Powered rails and elevators

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
Prof_Ion

Powered rails and elevators

Post by Prof_Ion »

I have a track system that has powered rails on platforms. It works nicely most of the time, but I ran into an issue right after updating that the powered rails would break after the platform started moving. Is this intended? Has anybody else had this problem?
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
NotEvenOdd

Re: Powered rails and elevators

Post by NotEvenOdd »

Sometimes, especially when lag spikes occur, I unexpectedly 'slip through' any moving platforms I'm travelling on. I haven't played around with platforms as much because of it but I'd say its quite likely that what you're experiencing is due to the same problem.

When rails move on the platforms I think they become entities and since the player is also an entity, it can be assumed that they behave in the same way.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

No, the above isn't right. They behave entirely differently. If someone else confirms this is happening, I'll take a look at it.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

FlowerChild wrote:No, the above isn't right. They behave entirely differently. If someone else confirms this is happening, I'll take a look at it.
Just tried it on my test world (Gamemode was set to survival for tests) Here's the result(Also shown with all 3 detector rails.):

Powered Rails(In both states) and Detector Rails pop into item form.
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Cool. Will take a look.