Friendly Coop BTW Server !

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Floyper

Re: [Whitelisted] Friendly Cooperative BTW Server ! [v4.65]

Post by Floyper »

lol
Taleric

Post by Taleric »

Would love to join in the fun.

Taleric
Japan
Been playing BTW on and off since launch.
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

i would make auto saw but im having connection problems where every time i try to even open a chest at gringo i lose connection
Cainbg1978

Post by Cainbg1978 »

Hi, I would like to be whitelisted.
In Game Name: Cainbg1978
Experience with BTW: I've already played on the server so you should know :)
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

its too hard to make a compact saw in that small area without making it look shit. so if its ok with everyone ill make an austosaw at the little patch of land just outside the millstone tower. past the canvas sign thingy where the two trees are.
(i checked everything after i got rid of what id made but if any gearboxs are fucked up just tell em and ill fix em)
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

whenever i play everybody else is sleeping :P
wirer

Post by wirer »

Well, I'm not. but I'm currently occupied with powerleveling on another game. will be back soonish?
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

lol look forward to it.
i can show off my ender farm
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

had to go but you know where it is (i think) so you can take a look at it. no xp storage but 30 levels in 5 mins. plus theres and enchantment table :)
Mechnician

Post by Mechnician »

Hiya PK! New_Age_Soul/Mechnician saying hi! I'd like to get back on Better than wolves, and no place is better, so could ya Whitelist me?
I'm in Canada, Ontario, still can't speak French and am hoping to see you soon!
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

Mechnician wrote:Hiya PK! New_Age_Soul/Mechnician saying hi! I'd like to get back on Better than wolves, and no place is better, so could ya Whitelist me?
I'm in Canada, Ontario, still can't speak French and am hoping to see you soon!
Getting on and whitelisting you now new_age welcome back :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
wirer

Post by wirer »

aaaaaaand update to 1.5.1 is out!

PK, you still plan on restarting the map?
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

I could get behind a map restart myself, let the server experience the early game in all it's glory :P
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

i just spent 10 hours making a mob farm dont talk to me about a reset
wirer

Post by wirer »

Its true about the whole "I'm gonna lose everything" issue, but we really are kinda established and at the very least could use a nether reset due to quartz.

I want to see SMP early game. that would be quite funny
Floyper

Post by Floyper »

i worked on the saw. it auto places the blocks and it turns it off bu the redstones around the bottom is everywhere so try not to go under and break anything. the only aesthetic difference is a buddy block at the back of the hut where a cobblestone block should be and being able to see a redstone torch through a chest.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

We should get everyone on at once for an early game mad dash for food :p
wirer

Post by wirer »

Is the server still gonna spew out levels this sunday?

we could always wait until then
PK_420

About the Update to 1.5.1 [v4.66]

Post by PK_420 »

wirer wrote:Update to 1.5.1 is out!
PK, you still plan on restarting the map?
I might, As soon as I can get my hands on it and test out the compatibility of the old map,
That's not for today sure, not even for the week, since I'm out of town and I'll only get back home the 24th..
Sorry but you'll all need to wait until I get back to try it out and then I'll be able to tell if we need a new map...
Floyper wrote:I just spent 10 hours making a mob farm dont talk to me about a reset
For this, by 'New Map' I mean that I can reset whatever part I need to, so it shouldn't be that bad about your build, I can always back it up before regenerating the map...I'm more worried about GringoTown and all the redstone circuits all over the place, some might cease to work and cause troubles...
wirer wrote:At the very least could use a nether reset due to quartz.
That's exactly what I've been thinking, the nether part will surely get resetted mainly cause of the quartz, but still, I plan on keeping the same World Seed so upon regeneration I'll still be able to find key areas.
Edit : I found newly generated chunks not too far away, also made a TP for easier access (since there is groth everywhere...)
JakeZKAM wrote:I could get behind a map restart myself, let the server experience the early game in all it's glory :P
About the 'Early Game' you can always experience it by starting a new civilisation if I don't reset... else if we need to rebuild GringoTown then we'll all know what it feels like :)
wirer wrote:Is the server still gonna spew out levels this sunday?
Yes, If I setup the Server correctly (which I'm not sure, I never used this feature... lol), it should give 420 orbs to everyone connected on 4/20 at 4:20 AM and PM Eastern Time. (UTC -5)

Edit : Since I updated I haven't found many bugs, PM me if you find anything broken, I'll do my best to help.

Thanks for all the support :)
Have Fun!
Last edited by PK_420 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

There is no need for a map reset anywhere in all honesty. Quartz can be generated by reaching new chunks, that problem can be solved by making a teleporter out farther in the nether, or even making a tunnel towards new chunks for that matter. Until Mojang changes Terraingen that would cause un-sightly borders there is no need. It would just cause an excess of work for you PK to try to reset small portions of the map. Honestly the only valid reason for a map reset would be a server wide experience of starting fresh with the new survival and food changes. That being If that's the route you want to go I would recommend a vote for it, because I just built that damn gold farm to get my gold beacon and that was a pain in my ass =P.
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

We'll see as soon as I get my hands on it as I said.. I may still reset few chunks, it's not that much work, MCEdit works like a charm for this kind of maintenance..
And of course I'll do my best to keep all structures intact..
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

I hopped on the official server and quartz is abundant. Its just generating new chunks =D Its also a sexy building material now.
ryoloth

Post by ryoloth »

FlowerChild wrote:
Benanov wrote: And as far as Nether Quartz, this seems to indicate a map reset of very explored SMP servers - at least the nether, especially in the cases where the nether has been very well explored. I take your remarks on the official server about a map reset to be pretty serious - and yet it seems like this change, while good for gameplay, nearly necessitates one on older servers.
I don't really feel it does. A communal project to build a rail line out to a new nether dig site is certainly feasible even on very old servers. If anything it provides some nice incentive for such a project.
I'm liking FC's idea of a communal rail line build out to new chunks :) my vote (if you choose to make this a democracy PK) keep everything as is after the update and fix where you need to with mcedit :)
"we haven't had a fight since the last one" -Atold 2016
PK_420

Post by PK_420 »

ryoloth wrote:Keep everything as is after the update and fix where you need to with mcedit :)
That's exactly what I was thinking, and about those new chunks in the nether, we could always make a teleporter near the main Portal to get there... just saying...
wirer

Post by wirer »

Is it possible to get specific nether chunk resets?

I definitely could use one, seeing as the area my portal connects to is already sort-of built in but abandoned, as far as i can tell.

Edit: Can i also get info on this Falsewall guy or whatever his name is, the one who built/abandoned the area?