If I die first...you can eat me (cannabilism stories)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

If I die first...you can eat me (cannabilism stories)

Post by FlowerChild »

So, just out of curiosity, given it's been a few days since the last release, I wanted to ask:

Has anyone wound up eating another player in SMP yet due to desperation? :)

I must admit that I was chuckling all the while, while implementing that feature given the "Alive" like circumstances it would potentially generate in game, and I'd love to hear any related stories you may have ;)
JakeZKAM

Re: If I die first...you can eat me

Post by JakeZKAM »

So that's another source of mystery meat then? Mhm I must start playing multiplayer again then.....

Edit: spelling because tablets are dumb.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

JakeZKAM wrote:So that's another source of mystery meat then? Mhm I must start playing multiplayer again then.....
Hehe...indeed. Originally I was just going for "Villager Flesh" but then I realized the comic (...and tragic...and violent...and pet defiling) potential of making it a player drop as well, and "Mystery Meat" was born ;)
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

Well i have ended up eating myself on a bad hardcore spawn so... I think thats a yes?
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

obl1terat1ion wrote:Well i have ended up eating myself on a bad hardcore spawn so... I think thats a yes?
Yes, and hence the potential exploit there I'll be soon correcting :)

Not really the kind of stories I was hoping to hear though, as perverse as they may be ;)
JakeZKAM

Re: If I die first...you can eat me (cannabilism stories)

Post by JakeZKAM »

XD I feel as though I'm going to end up spending all my time on servers hunting players now....
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

JakeZKAM wrote:XD I feel as though I'm going to end up spending all my time on servers hunting players now....
Bands of cannibals forming on anarchy servers was certainly a potential outcome I had in mind...yes ;)

I also saw a lot of potential for circumstances forming where players hole up together for the night or whatever and wind up eying each other nervously while more and more closely resembling giant pork chops to the mind's eye :)
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

FlowerChild wrote:
obl1terat1ion wrote:Well i have ended up eating myself on a bad hardcore spawn so... I think thats a yes?
Yes, and hence the potential exploit there I'll be soon correcting :)
Not really the kind of stories I was hoping to hear though, as perverse as they may be ;)
Awe.... its not cannibalism if you consent right :)
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
JakeZKAM

Post by JakeZKAM »

FlowerChild wrote:
JakeZKAM wrote:XD I feel as though I'm going to end up spending all my time on servers hunting players now....
Bands of cannibals forming on anarchy servers was certainly a potential outcome I had in mind...yes ;)

I also saw a lot of potential for circumstances forming where players hole up together for the night or whatever and wind up eying each other nervously while more and more closely resembling giant pork chops to the mind's eye :)
That's it, I'm making a BTW PvP map based around this concept once I get home lol. Reminds me of an easter island documentary I watched yesterday about dwindling resources and cannibalism... Also makes me think of team based "tribal" servers xD.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wait a second...while pondering this topic, the following song came to mind:
Spoiler
Show
Which made me think of my role as a "plump bastard" on the official SMP server...

Then it made me think of the psychological effect of a plump bastard wandering amongst the starving and how he'd begin to look particularly tasty...

Then it made me think that perhaps I should tie the amount of meat dropped to the fat meter of the player dropping it...

Then it made me think of the potential "if I wait for him to starve to death, I'll get one meat...but if I kill him myself now...I might get two..." thought process in the "Pork Chop" scenario I described above, effectively adding a ticking clock pressuring players to do the deed themselves...

Then I added it to my todo list :)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

If you can see the fat level of others displayed graphically you'll also probably notice who is carelessly wasting your precious stocks of food...

EDIT: If you're playing cooperatively I mean.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:If you can see the fat level of others displayed graphically you'll also probably notice who is carelessly wasting your precious stocks of food...

