Anno 2070

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
kaos78414

Anno 2070

Post by kaos78414 »

I'm about to buy this thing, and I know some of you on these forums were/are big fans of this game. I'm just wondering what DLC/expansions or what have you I should buy as well, in order to get the best experience.

And oh yeah, hi everyone! :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Anno 2070

Post by FlowerChild »

Expansions aren't worth it IMO. I explained why in another thread awhile ago if you dig for it.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Ah thanks, found the thread. Sounds like the base game will be plenty.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kaos78414 wrote:Ah thanks, found the thread. Sounds like the base game will be plenty.
Yeah, it is for sure. I wound up picking up the science faction expansion eventually (Deep Ocean I think it was called), which is definitely the only one that's vaguely worth it, and doing so happened to coincide with me slowly losing interest in the game, so I don't feel it really added enough to be worthwhile.

That's not a statement against the base game mind you. I got an obscene amount of play time out of Anno, and think it's a great game, it's just like with every other game (MC excluded ;) ), losing interest eventually is inevitable, and I didn't find that expansion really did much to prevent that happening (which I think is typically what people would want out of an expansion).