System Shock 2 on Good Old Games

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
lostone1993

System Shock 2 on Good Old Games

Post by lostone1993 »

I’m sure many of you are aware of the above but what you may not be aware of is that, it was made to work mainly using community tools and patches which went uncredited

If you have or will be enjoying it, I have a simple request is that you say thanks at the following forums
They have been the ones mainly maintaining the game, guides and mods

I am a member of systemshock.org before it was on Good Old Games, hence my knowledge of the above

www.systemshock.org/index.php
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78

I am not saying GOG is bad or wrong (I don’t know the circumstances in this case), i just want to see some of the people who made these tools and patches get thanked
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
Simurgh

Re: System Shock 2 on Good Old Games

Post by Simurgh »

God the memories of that game. Absolutely loved it but it was so scary at the time i never got to finish it, always got too freaked out and had to quit. Looking glass had great games back in the day.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I tried to play SS2 once. I set off an alarm early on and spent the next twenty minutes afraid to come out of the closet I had hidden in, clutching my improvised weapon to my chest like something one would find very dear to them.
Better is the enemy of Good
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

One of my all time favorites. And TC is completely correct about the modders for that game deserving major thanks and recognition. I played SS2 with several such mods (basically, a full graphical overhaul that made it very nice to look at and several gameplay tweaks meant to make the experience better.)

It's the gold standard for its genre, with an excellent story and gameplay that was downright harrowing at times. One thing I remember particularly was that ammo was really scarce, and you really had to debate and plan around that in certain sections.

So very awesome.
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

Bioshock and it's sequels pale in comparison, even if they were apparently spiritual successors.