Show us your builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Chomamonka

Re: Show us your builds!

Post by Chomamonka »

Not a build per-say, just something I am trying out in my new world. Instead of bilding walls around my path, or flatening everything and spamming torches, I am trying to use trees to keep mobs off my paths and building and it looks fantastic if I do say so myself!
Spoiler
Show
Edit: experiment faild. Turns out mobs can spawn on leaf blocks... so it tends to just rain mobs down onto your head. I have a lot of trees to clear out now *sigh*
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Chomamonka wrote:-snip-
Edit: experiment faild. Turns out mobs can spawn on leaf blocks... so it tends to just rain mobs down onto your head. I have a lot of trees to clear out now *sigh*
Lot's of wood for you!

But hey, was a good idea nonetheless ;-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Chomamonka wrote:Edit: experiment faild. Turns out mobs can spawn on leaf blocks... so it tends to just rain mobs down onto your head. I have a lot of trees to clear out now *sigh*
Hmm, thought they only could do that if your graphics were on fast. Not sure how that works in a server-environment though.
Six

Post by Six »

Someone mentioned XP storage in IRC and I realized I hadn't really played around with designs for them since HC buckets came into default. So I decided to see how mechanically powering a spiral of hoppers would work out, and I have the symmetry of it all ended up looking rather beautiful:
Spoiler
Show

That's just two loops, and you can keep it going for as many as you can fit. The cost works out to 1 gearbox per hopper, plus a few more for the connection at the top (which you could do from the bottom instead if you prefer).
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

What exactly, does that do though Six?

/edit
I get it. It stores the exp per hopper (unpowered) with water going over it to go to additional hoppers if full. When turned on, it would drop everything :D
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

This is the exact same design Battosay uses in his monstrous mob trap.

Check his channel for a video showcasing it ;-)
=> https://www.youtube.com/user/Battosay52
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Six

Post by Six »

Gormador wrote:This is the exact same design Battosay uses in his monstrous mob trap.

Check his channel for a video showcasing it ;-)
=> https://www.youtube.com/user/Battosay52
Yeah, it really is just the logical way one comes out when you build a spiral.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

oh yes absolutely. I was only giving people a place to find that design recorded ;-)
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

And the nice thing is you can have an aesthetically similar, if not identical, spiral next to it for screw pumps. Sorta twin towers thing.
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Here rests our dearly departed.
Spoiler
Show
Deeper within in the crypt lies the long since dead.
Spoiler
Show
Deeper still and things start to feel wrong...
Spoiler
Show
No! This isn't right! This shouldn't be happening!
Spoiler
Show
Please! I'm sorry! I won't tell anyone what I saw! Arrrhhggggg--*
Spoiler
Show
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

andreinawolf wrote:Here rests our dearly departed.
-snip-
:D Excellent story! We have one of those on our server... lil less terrifying though xD
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
greezoo117

Post by greezoo117 »

Hello! This is my mobtrap :D

Before:
Spoiler
Show
Meanwhile:
Spoiler
Show
After:
Spoiler
Show
"Minecraft, where the only limit is your imagination". Well, f**k you Time !
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

I'm not sure I understand what happened. Is the mob trap underground and you just covered it up? If so do you plan on building your base on top of it to maximize the amount of time it's actually producing? Anyway, I'm impressed nonetheless. Nice post.
greezoo117

Post by greezoo117 »

MrPlatypus wrote:I'm not sure I understand what happened. Is the mob trap underground and you just covered it up? If so do you plan on building your base on top of it to maximize the amount of time it's actually producing? Anyway, I'm impressed nonetheless. Nice post.
Yea I dug 23x23 and 21 deep to build my mobtrap. Then I put dirt over it. I'm going to build my automatic farms there, in a "skybase" style. My civil base is 50 meters further but mobs spawn up to 128 meters from the player so I'm okay. Thank you for your comments. It was time-consuming but it's worth it: a huge mobtrap in the air is ugly.
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

I definitely agree. I really like the idea of putting it underground. Great design.
TheGatesofLogic

Post by TheGatesofLogic »

Actually I hate building underground in general, I find that building massive above ground traps are much more satisfying and can actually look pretty good if you put enough time into it.
Two feet standing on a principle
Two hands longing for each others warmth
Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats
Darkness falling, leaves nowhere to go
greezoo117

Post by greezoo117 »

TheGatesofLogic wrote:Actually I hate building underground in general, I find that building massive above ground traps are much more satisfying and can actually look pretty good if you put enough time into it.
:P Proof please?
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

I can't remember who, but eritosan or graphit or whoever is skilled with japanese architecture made his mobtrap look like an epic shogun castle.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Guess that's my cue to step in. I was the one with the castle-like mobtrap (it's the big floating building that I never got around to "connecting" to the ground to the left >.>)
Spoiler
Show

That same world did have a design that was going to be partly buried as well. The idea I had was to build this giant ziggurat with an altar at the top and an elevator down to the collection area, with waterflows coming out of the walls off the hole carrying the items from the trap around it. I was considering rebuilding that design near my swampbase in my current world, but unfortunately the elevator tends to be a bit of a deathtrap at the moment :P
Spoiler
Show
Pity that that was my singleplayer world and I've since moved to a personal server setup with a new map. I really should rebuild some of that stuff somewhere sometime. Anyhow, the new map has a somewhat more boring design. I've been looking into redesigning the outside walls so they fit better with the rest of the base.
Spoiler
Show
Wafflewaffle

Post by Wafflewaffle »

You sir are an artist.
Oh great, now nothing can stop the inbred train

Paradox Interactive:
CHOO CHOO!
TheGatesofLogic

greezoo117 wrote:
TheGatesofLogic wrote:Actually I hate building underground in general, I find that building massive above ground traps are much more satisfying and can actually look pretty good if you put enough time into it.
:P Proof please?
Okay, my mob trap:
Spoiler
Show
And my pride and joy, my fully automated SFS factory (the mountain you see there? Wasn't there before I built the factory.):
Spoiler
Show
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

TheGatesofLogic wrote: Okay, my mob trap:
Spoiler
Show
And my pride and joy, my fully automated SFS factory (the mountain you see there? Wasn't there before I built the factory.):
Spoiler
Show
I would love to see the inside of both of these builds. Please post more images if you can.
TheGatesofLogic

Spoiler
Show
as you can see minecraft decided to wreak havoc on my world recently and reset a couple chunks so I have a nice inside view of my mobtrap for you ;)

As per the SFS factory I don't actually have any pics of the inside with me, and my computer is being fixed so I'll get those later :P
MrPlatypus

Post by MrPlatypus »

Sorry about your world and/or computer. On the other hand, the design looks relatively simple and is not too bad on the eye either. If I ever get around to lighting up my world with torches, I may just have to use some ideas from this. Thanks for the post.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Damn, Graphite! Those buildings are amazing! I might have to steal stuff from that, I really love that style.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!