Installing for 1.4.7

If you're having problems with your installation of Better Than Wolves, or if you've woken up in the future and are beginning to doubt the nature of reality, here's the place to post about it.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Installing for 1.4.7

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

I've just been forced to wipe my laptop in an attempt to fix it (my umming and ahhing over the wipe is why I haven't been on any servers lately!) I'm trying to install MC with BTW, but am having trouble finding the correct versions for the various bits and pieces. I can live without HD textures, so was going to leave out MCPatcher. I know that someone posted a link recently to previous jar versions, so I'm not worried about that either.

The bit that IS bothering me is ModLoader. I can't seem to find ML for 1.4.7 anywhere, and I'm not sure if that's because I'm being silly or because it was replaced by 1.5/1.51 without a link being put up to the old version elsewhere.

Any advice? :)

P.S. I have looked on Google, but I'm hesitant to click on any old link as I realise MC-related keywords are targeted by distributors of malware

P.P.S. Aha! Found an older version of ModLoader in my Dropbox account! Yus! It might be useful to leave this open for a bit in case anyone knows how to deal with that issue, before the thread is locked. See you online soon! ;D
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
Feliponius

Re: Installing for 1.4.7

Post by Feliponius »

Mentioned the answer in another one of your threads: You can use the current iteration of Modloader. You don't need to find a 1.4.7.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Feliponius wrote:Mentioned the answer in another one of your threads: You can use the current iteration of Modloader. You don't need to find a 1.4.7.
Are you sure about that?
I just took a look at 1.5.1 Modloader and my current 1.4.7 version, the base classes are completely different, so it's highly unlikely one of them would work in the others MC version.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

No, the above is grossly incorrect. You need to corresponding version of ML for it to run.

I'm just trying to figure out if he's intentionally trolling by giving out that kind of misinformation.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7096

I updated my thread with the info.
Gilberreke wrote:Risu keeps all of them on his DropBox. Change the url below for other versions:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20629262/1.4.6/Modloader.zip

1.4.7 requires the 1.4.6 version
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Thanks Gilberreke! That should be useful for other people too ^_^
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.