[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [4.56] BTW Official Anarchy Server [Death and Mayhem]

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, given that people have had a couple of days to voice any objections to the switch, and given none have been expressed, I'm going to go ahead and switch the server to be a co-op one.

I've taken down the server briefly to change a few things and update the rules in the OP, but when it goes back up it will be strictly co-op.

I'll probably set aside a few hours to play tonight if anyone cares to join me. I'll probably be working on a road from my base to the main spawn as the first steps towards civilization ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [4.56] BTW Official Co-Op Server [Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitel

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, the rules have been updated and the server is back online. Please read them over, and feel free to join me online for some hardcore road action :)
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

I wouldn't have said that BTW anarchy was a failure, per se, I think it's just that the pace of progression is much slower, so people have to invest much more time in order to reap the benefits. And the souls of their enemies.
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
primetoxinz

Post by primetoxinz »

i am not the most active on the forum, but i would like to give shot at being whitelisted
ign: PRIMETOXINZ
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Ladies and Gentlemen: It's city building time!
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Is anyone actually playing tonight?
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
finite8

Post by finite8 »

I'll see how i go. May not be able to, pretty flat out with other things.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

This should in no way be looked upon as a failure of gameplay, merely a fact that most of the people interested in a more mature game experience have less free time to devote to it in single blocks of time.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I was playing earlier for a few hours. Got my roadway maybe half way from my base to spawn, so you may encounter it in your travels :)
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:I was playing earlier for a few hours. Got my roadway maybe half way from my base to spawn, so you may encounter it in your travels :)
Haha, that requires me to know where spawn is :) and to stop dying continually.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Sterlingred requesting to join the fuzzy bunny whitelist.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:Sterlingred requesting to join the fuzzy bunny whitelist.
I dunno man. Are you really fuzzy enough to join our hippy commune of peace, love, and reach arounds? :)

EDIT: Added. Keep in mind though that it will be on a probationary basis until we can establish that you are capable of meeting or exceeding our required levels of fuzziness.

Also, I'll be playing for a few hours tonight, starting now, if anyone cares to join me.
RalphKastro

Post by RalphKastro »

I would like to request to be whitelisted

IGN:RalphKastro
Last edited by RalphKastro on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Oh, Flower, I took some of your wheat and sugar canes just to get me started. Of course I replanted the wheat, and only took the tops of the sugar canes. I also used your mill and saw. I left some flour in your furnace as well. Hope you don't mind :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Detritus wrote:Oh, Flower, I took some of your wheat and sugar canes just to get me started. Of course I replanted the wheat, and only took the tops of the sugar canes. I also used your mill and saw. I left some flour in your furnace as well. Hope you don't mind :)
Nah man. Of course I don't mind. I have reformed my ways and I'm now the king of the bunnies :)
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

FlowerChild wrote:
Detritus wrote:Oh, Flower, I took some of your wheat and sugar canes just to get me started. Of course I replanted the wheat, and only took the tops of the sugar canes. I also used your mill and saw. I left some flour in your furnace as well. Hope you don't mind :)
Nah man. Of course I don't mind. I have reformed my ways and I'm now the king of the bunnies :)
Didn't think you would, that's why I did it. I mean, it's a completely renewable resource which I replaced :) Oh, I left a sign too, but it refers to you as "whoever it is that lives here" because I came in from the back and so didn't see the sign :)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Bit of a rough start but I had a good time! I'll just say hard core movement plus sand plus spiders. Spiders have the advantage. Sterlingred 0. Mobs 6. (I think, might have been more). I believe I am on the appropriate fuzzy bunny track. Or at least squishy bunny. :-)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:Bit of a rough start but I had a good time! I'll just say hard core movement plus sand plus spiders. Spiders have the advantage. Sterlingred 0. Mobs 6. (I think, might have been more). I believe I am on the appropriate fuzzy bunny track. Or at least squishy bunny. :-)
I think it's referred to as "road kill" :)
Tsugumi Henduluin

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

Heya,

I have been meaning to get back into BTW for a while now and joining a server seems to be a pretty good way of accomplishing that goal, since I tend to get lazy as hell when there's nobody around to slap me in the face every now and then.

Considering my status as veteran lurker I understand if you're hesitant on letting me in, but there's no harm in asking, right? I'm a good guy though, I swear :p If a tad quiet.

IGN would be Henduluin, if my humble presence is welcome.

Thanks either way~
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I would like to report the creeper for griefing, please. He attacked me and stole my stolen anvil while I was heading back toward spawn.
Better is the enemy of Good
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Considering this is co-op, I can see properly linked portals being important. Does anyone have a pair of portals they are sure are linked right within a few dozen blocks? Having just one that's in the right location would go a long way in helping us get a nether portal network setup to and from bases and spawn area.
I'm willing to get a portal at my base setup right to be used as a baseline but, as FC said, I've been roadkill a fair amount so I'm a bit away from being able to do that.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

My opinion on the anarchy was that I got bored. My base was directly under spawn and I never felt threatened.... Maybe on a smaller map I would of!
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Oh cool, I was considering joining a co-op server to try out the newest features but didn't know which one. I'll hopefully get on at some point tonight :).
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

I'm really glad to see this server switch over - it just didn't have the population to maintain an active anarchy experience. A word of warning - the main nether portal at spawn no longer is reliable. I went into it, and was promptly exploded by a creeper on the nether side. The portal now sends you to a tiny box carved out of netherack, which in turn links to an unlabeled cave with a few lava and water streams flowing into it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Splee999 wrote:I'm really glad to see this server switch over - it just didn't have the population to maintain an active anarchy experience. A word of warning - the main nether portal at spawn no longer is reliable. I went into it, and was promptly exploded by a creeper on the nether side. The portal now sends you to a tiny box carved out of netherack, which in turn links to an unlabeled cave with a few lava and water streams flowing into it.
Ug...that has happened to me before as well. It's a rather nasty side-effect of Mojang allowing overworld entities to travel to other dimensions, and is rather retarded as it gives you zero chance of avoiding it.