Noir's Designs (CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
TheGatesofLogic

Re: Noir's Designs and Videos (Illogically Compact!)

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Yes, I think that would interest some of us here.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Wibbles

Post by Wibbles »

BlackCat wrote:Quick question, would you guys like to hear some of my pre build logic in this thread? It just occurred to me, that might interest a few people.
+1!
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

That would be great. When I am trying to make,my own systems, often I get lost and can't finish them or get them to work.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

Its nice to know how they're built and all, but its nice to know what one was thinking when they were trying to make the thing work!
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Alright, thanks guys :)

I've been thinking over how to do a few things, so I might just surprise you guys later ;)

I'll be sure to keep these things from now on, I've generally just thrown them away once I actually get to making something.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Six

Post by Six »

I'm not sure you have your computer working yet, but I've actually got a build request.

A block eater, which detects and eats a block coming up at it from below, without using any blocks at or below the height of the block being detected. Visual description of the kind of mechanism I mean:
Spoiler
Show

I'm pretty sure you can guess what this is for, after months of trying I finally got the other half working.
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

BlackCat wrote:Quick question, would you guys like to hear some of my pre build logic in this thread? It just occurred to me, that might interest a few people.
I would be more than happy to listen to what you have to say. So by all means, fire away.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Just letting you guys know that I've got a treat prepped, and that there are going to be super hexagon vids on my channel in the mean time :)
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for posting your designs. I just built two of your pottery makers and since then my industry has really taken off. So thank you and keep up the amazing work!
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

Six wrote:I'm not sure you have your computer working yet, but I've actually got a build request.

A block eater, which detects and eats a block coming up at it from below, without using any blocks at or below the height of the block being detected. Visual description of the kind of mechanism I mean:

I'm pretty sure you can guess what this is for, after months of trying I finally got the other half working.
At or below the height of the block being detected? I realize this problem is what makes this tough, but my question is, does the overall design require this functionality? Or could the rest of it be changed to accomodate a different block eater type? What is this setup for that requires such restrictions?
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

He wants to use it for his crazy tree farm of super specialness.

TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

I'm gonna take up six's request. Doesn't seem too difficult as I've done something similar in many situations. my own obsidian generator had a bit that could be altered to do something like this. I tend to prefer to redirect all my tree farms with pistons to either saws or a tube kiln for charcoal. If you want this for logs then this makes sense though. I prefer when, collecting logs directly, to make a horizontal tube BD collector. A little more expensive because there are multiple BD's but whatever.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Thanks gates :)

BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Computer is arriving today, expect videos within the next day or two :)

BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

If someone wants to test out this silverfish farm in practice I would appreciate it.

The contents of the block dispensers are listed in order on the signs.
Spoiler
Show

The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

BlackCat wrote:If someone wants to test out this silverfish farm in practice I would appreciate it.

The contents of the block dispensers are listed in order on the signs.
Spoiler
Show
XP?
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

It just drops the silverfish and the gravel when it gets infested, that will always leave a silverfish in the block.\

You can still make an XP thing, but you would be better off doing that with endermen.

SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Question for you noir.
I could figure this out myself but there's likely a much simpler way as I tend to over complicate things.
I've usually avoided edge detectors and such as most of my timers are turntable based. I find I would like to use a day/night detector feeding into an edge detector (doesn't matter which) to control harvesting my mushroom farm. Now then I did the edge detector with vanilla redstone and realized I had to extend the delay like 20 repeaters so that my water flows gates had time to propagate before they closed again.
So in short I guess I'm looking for a better way to do this. Do you have any ideas on how to build a edge detector with say a bd so that it has adjustable delay?
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

For delayed circuits I would recommend using a multi pulser (boat timer or something similar) and just have a delay between pulses, effectively allowing you to have up to 60 ticks of delay in a single circuit.

Basically what you would want to do is have the stopper in the multi pulser be hooked to a monostable, that way when the cycle ends it will pulse, but in between it will not.

You could also use a falling edge detector with the pulse output, but that might not work too well in this situation.

Let me know if you need more help :)

BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

For anyone who is interested I fixed the wheatfarm that was broken by 1.5.
Spoiler
Show
Buddy faces down, seeds go in block dispenser, first hopper needs wicker, all pistons are sticky etc.

It's the same as my old design with a few tweaks.

Aside from that, I'll probably be experimenting more with redstone blocks, so expect some of that.

RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

are you still taking requests? if yes, could you make a auto mushroom farm?
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Large mushrooms or standard size?

I'm probably not going to mess with large mushroom farming again anytime soon, but I believe you can use saws to cut them, regular mushrooms I might take a stab at though.

RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

standard size.
(I don't think it's possible to farm large mushrooms reliably since their size vary)
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

I'll think it over, but I would recommend just searching the forums for a farm, I'm certain I remember seeing a few before.

You might be able to farm them by using a row of mushrooms elevated up one block and have a platform for them to spread on below that elevated row, then just hook that up to a day/night timer or whatever you want to use and flow water onto the new mushrooms and collect them from there.

Dunno if that makes any sense, I'm not always great at describing things.

Six

Post by Six »

May want to re-test your pottery machine in 1.5, after the update I was getting a double push from the piston, leaving the block on top of the turntable.