Rendering bone meal into glue

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Ambrason

Rendering bone meal into glue

Post by Ambrason »

As the subject says, I'd like to see bone meal being able to be rendered into glue the same way as unmealified bones. I see no reason why this shouldn't be possible and I imagine it'd be fairly easy to implement.

Why would it be useful though? Currently leather, bones and arrows are mob-drops that share the same hopper-filters, which is mildly bothersome when you want your leather tanned and your bones rendered into glue. You can get rid of the arrows by sending everything into a continuously firing dispenser and have the arrows get stuck to a wall while the bones and leather are sent into a millstone. The bone meal can then be safely filtered away through wicker while your precious leather is sent off into a cauldron filled with poo.

But as of now you'd end up being stuck with a chest full of ungrateful bone meal that refuses to be rendered, eaten, or even be fed to starved wolves.

Oh, and hi.
Tekei

Re: Rendering bone meal into glue

Post by Tekei »

It seems logical, and probably isn't very difficult to implement.However, how come leather and bone end up in the same water stream anyway? Wouldn't they come from different mob traps? (One being passive, one being hostile).
Ambrason

Post by Ambrason »

Personally I have a moat surrounding my base that simply murders and collects from whatever happens to fall into it. Of course, if you have separate farms for passive and hostile mobs you won't have this problem but it'd be a nice feature to have for traps that catch both kinds of mobs.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

That sounds logical . it might even become a required step in its production . To expose the Soft core form the bone to be rendered.