EDIT: If you're playing cooperatively I mean.
Indeed, yes, if pig riding hadn't convinced me, I think this idea just totally sold me on having the graphical display of a player's fat level through their character model :)

"My my Steve...you're looking particularly tasty today".
Sir C

Post by Sir C »

Are player heads edible by chance? I don't play SMP, but the thought of having someone's name tied to a specific delicacy make the dish sound all the more sweeter xD

My first village after starting a new world had no crops but thanks to the latest changes I didn't go hungry, almost as good as potatoes.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sir C wrote:Are player heads edible by chance? I don't play SMP, but the thought of having someone's name tied to a specific delicacy make the dish sound all the more sweeter xD
I don't want to assign properties like that to heads (or any gameplay use for that matter), but yes, I did consider (and am still considering) adding the player name to Mystery Meat to give it a bit more of a personal touch.

Only problem is it wouldn't stack with other varieties in that case. It also kinda removes the "mystery" from it ;)
Shiverwarp

Post by Shiverwarp »

I guess having meat dropped tied to fat would solve the infinite meat from death issue as well, because you wouldn't be dropping meat since you just spawned with no fat, and you need to eat to get fat!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Shiverwarp wrote:I guess having meat dropped tied to fat would solve the infinite meat from death issue as well, because you wouldn't be dropping meat since you just spawned with no fat, and you need to eat to get fat!
No, that doesn't work, and this probably isn't the thread to be discussing it in as it's off-topic.

My apologies, as it was my own fault for making an off-topic interjection into a thread, which inevitably leads to people getting carried away.
jakerman999

Post by jakerman999 »

JakeZKAM wrote:So that's another source of mystery meat then?.
Another? There's more than just that one?

Edit: Wow, really late with this post, opened a bunch of tabs and posted before refreshing to see new posts in the thread. Don't I feel stupid now.
Last edited by jakerman999 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mud

Post by Mud »

jakerman999 wrote:
JakeZKAM wrote:So that's another source of mystery meat then?.
Another? There's more than just that one?
Villagers

It's a shame this was introduced AFTER the new breeding mechanics. A villager grinder could be so much more with the simple addition of meat...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

...and of course, even when I clearly label my own behavior as off topic, there will be those that just don't "get it"...
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

I've found it to be a very interesting mechanic, to be walking around and just "finding" mystery meat left on the ground, where a player has been brutally murdered, either by their own stomach or by wandering monsters. It has a faintly morbid feeling... I like it :)
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Jakusio

Post by Jakusio »

I was actually watching a vanilla Minecraft Skyblock series and just happened to take a glance at the hunger bar of the person who's POV I was viewing, discovering it was low (at least, low enough for OCD to kick in). Him and his comrade had not yet set up a farm with the materials provided.
Then I realized that they were the only two living entities on their island.
Then I remembered this thread, which I had read a few hours previously.
And I thought to myself the sort of situation one would be in on such an isolated place...
...with no food...
...and no means of obtaining it any time soon...
...other than your delicious looking fellow survivor.
I think that this sort of situation would provide much less options for the survivors at stake, as a place such as an island would have virtually no other way to obtain food without resources already on hand, in contrast to on the mainland where nomadic players in search of food could just happen to stumble upon a herd of animals or a village just as they begin to contemplate their buddy as a good-sounding meal.
Sorry if this is off topic. I wish I had my own story to share, but this popped into my head and I thought of no better place to share it then here (haven't really browsed the forums too much).
finite8

Post by finite8 »

SMP Server: Remove all Villagers, remove all farms, remove all tall grass and normal grass...

With the occasional drop of a carrot or potato from zombies that would ruin the whole idea, it could be an interesting premise of a "Wasteland" style world where your only option to survive is to basically hunt other players.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

finite8 wrote:With the occasional drop of a carrot or potato from zombies that would ruin the whole idea
FC fixed that a couple versions back.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

I watched someone die by wolf on my anarchy server, only to see the mystery meat be munched up by the wolf :(

I was pretty hungry at the time, but it did make me laugh!