Breeding Villagers with Diamonds instead of Emeralds

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
ScubaPlays

Breeding Villagers with Diamonds instead of Emeralds

Post by ScubaPlays »

I was wondering about your decision to use diamonds to breed villagers. Basically I was wondering why diamonds instead of emeralds.

While you can mine for emeralds, my favorite way to gain them is through trading. In the real world, trading with a village would create a stronger economy, and a stronger economy leads to a larger village and more villagers. I would just like some effect of me interacting with the villagers to lead to village growth.

So I was curious if there was a flaw you discovered with emeralds that lead to the use of diamonds.
Locke

Re: Breeding Villagers with Diamonds instead of Emeralds

Post by Locke »

... Read the patch notes again...
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show
ScubaPlays

Post by ScubaPlays »

Yeah, I read the notes. I must be missing something because I don't see where my question is answered. I agree with the change in the sense that leaving them with a bunch of wooden doors is boring, but I don't see any specific reason to use diamonds over emeralds which was my question.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Because emeralds are stupid easy to trade for and thus negate the entire point of giving value to individual villagers, and would also tie the breeding of villagers to the same system that you're trying to work towards by building up a villager base to begin with?

Welcome to rule #1 territory.