Easier version of the mod?

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Xadhoom

Easier version of the mod?

Post by Xadhoom »

Hi all, I'm a casual player, and I'm playing with BTW since a year now.
I find most of the things it add really awesome! But lately the mod is getting harder and harder... and not "funny hard" but "frustrating hard".
I started a new map few days ago, I wasn't playing with it from a couple of months, and all of a sudden i found myself unable to survive.
I couldn't cook anything: because you need a cauldron, and to make a cauldron you need iron that becamed really scarce, and you need netherrack and to acces netherrack you need diamonds and a portal.
I couldn't defend myself: because now you can't make any weapon if you don't have iron, so I had to hide and wait for the end each night, and flee from any monster during daylight (really really boring!).
If some monster injured me, I had to suicide, because with raw food is quite impossibile to restore health.
If you die, you will spawn randomly away. After I died I spawned in a little desert island, in the middle of the ocean, with no way to make myself a boat to get out of there.

In order to make this awesome mod accessible to casual player, I suggest to add some low level weapon (like a pointed stick that could became an actuall spear with flint on top of it) and ways to make food that can actually heal you (since wheat and such is becoming really rare).
It would be REALLY great if more hardcore options could be disabled, so a pro player can make his gaming experience as hard as he want, and a casual one can have fun too.
SterlingRed

Re: Easier version of the mod?

Post by SterlingRed »

Fc, title says all you need to know.

To the op, I suggest you read through the change logs associated with hardcore tools, and hardcore hunger as the things you are asking for are already there. Namely, furnace, and stone axe. Also this mod is not intended to accommodate all difficulty levels and play styles.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

I came here hoping for a tongue-in-cheek suggestion. What I found made me sigh.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

Your post seems to be rather loaded with inaccuracies...
Xadhoom wrote: I couldn't cook anything: because you need a cauldron, and to make a cauldron you need iron that becamed really scarce, and you need netherrack and to acces netherrack you need diamonds and a portal.
8 cobblestone makes a furnace, this wondrous device burns things to make fire, one possible application of said fire is the cooking of food.
Xadhoom wrote: I couldn't defend myself: because now you can't make any weapon if you don't have iron, so I had to hide and wait for the end each night, and flee from any monster during daylight (really really boring!).
Stone axes are your best friend pre-iron, be sure to always have a spare.
Xadhoom wrote: If some monster injured me, I had to suicide, because with raw food is quite impossibile to restore health.
You passively regenerate health as long as your hunger bar is above "Peckish". which is far from impossible to maintain unless you jump and sprint around everywhere, stairs are good, and so are slabs.
Xadhoom wrote: If you die, you will spawn randomly away. After I died I spawned in a little desert island, in the middle of the ocean, with no way to make myself a boat to get out of there.
Hardcore Spawn is configurable. And considering you admitted to suiciding over hunger, that's hilarious.
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

Congratulations, this is your first post in BTW forum, which you wrote in 3 minutes after registration, so i'm not sure if you even think about if you should write it. Congratulations again for typing almost 1500 letters in that time, which gives 500/minute, seems a record to me, still so many words that most people will regret to read.

You may not realize yet, but you failed to understand the BTW concept or the modder vision.

It seems you hate the hardcore changes in BTW.
You also should have read the Hardcore Rules in this forum...
icynewyear

Post by icynewyear »

Xadhoom wrote:Hi all, I'm a casual player, and I'm playing with BTW since a year now.
I find most of the things it add really awesome! But lately the mod is getting harder and harder... and not "funny hard" but "frustrating hard".
I started a new map few days ago, I wasn't playing with it from a couple of months, and all of a sudden i found myself unable to survive.
I couldn't cook anything: because you need a cauldron, and to make a cauldron you need iron that becamed really scarce, and you need netherrack and to acces netherrack you need diamonds and a portal.
I couldn't defend myself: because now you can't make any weapon if you don't have iron, so I had to hide and wait for the end each night, and flee from any monster during daylight (really really boring!).
If some monster injured me, I had to suicide, because with raw food is quite impossibile to restore health.
If you die, you will spawn randomly away. After I died I spawned in a little desert island, in the middle of the ocean, with no way to make myself a boat to get out of there.

In order to make this awesome mod accessible to casual player, I suggest to add some low level weapon (like a pointed stick that could became an actuall spear with flint on top of it) and ways to make food that can actually heal you (since wheat and such is becoming really rare).
It would be REALLY great if more hardcore options could be disabled, so a pro player can make his gaming experience as hard as he want, and a casual one can have fun too.

FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Haha...noob.