Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
PK_420

Updated to vMC 1.5.1 [BTW v4.66]

Post by PK_420 »

Oh My !
Just realised that I have TeamViewer installed on the server, I'm going to connect right now and run a test server with a backup of GringoTown's map just to see if it's not too hard to find new areas of nether and I'll try to see if the map is still playable.. If so, I'll update it right away.. if you want to come around it's the same IP but the default port.
207.134.155.40:25565

I'll be able to tell shortly if I'm updating...

P.S. If anything needs a fix, (chunk reset or backup..) I'll do it as soon as I get back home if there's really a need for it.

Edit : So Far So Good :) Found some nether quartz in new chunks along with a new fortress :)
Sounds like an update coming soon...

Re-Edit : Finally, I Just updated to v4.66, it looks like everything is OK..
Gdnite

Re: Friendly Cooperative BTW Server ! [v4.66]

Post by Gdnite »

Very nice! yay!
qqq122qq

Post by qqq122qq »

qqq122qq
U.S.A
I have been playing it off and on for awhile now
I am not a very talkative person unfortunatly
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

ive noticed a bug. my house is in a mountain area. (i think) and all the textures of grass blocks facing north have a darker grass texture than the sides of grass blocks facing any other direction.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

new axle turning texture IS AMAZING
wirer

Post by wirer »

PK, the portal in my area is up, if you need it to see the area that needs regenerating.

its behind the sugarcane in my house

Does MCEdit or server OP functions allow you to see which chunks have been generated?
If so, can you see which chunks around the portal have been generated and reset those too?
A1Mike_W

Post by A1Mike_W »

- In Game Name: A1Mike_W
- Experience with BTW: I've been playing since 1.2.5., and I have a good understanding of the mod. I played on a few BTW servers before, and I know how to behave myself ;) I've been lurking about the forums for a while, and I'm more of a listener than a speaker, so excuse my lack of posts :)
Additional information: I'm hoping to play with a friend, but he didn't register, and I'm really eager to teach him how to play with this mod. Would you mind if I posted his application?

- In Game Name: CbScoPEzZ
- Experience with BTW: None (my friend shall teach me :3)

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

Attention everybody. The new Ender Farm is up and running. it is more eeficient than the old one and takes up less space (told you Wire). the tp to it is loacted when after you enter the end you turn straight right and follow the large hallway. You will pass an underground tree farm (I know they wont grow) and walk through a 2 high tunnel till u reach a room with 2 chests. step left onto the Tp plate and tp to the farm. comes with an item Burner, enchanting table, item storage chests, community chest for crappy enchants (diamond only) plus 2 modes. Kill mode=death to enderman. Xp mode=enderman on 1 heart meaning 1 punch will kill them. u dont needa waste ur weapons.
Have fun and dont grief
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

feel free to make suggestions for what could be added to make it more practical (besides an infernal enchanter, i need way more bookcases) but please dont build anything without asking me. this took me ages and i dont want someone coming along, messing with the redstone and fucking up the spawn rates. i had to go over the whole build 20 times to make sure there was nowhere where they could spawn or tp that i diditn want them to.
Ramsey629

Re: Friendly Cooperative BTW Server ! [v4.67]

Post by Ramsey629 »

- In Game Name: Ramsey629
- Experience with BTW: I've been playing since beta, and I was the person who owned "Hyrule" on your server.
Last edited by Ramsey629 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeanoGasp

Post by BeanoGasp »

IGN: 16beano16
I have played with BTW since version 3.0 (2011) But have not played for a while. i got bored and wish to reknew my experience in the fun of a community environment
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

where the old tp to the new endfarm was is where im going to make a storage place. each whitelisted player will be given several chests. when the new map is constructed (if it is constructed) the overworld will be deleted while the end and nether will remain. all the items u wanna keep u should put inside these chests so they wont be deleted when the world is reset.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Hello, Renamed Server player here.

P.S. Let, I still think my enderfarm is better than yours, based on the fact that punching or any attacking is not required, and the chances of dying is waaaaaaaay lower. People can AFK there for exp without fear of dying. Also, I have no idea how to screenshot in MC, so presenting any suggestions is currently not possible.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

DiamondArms wrote:Hello, Renamed Server player here.

P.S. Let, I still think my enderfarm is better than yours, based on the fact that punching or any attacking is not required, and the chances of dying is waaaaaaaay lower. People can AFK there for exp without fear of dying. Also, I have no idea how to screenshot in MC, so presenting any suggestions is currently not possible.
actually you cant AFK for more than 20 minutes at full hunger and fatness without dying. so unless yours is extremely high yielding, i think let's is better :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Let's farm needs you to punch the endermen to death. Too manual, and somewhat risky.

the other issue is that some of the other sections of the farm allow endermen to teleport into them.

