help please can't find a wolf

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
the hunter

help please can't find a wolf

Post by the hunter »

I can't find a single wolf not in forest not in taiga biome (btw 4-57 version) thanks
Last edited by the hunter on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: help please

Post by FlowerChild »

Meaningful thread titles please.
Grass_Block

Re: help please

Post by Grass_Block »

Keep looking , I tend to find them in forests. Don't hurry in getting technology , it will only spoil your fun.

And i think there was a bug that made wolves spawn in huge groups , so when you find a correct place you will instantly know it.
DaveYanakov

Re: help please can't find a wolf

Post by DaveYanakov »

This issue is one of the reasons I like to start a new map with a massive logging effort. Set up a base camp, start clearcutting as you explore and begin your mining and nether exploration. By the time you find wolves you will have a windmill or two, plenty of livestock, all the materials you need and hopefully a few blaze rods.

Wolves are not the start of the BTW tech tree. Dung is what allows you to jump from basic mechanical building blocks to full automation.
Better is the enemy of Good
the hunter

Post by the hunter »

thank you I found a lot of them :D i needed a dong for the saw
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

the hunter wrote:thank you I found a lot of them :D i needed a dong for the saw
If I had room, I would sig this.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

the hunter wrote:thank you I found a lot of them :D i needed a dong for the saw
Grats! Good to see that you can now move onto the automated part of this awesome mod! also sig'd! ^_^/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
wizardglick

Post by wizardglick »

DaveYanakov wrote:This issue is one of the reasons I like to start a new map with a massive logging effort. Set up a base camp, start clearcutting as you explore and begin your mining and nether exploration. By the time you find wolves you will have a windmill or two, plenty of livestock, all the materials you need and hopefully a few blaze rods.

Wolves are not the start of the BTW tech tree. Dung is what allows you to jump from basic mechanical building blocks to full automation.
Clearcutting and landscaping around my base is something that I was thinking about doing. Get a good wood supply going early, while watching the crops grow. Build some structures better looking than big piles of stones.

Last time I searched, I had to search 3 different Tiaga biomes. In my last two worlds I only _saw_ one cat. They are rare, so you you may need to mount a major expedition to get them. Of course, that's actually a fun part of the game, and the side benefit is when HardCore Respawn, you have a better chance of knowing where you are.

You other option is to keep generating worlds until you spawn in one next to some wolves. Go out at dawn and try to collect some bones and grab 'em early.
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

On my world it was cows. Had to spend a real life night herding 4 back.
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

So much of what they said. I had to travel across the ocean in my latest world to find any wolves. So you're not the only one. We were on a fairly small island compared to what normally happens, and with no Taiga at all. Luckily I went the right way the first time, and about 1800 blocks later on a new island, I found some wolves, as well as a Desert Temple with some goodies.

Rushing in BTW is a sure way to burn yourself out. Instead of focusing so much on the tech tree, keep in mind what you're progressing towards overall, but then take time while you're waiting for stuff (hemp, etc) to focus on the aesthetics of your base. In the end you'll find yourself much more happy with how things are turning out.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

wizardglick wrote:In my last two worlds I only _saw_ one cat. They are rare, so you you may need to mount a major expedition to get them.
Hahaha, that made me lol. I live on a small group of islands in the ocean, several of which consist of a jungle biome. After clearing said island out, I get cats everywhere.
Spoiler
Show
Anywho, wolves may be a pain to find initially, however once you do find them you have the benefit of not having to slowly lead them home like with other animals. The one and only time wolf teleportation comes in handy imo.