Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
ryoloth

Re: [Fresh Start] Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.70]

Post by ryoloth »

Hey Lex, sorry i had to go earlier, but the windmill is still yours if you wana pick it up:)

EDIT: never mind, i delivered it to carnivore :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Earlier someone mentioned starting a currency. well I think that that is a great idea and would actually encourage people to do community stuff instead of keeping everything for themselves and can add more fun to the game with things like banks and taxes. I have some idea for the currency theres of ourse diamond (too expensive), emeralds (hard to come by with no mountains or no village) gold (gold would work the best i think and add a use for it but once a pigmen farm is established it would become worthless and last but not least paper (too easy to get).
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

As far as currency goes, i have traded multiple things with carnivore and lex, it seems simple enough something is needed for both parties and that something is provided by the respective party. I just had a thought when i got to the end of this post, maybe mossy stone bricks could be used, seeing as they can be made but they are difficult to make with all the time and things required to make them. just a thought :)

on a different note. there is now a TP to Sentarshedeen(my city) any are welcome to come and use equipment as long as you respect other players stuff.
Also, i am thinking of settling the Maridran desert (just named it, its the desert that my city is located in) with smaller villages, so if anyone would like to join my city or start their own village with the help of my city stop on by and ill get you set up :)

on another different note. Jec and i had a thought, since the spawn is a pirate ship, i think that all TP's should have to be to a boat of sorts, not necessarily a giant ship, but a good sized man made boat in which tps can be set. as for tps over land, towns that have stables can have a tp to and from a nation capitol, and nations need a larger stable but can send 'caravans' to other nation capitols or remote places. thoughts on this?

~ryo
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Gonna say that the transport theme with TPs sounds awesome. It makes construction a prerequisite to getting a TP made.

Do we have a site for a new Main Town? or is Ryo's land going to be the main city everyone gathers around? Does anyone even want a main town anymore?
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

North Island has been renamed Hammersly Island (pronounced Ham-mers-lee)
Ryo you need to make a tp back to Spawn other wise you get stuck at your base.
If no one else has noticed The map on the website is rendered in sphax which is AMAZING
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Currently proposing that some of us colonise Hammersly Island properly and set up a town of sorts there.

We're going to want a starting area for newbies.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

thats what me, jec and benanov have done. Hammersly has a cow and sheep farm, wheat, sugar cane, hemp and melons. it also has a windmill, nether portal and cauldron. why dont u come on wire
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Currently in crappy internet area, and in class. not sure if i'll be on today.

Edit: I see you guys have been active in my absence. The windmill and nether portal are new.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Pk/admins i beleive there may be a server bug/lag. animals despawn by themselves. i thought it might be zombies but the animals were unreachable and there were no drops on the ground. the mobs have despawned both times that someone has gone too far away from them.
we lost 8 cows and 10 sheep from this and cant get any more now
nortti_

Post by nortti_ »

I'm getting randomly disconnected in short intervals. Does anyone else have this problem?
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

The server is working fine for me. There were like three other people who were on while you were having trouble. No one else disconnected during that time.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

DiamondArms wrote:Currently in crappy internet area, and in class. not sure if i'll be on today.

Edit: I see you guys have been active in my absence. The windmill and nether portal are new.
ye we have been doing alot. we also have wheat farms and a quarry but unfortunately the cows and sheep we had despawned
Benanov

Post by Benanov »

We'll need redundant storage, then. It's possible mobs got them, so make sure the areas are well-lit.
There's only one V in my name, thanks.