Having toured the place and getting killed by a lagging enderman, I think it's pretty unsafe for a mobfarm.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

DiamondArms wrote:Let's farm needs you to punch the endermen to death. Too manual, and somewhat risky.

the other issue is that some of the other sections of the farm allow endermen to teleport into them.

Having toured the place and getting killed by a lagging enderman, I think it's pretty unsafe for a mobfarm.
It would interest you to note that i am not done with my farm yet. I have gone over it at least 30 times looking for possible places where enderman can spawn and so far i have found 6 blocks that i intend to fix as soon as possible. and with most farms you can have efficiency and practicality or you can have safety. i dont care if people want to use yours, i made this farm as a pet project and i use it because its faster.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

At this point, I would ask "Why not both efficiency and safety?"
It's certainly feasible, without taking the whole build offline.
frankly, it would be easier to implement in your build than mine, but you seem to enjoy punching endermen.
I'll look into adjusting my design to be more convenient.

on a side note, how many spawning pads do you have?
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

roughly 16-20 of them. i think the reason they work a bit better is beacuse as soon as the enderman spawn they are pushed off instead of wandering around for a bit. and yes i talked with Wire yesterday and he had an idea for making item collection and so on that could be easily implemented in my design so i am still working on making it more effecient
Nuchiha

Post by Nuchiha »

IGN: Nuchiha
Experience with BTW: Well I've been playing Better Than Wolves since version 3.93, or that's the farthest I can remember. The farthest I've gotten is The Age Of Wood Tier 6: Pottery, according to the Better Than Wolves wiki. I would've have proceeded to the next age, but a glitch with turntables prevented me from making a crucible. That, and I left the server for reasons I can't remember. I continued to play on my own but it always felt empty, with no one else. That's why I went into SMP when BTW became able to do so. I've also haven't played in a while, so many new things to discover!

Other: And if it helps, my building style is medieval. At it's latest pre-industrial.

Questions: What do you mean specifically by cooperative? People living in settlements together? Public farms? Or people just generally helping each other out if they can? I apologize if this seems ridiculous, but I'm just curious.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

We've got a main spawn town called gringo town with public farms, lots of player houses, ect. Basically it's that you can help other people if they ask for it or team up and stuff. No anarchy play or fighting without consent.
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Most tend to settle within or near Gringo/spawn area. Some choose to join existing communities outside Gringo, with varied results. And then some ask to be teleported out 20k blocks. What ever suits your fancy is fine. The admins aren't adverse to silly but not unreasonable requests, as far as I have experienced. Gringo has a variety of farms and storage where you can get tools, materials and starting kits.

If you do get whitelisted, Please stop by the suicide booth in southern gringo/Far end of the town. I'm collecting Player Heads for a mausoleum in the future. Fresh players are ideal for feeding the Tiny Monster I've created. Binding yourself to the nearby steel beacon is advised, for convenience in using the Kill-Box.
Nuchiha

Post by Nuchiha »

DiamondArms wrote:Most tend to settle within or near Gringo/spawn area. Some choose to join existing communities outside Gringo, with varied results. And then some ask to be teleported out 20k blocks. What ever suits your fancy is fine. The admins aren't adverse to silly but not unreasonable requests, as far as I have experienced. Gringo has a variety of farms and storage where you can get tools, materials and starting kits.

If you do get whitelisted, Please stop by the suicide booth in southern gringo/Far end of the town. I'm collecting Player Heads for a mausoleum in the future. Fresh players are ideal for feeding the Tiny Monster I've created. Binding yourself to the nearby steel beacon is advised, for convenience in using the Kill-Box.
Don't player heads not drop? Or is there a plugin?

And if so, what are the chances of aforementioned drop?
DiamondArms

Post by DiamondArms »

Vanilla: Player heads do not drop under any circumstances

BTW: Player Heads have a chance of dropping on player death. chance is boosted(extremely, maybe certainly) if a saw and chopping block is cause of death. which is exactly what the Kill Box is made of.
jecowa

Post by jecowa »

Could you explain more about the custom-built map that you are considering?
PK_420

About that 'Custom' map...

Post by PK_420 »

We would simply re-gen a map with LargeBiomes, we then will limit the size by deleting a large gap around from bed to sky, discouraging people from going further out.

'Custom' is not meaning much, only that I may re-use parts of the old map, copying them with MCEdit (Especially the spawn area, Ryo's dungeon...), I am also planning on keeping The End (Confirmed) and probably the Nether (Still unsure)...

The map we are currently using is getting big and very randomly explored.

For the moment I will encourage regular people to vote until Saturday,
If the vote passes, I'll schedule the map switch a week in advance, so we can warn people to save their precious items in a designed storage area in The End which LetEatDonut made for us, this will also give us time to get the new map up and running.

A map reset would also help us experience the Early Game in all its glory :)

Any Idea is still welcome...
Thanks for all the support,
And as Always, Have Fun! :)