Ores within fortune beacon range

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
The great randomo

Ores within fortune beacon range

Post by The great randomo »

To fit with the recent change of looting beacons applying to all deaths, player caused or not, ores within the range of a fortune beacon should have the fortune effect applied to them, whether or not the player breaks them.
Currently, the effect discourage mining with mining charges, as they significantly reduce ore output when compared with fortune: the player mining manually will yield much more.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Ores within fortune beacon range

Post by FlowerChild »

Hmmmm...that's a fair point and one I hadn't considered. Let me mull it over.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Oh good. I support this. I had been considering making this very suggestion. Just wasn't sure if it was worth your time since you're wrapping up btw. :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Oh good. I support this. I had been considering making this very suggestion. Just wasn't sure if it was worth your time since you're wrapping up btw. :)
Yeah, I think it's worth it for consistency, and honestly won't be that much work given the framework I already have in place for keeping track of global beacon states.

I'm kinda getting a chuckle out of how this aspect evolved as I think part of the reason why Mojang included the looting enchant in particular was to favor manually hunting mobs over mob traps. I hadn't really planned it as such initially, but my changes to beacons have I think put an end to the last of such aspects in the mod ;)
RedSpice

Post by RedSpice »

I remember Jeb discouraging "automation" but, aparently "automation" includes mining nine blocks at a time with an explosive.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

RedSpice wrote:I remember Jeb discouraging "automation" but, aparently "automation" includes mining nine blocks at a time with an explosive.
Dude...severely off-topic. Don't do that.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh, and necro too. Thought this was another thread. Yeah...bye bye.