Happy BTW day everyone!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Shengji

Re: Happy BTW day everyone!

Post by Shengji »

Happy birthday to you,
Pick up all your wolf's poo
Grind some leather
In good weather
Mystery meat in the stew
7 months, 37 different border checks and counting.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Time to sacrifice some livestock for the occasion, sandwiches for everyone! Thanks for the best mod and community I have ever had the fortune to come across.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

To celebrate, I threw a picnic in the woods outside my fort.
Spoiler
Show
Thank you FlowerChild for everything you've done. I never could have anticipated just how big a deal this mod would become!
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
ThePowerofTower

Post by ThePowerofTower »

Alright, I need an equation for this... 2 years, times the quantity per day, times the number of users who grind souls regularly... Ahh, whatevs. Happy Better than Wolves day everyone!
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

Even though I haven't been around since the beginning, I would like to say congrats and thanks to FlowerChild and the community. For the last couple of years I have experimented around with many different mods, but the only one that I can consistently return to to have an amazing time is BTW. It has been a great ride so far and I can only hope that it is just beginning. Many thanks and I look forward to great times yet to come!
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Post by Jay42 »

Conga-rats on a two-year long ride across four major version numbers, one-thousand-and-six-hundred pages of MCF, six-thousand-nine-hundred BTW forum topics and several invasions by whateveraboos! Been lurking around ever since the curious incident of the yogscast on notch's blog. And boy, it was a wild ride. Lots of cursing, lots of faceplaming, plenty of tears and most importantly, incredible amounts of hilarity.

And imma post the same picture as last year, cause I can't find a more fitting one:
Last edited by Jay42 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
Rampage_x

Post by Rampage_x »

FlowerChild wrote:Two years ago today the first version of Better Than Wolves was unleashed upon an unsuspecting world! :)

Since then we've experienced many ups and downs, gotten to know each other, and had a lot of laughs along the way. Without a doubt, BTW remains the one thing I am most proud of having accomplished within my life, and has in many ways restored my enjoyment of it. I take great pride both in the mod, and the strong community that has formed around playing it.

So let's all raise a glass today and celebrate the reason we're all here:

Here's to Better Than Wolves! Long may she torment the wolfaboos, the yagaboos, and even the forgaboos, and long may she continue to entertain us!
Congrats FlowerChild :) We can't forget the surprises! I personally have had a blast with BTW. It just doesn't seem to get old and boring.

Snip -Flower
FlowerChild wrote:
Conclusion: you sound like a twat when you adopt that kind of official tone :)

Thanks for the figures though.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, no spoilers outside of spoiler threads please. I really don't want to start banning people on a festive occasion :)
Nutty

Post by Nutty »

Well, congratulations for this milestone. I have very little to say here, as the majority has already been posted. However, I personally would like to thank you for all the hours of enjoyment you have given to me. Unfortunately, the day BTW was released is the day after my birthday. That would have been a wonderful gift otherwise. Anyway, keep chugging on FlowerChild, we all appreciate the work you put in.
mogulus

Post by mogulus »

My wife and I are very happy to have BTW to enjoy on my days off from work. I stopped playing video games years ago and haven't enjoyed anything like minecraft in a very long time. I had damn near given up on that too before discovering your work and diving in to discover the playability and replayability you have provided.

Sometimes I've hated your decisions, like when you disabled beds. But always with time I've grown to respect the experience it has created, and completely trust your judgement.

happy anniversary to your mod. It totally deserves all of the praise it gets and much more.
Time slows down in a high gravitational field. This fact is the pinion of my plan to destroy us all...
Feliponius

Post by Feliponius »

FlowerChild wrote: Collectivist action applied to an individual for the sake of the good of the masses, in which the individual's right to ownership of their own creation is supposedly superseded by the desires (portrayed as "needs") of the common man, all the while claiming moral superiority in that theft by saying that they're doing it for the benefit of others, therefore driving that creator to no longer be willing to provide anything more for those people and to move onto greener pastures?

Yeah...damn straight..."Who is John Galt?" ;)
Definitely enjoyed that. Having read the book, it's amazing the parallels involved between the books narrative and your experiences with the modding community. I guess it's human nature.

