Platforms destroy *very* quickly

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Platforms destroy *very* quickly

Post by FlowerChild »

The problem being that you're likely to often be standing on one of those blocks :)

I think removal of the vertical column going upwards from the block clicked is entirely sufficient. Right clicking on individual blocks in a horizontal extension is not excessive burden on the player IMO, and I think is less likely to result in unintended side effects (like plummeting into lava to your death).
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Just wanted to voice my support for this in any form: suggestion/addon/independent mod. I like dirt as much as the next guy, but I can always tell when certain behaviors feel weird or exploity. I get a guilty feeling about it. That's how I feel about pillaring and building dirt scaffolding around my larger structures. It just feels wrong, yet it really is quite necessary for effective building, I think. Other options like ladders and stairs just aren't efficient (not in terms of resources but rather in terms of time).
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Oh, right click to remove scaffold functionality... Yeah, that would be a hell of a lot easier.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm in the mood to work on something like this at the moment, so I'll do a few tests with it to see how it plays.

Shouldn't take me very long at all to get something useable in game.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:I'm in the mood to work on something like this at the moment, so I'll do a few tests with it to see how it plays.

Shouldn't take me very long at all to get something useable in game.
Sounds good :D more features for the release at the end of the week :)
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Detritus wrote: Sounds good :D more features for the release at the end of the week :)
Do I *tend* to put out a release at the end of the week? Sure.

Do I feel comfortable with that turning into an expectation? Definitely not.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:
Detritus wrote: Sounds good :D more features for the release at the end of the week :)
Do I *tend* to put out a release at the end of the week? Sure.

Do I feel comfortable with that turning into an expectation? Definitely not.
Sorry, I meant to say the next release. I was assuming there would be one at the end of the week give the trend, but I understand that it's not reasonable to expect that consistently. Sorry again :/
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Je suis exite...
Lars

Post by Lars »

I also want to voice my support here. A lot of suggestions here made sense. I agree that using dirt feels a bit... dirty? If a functionality like right click to disassemble, or a larger pickup rate would be added to it, I wouldn't care at all if the recipe to make them would be expensive; although that would still force you to use dirt in the early game. However, with HCH you probably won't be building anything very large at the start anyway.