Silverfish questions (spoilers)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
IowaGuy

Silverfish questions (spoilers)

Post by IowaGuy »

Anyone know what the basic rules are to silverfish spawning? Have tamed The End and want to farm me some fishies.
Zerg Rusher

Re: Silverfish questions (spoilers)

Post by Zerg Rusher »

silverfish spawn only from monster eggs and obviously spawners that can be found in strongholds
they can only spawn in light level 11 or lower except on top of stone blocks they can spawn at any light level on them. They also cannot spawn within a 5 block distance of any player if being spawned from a spawner block meaning that they are very hard to farm
Note: I am still figuring out some of the more detailed aspects of btw so there may be some way of doing that that i haven't discovered yet but i am almost defiantly sure that those are the only ways
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

I think he meant in regards to obsidian beacons in the end, they will randoml infest some stone.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
xou816

Post by xou816 »

I have not got to the end yet, but I *think* they do spawn in it.
Also, they spawn in Extreme Hills biomes (in such biomes, caves may have "monster egg block", something like that. Stone that yields a silverfish upon breaking)
Zerg Rusher

Post by Zerg Rusher »

I haven't really done a lot in regards to the end so this whole obsidian beacones spawning them is new to me O.o
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

The next update to go to breaks my overworld spawner trap so I am trying to figure out the basic mechanics first. The main problem I seem to have is the amount of time required, combined with no afking from hunger that I think is in that version...it seems to be a conundrum. The overworld spawner pops a scroll every hour or so as it is, so thats a lot of dead silverfish needed.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

IowaGuy wrote:The next update to go to breaks my overworld spawner trap so I am trying to figure out the basic mechanics first. The main problem I seem to have is the amount of time required, combined with no afking from hunger that I think is in that version...it seems to be a conundrum. The overworld spawner pops a scroll every hour or so as it is, so thats a lot of dead silverfish needed.
Silverfish really aren't designed to be farmed in the overworld, only in the end. That sole spawner in each stronghold is actually a real pain in the ass design wise, and was why I removed the overworld clay drop from silverfish. Perhaps I should nuke the scroll drop too, as yeah, I really don't want to be encouraging spawner traps.
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

FlowerChild wrote:Silverfish really aren't designed to be farmed in the overworld, only in the end. That sole spawner in each stronghold is actually a real pain in the ass design wise, and was why I removed the overworld clay drop from silverfish. Perhaps I should nuke the scroll drop too, as yeah, I really don't want to be encouraging spawner traps.

+1 for removing the scroll drop from the overworld.
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

XantyZon wrote: +1 for removing the scroll drop from the overworld.
Actually, on further consideration, it actually make some sense as well, since silverfish do not actually possess the ability to break blocks in the overworld, thus you can't "study" the associated enchant.
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

I assumed it already was, hehe. When I saw clay being removed I understood the intent. Thats why Im working out how to do it in The End. One more thing to do there while getting xp from my enderman trap and brimstone.

I always seem to find a way to play unintended. Not bad for a non power gamer I guess.

I posted about how I made my village from cured zombies (was lucky enough to find gunpowder for potion) - Removed a week latter.

I posted about silverfish spawner - removed clay a week latter

and now the scrolls....

Mostly coincidence but still funny :)