In any case, thank you for not "moving onto greener pastures" before bringing to completion your work in Better Than Wolves. It is the absolute truth that had you not continued your development of this mod, there would be nearly no incentive for many of us to play minecraft. You've unlocked much of the potential I felt minecraft had during development, and turned what was once a hodge-podge of unrelated features and made it into a valid game with challenges, consequences, and best of all: fulfilling rewards. And for that, we thank you :)

So, Happy birthday to the mod and happy festivities to you FC. Enjoy the moment and thanks!
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

As promised, cake! Happy BTW Week everyone!
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Lol! Very nice man. Your cakes are becoming a real anniversary tradition :)
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Congrats FlowerChild. I know I'm a bit late to the party but in my defense I always stay very busy on wednesdays. :)
Good job, and a huge thank you for keeping this up so far. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this mod and community!
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

I could say "thanks man", but I wont.

Perhaps it is better to say why? You had me upcreek without a paddle yesterday evening while trying to get home. Juggling three torches and constantly closing of caves behind me made an interesting dungeon crawl to say the least. Found a lava source block then managed to keep it flowing downwards in the direction that I needed to light my way and find redstone for the inevitable compass.
The elation when I ran up the brow of a hill and found familiar territory/torch layouts speaks for itself & gave a sense of accomplishment that is rarely seen in modern computer games.

"Cow tits" (as they have become known) and "hardcore hoes" are just the icing on the cake and another reason why I enjoy BTW so much :D

Happy birthday BTW and earnest thankies FC ;)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Happy BTW day ^^ Its been a fun ride
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I thought I'd take a moment to thank you for all the work you've done for us. BTW is not only a great game, but also an inspiration and a lesson to all those who hope to one day be programmers themselves. Cheers to BTW, and happy anniversary!
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...I still remember our conversation on Edolas where I said to you "fuck it man...I'm going to put in a Gimp suit instead", and you were all over that idea :)
Haha, as bad as my memory is, I still recall that night. I even remember where on Edolas I was at the time :) (You're completely right about the server reset, I did stop going there afterwards).

As a continuation to that conversation and feature, we also got this awesome thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2045

I was going to do one final release of my Jolicraft pack for the final BTW release, maybe I should do one for the anniversary. Hmm...
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

I'm a little late, but hey, its BTW week!

I still remember first stumbling across the mod on the MCF, at the time my minecraft was filled to the brim with various forge mods, but it still felt like a husk of a game, so upon spotting BTW, reading through the OP, and seeing how different it was from other mods, I had to try it, and I was hooked. For a while I lurked in the MCF thread, then moved on to here and continued lurking, eventually making an account, but still rarely emerging from my lurker-hole. Even watching from the sidelines its been a wonderful ride the past ~1 year I've been with the mod, and I'm sure the future will be even better!

Happy anniversary BTW!
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

Kinda late but sincere non-the-less; happy BTW week to FC, to all the forum members, lurkers, and all the players, and happy BTW day especially to all the haters.
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Post by matty79321 »

Damn. Two years... and it seems like yesterday that FC was planning the 1-year-anniversary update.

Its been an awesome ride so far and I hope that the future will be amazing... while we harvest the excrement of man's best friend for use in our mechanical monstrosities. :)
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
Lars

Post by Lars »

Congratulations to all and especially FC!
If I could've blown out the candles on Caboose's cake, I would've wished for a more technically attuned brain so I could figure out complex automation and redstone mechanisms. (read: simple stuff to most of you guys, but mind boggling to me =( ) I would be able to enjoy the mod even more then! Although I suspect not having done even close to half what I could do with BTW keeps the mystery in the game.
Thanks FC, for making Minecraft interesting again and again!
Mud

Post by Mud »

Gilberreke wrote: I was going to do one final release of my Jolicraft pack for the final BTW release, maybe I should do one for the anniversary. Hmm...
Oh man, this would be all kinds of awesome.

Happy anniversary BTW
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Mud wrote:Oh man, this would be all kinds of awesome.
And then I got sick :). I'll try to start work on it soon.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
romer

Post by romer »

Happy BTW day indeed Congrats to everyone using this great mod!
Forum discussion about the Gimp Suit
FlowerChild wrote:
eternal8phoenix wrote:Also my mum would not be pleased.
Then she's not wearing it right.