Scroll collection!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
The great randomo

Scroll collection!

Post by The great randomo »

Which of the 21 obtainable scrolls have you collected so far?
I have 14: silk touch, fire protection, fire aspect, protection, sharpness, power, unbreaking, smite, bane of arthropods, projectile protection, blast protection, feather falling, looting and knockback.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
ion

Re: Scroll collection!

Post by ion »

all minus the waterbreathing things from squids
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

The great randomo wrote:Which of the 21 obtainable scrolls have you collected so far?
Let me count..erm.. none. Sorry let me check and recount.. erm.. *time passes*.. none XD

I don't go into the whole spawn tower thing and prefer to play in a more "RP" style. if by some chance a scroll appears in my inventory from normal mob slaying then all well and good but I don't go out of my way to encourage them into my home XD

I know, a lot of people probably are shaking their heads right now.. and Flowerchild is probably polishing up his ban-hammer for me having the affront not to play with ALL the cool features he implemented ;) But I like to build little towns and villages, replete with water powered mine shaft elevators, and wind powered mills. Little Blacksmiths with anvils, crucibles etc and little potters sheds with my kilns.

I "understand" the real power of BTW comes from the automation aspect, of having huge spawn towers feeding into a drop sorting and processing system.. but I like my more sedentary existence. If that means I never get an enchanted item? Oh well.. They're supposed to be rare after all XD
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm entirely cool with that sentiment man. It's actually a concept that I wish Mojang, and many vanilla players understood.

Just because something is in the game, doesn't mean that you somehow *have* to have access to it. I've seen Mojang many times say things like "we don't want to *force* people to build mob traps", when I have no idea what the fuck that usage of "force" means to begin with. I think that rather silly concept is at the root of this whole "homogenous gruel" design trend I often go on about, and leads to the idea that all things should come from all activities so as not to "force" anyone to do anything...at all.

So more power to you for setting your own goals and being perfectly cool with not having access to certain rewards as a result. That idea is definitely not even vaguely banhammer worthy :)