Modder needs food...badly

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Miss_Kat

Re: Modder needs food...badly

Post by Miss_Kat »

Been trying to write something here for hours but either my net was down or the forums were! Anyway, just wanted to say I sent along what I could, and I hope it helps in keeping you doing what you love. :)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Unfortunately I've got no money at the moment, but the situation may be somewhat improved this weekend, so I'll send what I can if it does :)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

I'll find the misc. prepaid debit cards my family never uses and donate it. Hope this helps morale.

Go grab yourself a 6 pack, or whatever it is you adults drink ;)
Gears

Post by Gears »

I'm not a rich man, so I can't donate a lot. However the money is going to a good cause, so I dumped the money I had on my side paypal.

My honest hope is that RTH gets you enough money(donations and/or sales) to buy a 13-foot tall battle mech and walk in beer cooler.
Last edited by Gears on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
logorouge

Post by logorouge »

Since I wasn't able to run Minecraft decently on my pc lately, I just stopped playing the game altogether and kinda forgot to do my usual donations.
However, active player or not, I still enjoy reading the release threads/dev diaries and I still want to show my support to FlowerChild.
So there, transferring my small contribution now and nice title by the way.
Azdoine may have wrote:Well, we are harvesting souls [...] Sure, they get trapped in a piece of metal, but at least they get to see the world.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Gears wrote: a 13-foot tall battle mech and walk in beer cooler.
Holy crap, if that was something buy-able I'd be selling off a kidney :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Gears

Post by Gears »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:
Gears wrote: a 13-foot tall battle mech and walk in beer cooler.
Holy crap, if that was something buy-able I'd be selling off a kidney :P
1.3 million dollars for the mech, 7000 dollars for the beer cooler.

They don't call it "Why I'm broke" for nothing :P
FlowerChild wrote:For example, I'm feeling such a whim right now, and look forward with anticipation to the feeling of satisfaction that shall come from acting upon it.
Former Drill Sergeant and cranky gamer
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

That's a sad situation... mech, beer cooler, but no money for beer to put in it :P
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Invest money on Coffee; the Developers Petrol.

Donation inbound.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Lars

Post by Lars »

I mentioned waiting with donations till I had my bachelor degree and a job, but fuck it! (as I type this I consider not putting those two words together again)

Donation incoming FC. A small one this time, but in the future I'll give more. You've earned that after all. Thanks for all your hard work!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just wanted to mention my thanks again for this guys. It has gone a long way in restoring some peace of mind to my financial situation allowing me to focus more on actual development rather than worrying about the future. It has also helped a great deal in putting this whole BWF thing behind me in reversing some of the damage that was done during that period.

My sincerest gratitude to those that have chosen to donate. It's made a great deal of difference to my overall mental state moving forward to know so many of you have my back and value the work that I do to this extent.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Well you're a source of inspiration to all of us here so it's only fair game :)
CreeperCannibal

Post by CreeperCannibal »

This donation has been overdue for a while. Keep moving forward FC everyone's got your back.
"Kneel says the demon light
With its eye of coal
Sauron knows your license plate
And stares into your soul"
0player

Post by 0player »

Sorry for the dumb question, but I don't need to print donation bill or whatever is it called, do I?
I have no previous experience with PayPal.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

0player wrote:Sorry for the dumb question, but I don't need to print donation bill or whatever is it called, do I?
Well donation is all done online. Clicking through all the confirmation screens will make the donation. Anything you print is typically for your own records if you want a hard copy of the transaction.
0player

Post by 0player »

SterlingRed wrote:
0player wrote:Sorry for the dumb question, but I don't need to print donation bill or whatever is it called, do I?
Well donation is all done online. Clicking through all the confirmation screens will make the donation. Anything you print is typically for your own records if you want a hard copy of the transaction.
Thanks for the clarification! Then, I guess, donation can be considered made.
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

Glad to help. Have a pizza codejokey.
Anyways, still enjoying the hell out of this mod with a few buds.

Edit: I just read about the bwf stuff. yea, fuck them guys.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Picked up a copy of eXistenZ on the way out of town to drive my father home last night and sat down to watch it with a bottle of sixty year old Grand Marnier we found while cleaning out the basement workshop. The film was profoundly disturbing on a few dozen different levels and melted my brain like a popsicle on the sidewalk during the spring thaw.

Posting this as a reminder to myself that I need to scrape together an actual donation when I get home since you won the wager. I would just ship this second bottlepulled from the same uncovered cache but fear the duties on it would break me.
Better is the enemy of Good
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Thank you for the reminder! I need to get around to watching this film.
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DaveYanakov wrote:Picked up a copy of eXistenZ on the way out of town to drive my father home last night and sat down to watch it with a bottle of sixty year old Grand Marnier we found while cleaning out the basement workshop. The film was profoundly disturbing on a few dozen different levels and melted my brain like a popsicle on the sidewalk during the spring thaw.

Posting this as a reminder to myself that I need to scrape together an actual donation when I get home since you won the wager. I would just ship this second bottlepulled from the same uncovered cache but fear the duties on it would break me.

Hehe...awesome man!

For those that weren't there, we were discussing movies in the IRC channel on Friday night. I mentioned that Existenz was my favorite of all time, and bet Dave 5$ that he'd enjoy it if he watched it, when he expressed reservations about it.

Looks like I won :)
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

FlowerChild wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote:Picked up a copy of eXistenZ on the way out of town to drive my father home last night and sat down to watch it with a bottle of sixty year old Grand Marnier we found while cleaning out the basement workshop. The film was profoundly disturbing on a few dozen different levels and melted my brain like a popsicle on the sidewalk during the spring thaw.

Hehe...awesome man!

For those that weren't there, we were discussing movies in the IRC channel on Friday night. I mentioned that Existenz was my favorite of all time, and bet Dave 5$ that he'd enjoy it if he watched it, when he expressed reservations about it.

Looks like I won :)
Looks like we have something in common with films :D

I wish I could participate at IRC if there are such discussion, but I can't get in there, I am not good at computers.

So I don't want to be Off topic but can I ask you i you know more films of these kind ? I love these mindfuck films where you don't know where reality is.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

If you don't want to be off-topic then it seems reasonable to post to the off-topic section rather than just stating that you're being off-topic.
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

Hey FC.. more than happy to chuck a few more bucks in your general direction! Have a drink on me (or better still.. have one out of a glass!)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for that man! Much obliged :)

and here I was thinking that this bout of donations was largely over. Was nice to wake up to this to be sure.
kjbrona

Post by kjbrona »

Donated when you first posted.
Wanted to say Thanks again for all your work and and your great vision!

Also, I got the Gauntlet reference. Love that game. ;)