I'll fit in an office and reception for lulz.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Id say its ready. We have Mob Farms. enchantment table, (new) Storage Room, dung production, a windmill/waterwheel, crucible, cauldron, saw, mine, nether portal and Hemp, pumpkin, melon, wheat and sugar Cane Farms. Its a good starting place and might at some point be new Gringo. On another Note now that i think about it since i named the island maybe i should be supreme ruler? :)
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

In that case I may consider moving off the Island. Supreme rulers don't mesh with me and my all-knowing ways.

Joking aside, We should start building individual houses. Let, I suggest you make one, with office and whatever a Supreme ruler needs. I don't mind playing the mastermind behind the figurehead. Hehehehehe...

On a side note, the New Gringo will probably be wherever PK builds a house.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Just logged in to check how things were going and I wondered what would my title be ryo? High priest/wizard xD
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Since we're doing Titles, I'ma draw up a list.

PK_420: Land Deity
(all Admins get Sub-deity as a default Title)
Ryoloth: Sub-deity and Sa'ar of Maridran
Jecowa: Sub-deity (Additional Titles pending)
GdTeatime: Sub-deity (Additional Titles pending)
Jonathanduf: Sub-deity (Additional Titles pending)
PrestonX06: Sub-deity (Additional Titles pending)
LetEatDonut: (Not-so)Supreme Ruler of Hammersly and Columbus, Because Hammersly was named but not founded by you. I'm still thinking about what to properly title this.
Wirerx: Plastic Fork. I dunno what to title myself either. I don't exactly make the best leader around here.
JakeZKAM: High Priest of Ryoloth
Bevanz: Lord of Terrene Landsverge
Prof_Ion: Electrician

Other people can suggest titles for themselves and others.
Last edited by DiamondArms on Thu May 09, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

JakeZKAM wrote:Just logged in to check how things were going and I wondered what would my title be ryo? High priest/wizard xD
Lol, High priest works with me XD
DiamondArms wrote:Since we're doing Titles, I'ma draw up a list.

PK_420: Land Deity
(all Admins get Sub-deity as a default Title)
Ryoloth: Sub-deity and Idol of Maridran
Jecowa: Sub-deity (Additional Titles pending)
GdTeatime: Sub-deity (Additional Titles pending)
(Completely Forgotten who is the last admin)
LetEatDonut: (Not-so)Supreme Ruler of Hammersly and Columbus, Because Hammersly was named but not founded by you. I'm still thinking about what to properly title this.
Wirerx: Plastic Fork. I dunno what to title myself either. I don't exactly make the best leader around here.

Other people can suggest titles for themselves and others.
Jonathduf and prestonX06 are the other admins :P
and i think Sa'ar of Maridran be a better title for me if your going to keep track of them, also jakezkam is my high priest :)
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Yaaay High Priest JakeZKAM is in business ;). Once I get back on/the capitol has been built up a bit, I'm gonna go off somewhere in the desert and make a temple/library of some sort. :-) Also I suggest if we're building up all these factions we start negotiating borders/treaties and possible wars ;)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Red stone professor open to hire. If you can want it I can probably wire it (: just give me a shout looking for a permanent faction to live in (:
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

Nice walls around sentarshedeen, Ryo.

Also, I'd like to be Lord of Terrene Landsverge (the region around my city at the end of the world.) My city has a different name, but I can't remember what it is. Klendt is the Justicar of the city.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

Sooo a few things. There are no potatoes or carrots on the entire map due to the terrain gen (trust me I checked every single village). So I sacrificed my diamonds that I have found for 1 potato and 1 carrot and have been working them up into a farm. So if anyone wants one I have them. I have also inhabited the plains biome on the northern island, And have come to call it The Pittsburgh Federation (With my town being Pittsburgh. There are 2 more villages in the biome If anyone wants to take one of those villages be my guest, and welcome to The Pittsburgh Federation.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Prof_Ion wrote:Red stone professor open to hire. If you can want it I can probably wire it (: just give me a shout looking for a permanent faction to live in (:
I would like to have you in my faction professor :) i would like to see what we can do about getting the gate fully operational :)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

ryoloth wrote:
Prof_Ion wrote:Red stone professor open to hire. If you can want it I can probably wire it (: just give me a shout looking for a permanent faction to live in (:
I would like to have you in my faction professor :) i would like to see what we can do about getting the gate fully operational :)
Just tell me when you want me on (: this weekend will be kinda busy but I'm gonna be up late Friday and Saturday. Also I can play tonight whenever you need (: looking forward to what kind of gate we are doing (;
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Updated Titles. Jake, Bevanz and Prof_Ion are in.

Ryo is now Sa'ar as requested.

Time to start a draft of Factions and related things
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Factions!

Maridran
Leader: Ryoloth
Sub-Leader: JakeZKAM
Subjects:
Prof_Ion(pending?)
Bevanz

Hammersly
Leader: None elected yet, Probably Let or Jec
Sub-leader: Wirerx
Subjects:
Benanov(maybe?)

Pittsburgh Federation
Leader: Gdteatime
Sub-Leader: None elected yet
Subjects:
None yet
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Question: Will we have a PK Faction?

Next Question: Hammersly, do we want Jecowa as out resident Deity?

Yet another question: Should we start allowing other vehicle structures(Cars, Planes, Helicopters) as valid TP locations?
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Cars planes and whirly birds feel kinda out a place, how about trade caravans/airships? And is there anyway we could somehow put a toll on the tps to make them more of a fast travel and to still encourage use of roads?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

JakeZKAM wrote:Cars planes and whirly birds feel kinda out a place, how about trade caravans/airships? And is there anyway we could somehow put a toll on the tps to make them more of a fast travel and to still encourage use of roads?
There's a command block system that takes Levels as a form of currency. maybe that would work.

Currently debating whether to set up an outpost area in the snowlands south of spawn. unfortunately, boats don't quite work due to the ice, but a caravan doesn't either due to proximity to water. Will ponder this further.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

Well it could be a boat embedded in the ice or with a ram of some sorts :-) or even an airship man. And if we could get it to only work if you had the required levels that'd be good. I also wonder what we're gonna do about non renewables, we gonna set up some way to obtain them eventually or something since we're just living on a giant floating chunk?.

BTW while I'm out of commission I was thinking of writing up some lore for the future library/records area I wanted for my temple. Anyone interested in some good old lore?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

JakeZKAM wrote:Well it could be a boat embedded in the ice or with a ram of some sorts :-) or even an airship man. And if we could get it to only work if you had the required levels that'd be good. I also wonder what we're gonna do about non renewables, we gonna set up some way to obtain them eventually or something since we're just living on a giant floating chunk?.
Gonna think about it. The Airship sounds like an idea. Hammersly is not short on wools.
JakeZKAM wrote: BTW while I'm out of commission I was thinking of writing up some lore for the future library/records area I wanted for my temple. Anyone interested in some good old lore?
I'm big on the lore thing. If you could get some in a Signed Book and make a few copies, I'd be grateful. Once we get to the End, I can get my chest with my Library Materials and make the Library of Knowledge.