Villager Sorting via Hitbox

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Rawny

Villager Sorting via Hitbox

Post by Rawny »

A possible quick fix for sorting villagers could be a change in the villager kid hit boxes.

In the image bellow they had a full block and a half and still took suffocation damage from piston pushed blocks.
Spoiler
Show
A search didn't return much info on villager plans since plans of RTH.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
embirrim

Re: Villager Sorting via Hitbox

Post by embirrim »

Yeah, fixing baby villager hitbox would be very welcome, and it would lead to some unique builds to sorting villagers based on size, instead of time as with most other breeding facilities. I support this and have wanted it since I came up with a way to farm them only to discover this bug.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I won't be touching villagers. If anything, I may remove their current scroll drops to discourage their farming, since villager farms are currently rather exploity in nature.

If I were to tackle villagers, it would likely result in the complete overhaul I was previously planning, and I am no longer willing to do that.
Locke

Post by Locke »

FlowerChild wrote:If anything, I may remove their current scroll drops to discourage their farming, since villager farms are currently rather exploity in nature.
Aww :(

But it's fun watching them die.
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Locke wrote: Aww :(
You probably don't realize this, so I'll restrain my impulse to hurl a number of 4 letter words at you in response, but the villager changes I had in mind probably would have added up to about a month of work for me.

Expressing disappointment at my unwillingness to invest my time in it is thus perhaps less than appropriate.
Locke

Post by Locke »

I didn't know you were considering going forth with it, by the way you phrased it I assumed you were just considering it. It's your mod and you can do with it what you like, this mod has given me tons of enjoyment and if you think that's the way to go, then I'm fully behind you.

Anyway I can always just hop onto creative and set up an automated murder machine if I'm particularly mad.
FlowerChild wrote: Hehehe...BTW: Making Minecraft a little more vile with each release :)
Spoilered for convenience :)
Spoiler
Show