If HC movement can check, more than one block depth

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
CreeperCommando

If HC movement can check, more than one block depth

Post by CreeperCommando »

If it would be easy for HC movement to check, not only the block the player is standing on, but even the block underneath (and in an easy implementation).
Then the higher tier speed-boost could be applied to roads who hopefully will look better (and bigger) than a simple stone-row.
It could lead to much more interesting projects, where the best roads would be much more bulkier. For example, I'm thinking gravel-bed (for added gravity problem with bridges) layered with stone-materials above would give natural bulkiness and more incentive to building larger highways.
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: If HC movement can check, more than one block depth

Post by FlowerChild »

No, this would read horribly for the player. You'll notice that I intentionally left all "fast" material types as providing exactly the same speed boost for precisely that reason. The code for HC Movement supports different movement speeds for different materials (e.g. stone being faster than gravel), but it would have made the system far less self-evident if I started getting into such details.

Same with this. It would just be confusing.