Notch interview and 0x10c update

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
SterlingRed

Notch interview and 0x10c update

Post by SterlingRed »

Polygon, a relatively new gaming review/news site has posted an interview they recently did with notch.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/5/4183864 ... ng-as-seen
Per the interview, it would seem the 0x10c project is on hold due to Notch suffering from a creative block.

It really does feel as if Minecraft and it's success burnt Notch out.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Notch interview and 0x10c update

Post by FlowerChild »

Oi vey. I really can call them. Makes me sad just the same.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FlowerChild wrote:Oi vey. I really can call them. Makes me sad just the same.
Aye. It really is a shame, I have a lot of respect for that guy. He single handedly started a new gaming genre. Not many people can say they've done that at all much less successfully.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Rather telling quote:
Persson no longer has any direct connection with Minecraft's continuing evolution. He handed that game's future off to Jens Bergensten in December, 2011, shortly after the game's final release to PC. But sometimes he swings by to see what they're doing, he said.

"Often it's like this weird stuff I have no idea that they're going to add, like these light sensors or stuff that's pretty cool, but I try not to give my opinions about it," he said.

He doesn't even play the game anymore.
I remember Dinnerbone trying to tell me that Notch was still in on the design process when he popped into the MCF thread awhile back, and I just didn't see how that was possible given the nature of the stuff being added.
warmist

Post by warmist »

He should try some BTW goodness. It inspires me. Or at least the rage-quit does... :D