BTW Let's Play

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves

What world would you like me to play in?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:12 am

Swamp
22%
Hunter's Lodge
44%
Survival Island
33%

Total votes: 9
pfc calico

BTW Let's Play

Post by pfc calico »

Hello all, just posting here to let you know I intend to do a Minecraft let's play using better than wolves and nothing else.

I was in the process of producing the first episode and thought that really it would be best to get advice from the experienced players. Before I produce each episode I will confer with this forum to make sure what I am about to say is correct because I plan to make it part tutorial for the features of BTW as well.

I already have an episode 0 where i found 3 viable worlds on which to play with so this post will be a vote as well. the options are a "survival island" style world, a swamp world and a world i labelled hunter's lodge as when i spawned a lodge was spawned not too far from me.

There will be a video regarding this anyway along with a vote link thingy on my channel (once i render it).

If Battosay52 and morvelaira could PM some advice regarding how they made their tutorials and let's play that would be fantastic. also if anyone could show me the "party line" for the purpose of the mod then i can quote that in the first episode purely because i have an interpretation that could be completely different to the intended interpretation.
TheGatesofLogic

Re: BTW Let's Play

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Hunting lodge spawned near you? What is a lodge?
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

basically its a small one roomed hut on legs, however this poll and thread can now be deleted as i need to wait for BTW to become 1.5 compatible and minecraft has deleted my saves so i will search for more worlds to do it on. i will see if i can include a screenshot from the episode i recorded regarding this vote. but the intentions of doing a lets play are still valid. i am currently trying to create sumerfields-esk textures for the mod and hopefully submit them to Lithiumsound to help him maintain mod support as he did for a little bit back when MC was around 1.3 but he/she has not updated either pack for a while. I apologise for this waste of a thread but will keep you posted.
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

just looked them up on the minecraft wiki, they are called witches huts.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Gener ... Witch_Huts
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

You do realize that those spawn a Witches right? Witches+hardcore hunger=PAIN
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

Err, I advise you to look around the forum a bit too. We have a forum for add-ons, which has a thread for the Summerfield add-on:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2439
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Solymr

Post by Solymr »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:You do realize that those spawn a Witches right? Witches+hardcore hunger=PAIN
I'd watch it just for the PAIN.
pfc calico

Post by pfc calico »

lol well i would happily subject myself to said pain if that is what the viewers wanted =P also the summerfields btw support is still incomplete as cuddlewoozle doesnt use the mod themselves has trouble associating textures to block sides. so i am in the process of talking with them to see if he is happy me doing or if they would prefer me to do it or if i just gave them the texture guide.

also as for the current support the spoiler images do not correspond with the pack textures as the pack still uses the original vanilla textures for the gimp suit and stuff so i will see what can be done. next time i post hopefully i will have some sample textures to show ;)