<TaterBoy> I figured out why there's so much lag. We have too much iron.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Maybe we should shove the animals in a barn or underground storage box. I like those.
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

Hey I have read a bit about this server for a while now, and I would like to ask whitelist permission.
my IGN is prof_ion
I am 17 years old
my experience with better than wolves is on the more extensive side. I am no battosay but I manage to find ways to automate cool stuff. (if you need reference for my automation skills I can put together a video of the things I have automated and other cool redstone stuff)

I am an OP on the Edolas server and have been a member there for about a year. I am pretty sure that ANY member that has ever met me on that server would vouch for me.

the reason I want to play here is so that I can have a place to play some multiplayer when Edolas is having a time of low traffic, or no one is on.
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Floyper wrote:(...)Ryo you need to make a tp back to Spawn other wise you get stuck at your base. If no one else has noticed The map on the website is rendered in sphax which is AMAZING
I know I do, but I'm sticking with the tp theme i had in mind for any of my towns/villages in the desert so, i need to get a boat up on the river first :)

Also, i just checked out the map on the website.. i must say.. wow. it will be a much better tool now that it isn't like the old one :)
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

ryoloth wrote:on another different note. Jec and i had a thought, since the spawn is a pirate ship, i think that all TP's should have to be to a boat of sorts, not necessarily a giant ship, but a good sized man made boat in which tps can be set. as for tps over land, towns that have stables can have a tp to and from a nation capitol, and nations need a larger stable but can send 'caravans' to other nation capitols or remote places. thoughts on this?
~ryo
I really like this idea, it makes it so the teleport pads aren't completely imbalanced while also giving something to drive creativity.

Also, I think I am gonna establish a base a little off yours, ryo, I have been looking for a place to call home where I also won't be potentially messing up your builds with my own, and I think I found it.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Bevanz wrote: Also, I think I am gonna establish a base a little off yours, ryo, I have been looking for a place to call home where I also won't be potentially messing up your builds with my own, and I think I found it.
Alright, sounds good:) take what resources you need to get going and let me know if there is anything that i can help with :)
Bevanz

Post by Bevanz »

ryoloth wrote:
Bevanz wrote: Also, I think I am gonna establish a base a little off yours, ryo, I have been looking for a place to call home where I also won't be potentially messing up your builds with my own, and I think I found it.
Alright, sounds good:) take what resources you need to get going and let me know if there is anything that i can help with :)
Cool, thanks... I won't be on until a little later, but I have some basics going, no mech power yet, though, so I'll probably come back to farm up some hemp for a windmill.
He flaps his boney wings at you, but you ask how he can fly with those things and he crashes to the ground.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Bevanz wrote:
ryoloth wrote:
Cool, thanks... I won't be on until a little later, but I have some basics going, no mech power yet, though, so I'll probably come back to farm up some hemp for a windmill.
what ever you need man :) go ahead and take some iron for a pick and sword, you can always come back and smelt it down for repairs :)
Mandroo

Post by Mandroo »

- In Game Name - Mandroo
- Age - 29
- Country - USA
- Experience with BTW - Lots, although I just got back into it. I have a little catching up to do.
SuperCraften

Post by SuperCraften »

- In Game Name - SuperCraften
- Age - 15
- Country - UK
- Experience with BTW - for about 1/2 a year

Oh I was on before it closed ;)
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

ryoloth wrote:
on another different note. Jec and i had a thought, since the spawn is a pirate ship, i think that all TP's should have to be to a boat of sorts, not necessarily a giant ship, but a good sized man made boat in which tps can be set. as for tps over land, towns that have stables can have a tp to and from a nation capitol, and nations need a larger stable but can send 'caravans' to other nation capitols or remote places. thoughts on this?

~ryo
Thats a good idea but i have one question..Does it have to be a boat? Could it for example be a submarine :) (bit of a hint to what my base is going to be)
Kannsinn

Re: [Fresh Start] Friendly Coop BTW Server ! [v4.71]

Post by Kannsinn »

- In Game Name - Kansin
- Age - 19
- Country - USA
- Experience with BTW - I have been playing for about a year.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Floyper wrote:Does it have to be a boat? Could it for example be a submarine :) (bit of a hint to what my base is going to be)
I'm just gonna ask, how deep are we talking here?