Don't Let The B*@!? Grind You Down: Hardcore Excitement

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Eriottosan

Don't Let The B*@!? Grind You Down: Hardcore Excitement

Post by Eriottosan »

The topic here is something I've been thinking for a while, though in light of recent events, I feel it needs to be said.

I've been without a proper computer as of late, and cannot play MC as a result. This means (naturally) that I have not played BTW lately, though I have been frequently present on this forum.

Due to my technological issues, I never got to experiment properly with HC Beacons, and Hardcore Movement and Hunger are foreign to me. But I could not be more excited. I've also not yet had a chance to admire the snow accumulation beauty firsthand.

Particularly HCM and HCH have got me longing for the day when I can play BTW again. Everything I've heard - from the changelogs to discussions on the forum - has left me excited. I cannot wait to play again.

vMC no longer feels like a game. It's a building ground with the occasional distraction. From what I've read about HCM and HCH, the two - particularly in combination - turn the combat element into an actual element of the play!

So thank you, FC. I know a lot of these changes have been met by hostility by some, but I'm excited for them, and I've not even had a chance to use them yet!
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Don't Let The B*@!? Grind You Down: Hardcore Excitement

Post by FlowerChild »

Nah man, seriously it's cool. I very much appreciate the kind words, but really, the reaction to my most recent work is some of the most positive I've experienced in a very long time.

I'm definitely not being brought down in the least. On the contrary, I feel so motivated and driven at present that I'm just not taking any guff, I think mainly because I don't want to be distracted or lose focus.

It's great to know that there are many others out there that appreciate this kind of gameplay as much as I do. As long as that's the case, I'm as happy as a pig in shit. All a handful of strongly negative reactions tell me is that I must be doing something right, as I don't think you can really do anything really interesting without someone hating it.

Anyways, I think this is also serving to motivate me a great deal towards RTH. In the past, I think a lot of my reasons for moving on were based on avoiding the negatives of the current situation, but with this, I'm really seeing what is to be gained as well.

If you guys like what I'm doing here, then I think you're going to absolutely love what I have planned for that game ;)
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

I know that generally the reaction has been positive, it's just that the negative reactions are what gave me reason to post my thanks. But yes, if you can get me this excited about the time I can once again play MC and BTW, I cannot wait to see what level of excitement you can provoke with RTH.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Dude I'm excited for you to play again. I've always enjoyed your posts and the vids you did. The game, and btw is exactly that, is amazing now and the last few hc features fundamentally change gameplay. When you come back, it will be a totally new experience.
heypaint

Post by heypaint »

Just want to chime in with the others not to let the griping get you down. I've been playing your mod and lurking on these boards for quite a while. I can't believe how many people offer suggestions on a forum that has made it absolutely clear not to make suggestions (btw I see griping as just a negative way of making a suggestion).

If I've learned anything from watching you develop this mod, it is that it's okay to simply watch someone be creative without throwing my two cents in and just enjoying the product as it is. That's something I hope to employ in other avenues of my life.

So wield that ban-hammer liberally, and I will continue to enjoy the ride.

Thanks,