Ivalice (Original Server) Better Than Solo [BTW 4.8912]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
ehsanmp

Re: Better Than Solo - Friendly - Whitelist Reopened! [BTW 4

Post by ehsanmp »

No.
william711

Post by william711 »

andreinawolf wrote:Banned hoshi711 for bloodwood spam at nether spawn. While the auditing logs do not show any other actions around that time that would indicate obvious griefing attempts, bloodwood is very dangerous so I'm going to be precautious here. If you can explain your actions please post a reply here.

Edit: Revised after looking into other logged actions around that time.
I have never griefed before and I certainly wouldn't consider doing it again but that doesn't excuse what I did and I don't expect you to. I know you said post if I have an explanation, but I don't have one. I did want to post however to say that I am sorry for planting the bloodwood trees and the trouble they may have caused you.
Habsnorre

Post by Habsnorre »

Is the server down again? I cannot connect to it.

Cheers
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Habsnorre wrote:Is the server down again? I cannot connect to it.

Cheers
Yeah looks like there has been some router related issues tonight. Talking with life about it now.
Habsnorre

Post by Habsnorre »

andreinawolf wrote:
Habsnorre wrote:Is the server down again? I cannot connect to it.

Cheers
Yeah looks like there has been some router related issues tonight. Talking with life about it now.
Thanks for the fast respond. Guess I'll go sleep. Are we going to get a rollback?
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

william711 wrote:I have never griefed before and I certainly wouldn't consider doing it again but that doesn't excuse what I did and I don't expect you to. I know you said post if I have an explanation, but I don't have one. I did want to post however to say that I am sorry for planting the bloodwood trees and the trouble they may have caused you.
Hey hoshi! After I looked over my logs the ban really just became a precautionary measure. Once I have access to the server I'll lift the ban :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Habsnorre wrote:Are we going to get a rollback?
Nope :) This is just a network issue. The server is still online but we can't access it.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Server is back up!
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

ehsanmp wrote: If you need inspiration, talk to Mikko_Blu, he is the shit.
I have a looting scroll for you by the way.
Tsugumi Henduluin

Post by Tsugumi Henduluin »

Hiya!

Veteran forum lurker here that would like to get back into BTW, but could use a tad of motivation in the form of company of fellow players.
Have played MC for almost 2.5 years now and started BTW at V2.63, according to my bookmark anyway. So while I'm not completely familiar with the new additions to the mod over the past year or so (although I've kept up-to-date by reading the changelogs and forums), I am at the very least not a completely incompetent walking disaster. In emergencies, I am also known to be able to handle myself fairly well on a wiki.

I made a bit over 25 trips around Sol and would like to think I'm a fairly friendly, helpful and casual kind of guy... though a bit quiet maybe as I tend to keep my mouth shut unless I have something worthwhile to say :p

I must admit that I am not quite the hardcore MC player I used to be though, so I'll probably won't be on for more than an hour or so a day on average, but if that's not an issue, I'd very much like to roll by the server every now and then~ Assuming there's still space on the whitelist of course.

IGN is Henduluin.

Hopefully I'll see you soon, but thank you either way~
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Tsugumi Henduluin wrote: IGN is Henduluin
I'm jealous of you. I wish I could be patient enough to not play BTW for a year and then have all this fun content to test out.

Added to the whitelist. See you soon!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Finally got around to creating a web site for the server at http://betterthansolo.com/

It's not hosted on the server itself, so I will be able to post a message there when the server has issues and the BTW forums is inaccessible.

Updated the OP to include links to various parts that were moved to the site. Kept the "Getting on the Whitelist" section here since this is the place to post whitelist requests anyway.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

I had to do a 37 minute roll back just now.

Something changed the session.lock file which MC uses to track if any other server has tried to access the world files. If that happens MC will stop saving chunks, which makes sense. Unfortunately, this also results in MC unloading chunks without making sure they'd been saved first.

I will put in place a change later tonight so the server actually shuts down if it encounters this problem. That will at most lead to 45 seconds worth of lost data.

Update:
===========

I've discovered the source of the problem. I made a copy of the server directory to run a separate instance of MC to test a latency issue. I ran it as different user to make sure I did not accidentally mess up the original copy in some way. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that I had set up that user so it would also have the same access as the other account.

However, I will still be modding MC so it takes proper action in this situation instead of ignoring it.

If you were online during this time and lost a good amount of work, let me know and I'll slave away in some mines to make it up to you.
============
Last edited by andreinawolf on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Updated to 4.57! Enjoy!
Phaizer

Post by Phaizer »

Hi, my name is kaelvin, I'm Brazilian but I'm studying in Ohio, too, am a missionary, I'm a fan of minecraft, and knew better than the wolves just over six months and since then I have kept a home server to play with some friends, though their interest diminished and my rose, so would like to be part of this server, if possible.

IGN Phaize

(sorry for the mistakes of grammar, my English is not as perfect as I'd like)
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

Andre something happen to the Overviewer?
the btw blocks are no sowing at the map anymore.
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

maxsi wrote:Andre something happen to the Overviewer?
the btw blocks are no sowing at the map anymore.
When I moved to the server to the new hardware I forgot to put in place your patches. I'll set them up soon :)
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Yet another spawner that my portal was created in when I was making the rail line. This time it looks like it should have been a double spawner but instead one is cobble? Not sure what happened there.
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Phaizer wrote:Hi, my name is kaelvin, I'm Brazilian but I'm studying in Ohio, too, am a missionary, I'm a fan of minecraft, and knew better than the wolves just over six months and since then I have kept a home server to play with some friends, though their interest diminished and my rose, so would like to be part of this server, if possible.

IGN Phaize

Read the OP (original post) Phaize. There are some things you missed :P
Phaizer

Post by Phaizer »

Phaizer wrote:Hi, my name is kaelvin, I'm Brazilian but I'm studying in Ohio, too, am a missionary, I'm a fan of minecraft, and knew better than the wolves just over six months and since then I have kept a home server to play with some friends, though their interest diminished and my rose, so would like to be part of this server, if possible.

IGN Phaize

i ve read all the rules and i agree to the rules in your request!

i do believe this is the only one step that i miss....^^
OlbaiD

Post by OlbaiD »

Hi.

I would like to join your server.

My resumé:
1. IGN: Ab00t
2. Age: 28 and counting
3. Forum: Not very active, but i visit almost daily
4. Experience:
- I started playing MC 1,5 years ago, first single player and then two small co-op servers (friendly), the last one i was admin.
- I started playing BTW maybe 1 year ago, SP and one small co-op server with my friends until they lost interest in the game
5. About your server:
- I read and agree the rules
- I'm tired of playing solo and thats why i want to join your server
- I may not be the most active player, but i'll be respectful, build in harmony with the community and work together if needed.

Please check some of my previous activity:
http://s13.postimage.org/t5iz8i6jr/2013 ... _07_46.png
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

OlbaiD wrote:IGN: Ab00t
-snip-
Please check some of my previous activity:
http://s13.postimage.org/t5iz8i6jr/2013 ... _07_46.png
Very nice world! Feels very lived in :) Added to the whitelist. See you soon!
andreinawolf

Post by andreinawolf »

Skrump wrote:IGN:Skrumpti0uzZ
I missed your post. I think this was around the time of the server outages. Only reason I discovered it was because of Ehsan's confusing "No" post lol. Added to the whitelist. See you soon!
Phaizer

Post by Phaizer »

hi, i was wondering ... I was wondering if you have not seen / read my post yet, or rejected me ... because I really wanted to play lol

anyway thanks ^ ^

ign: Phaize
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)