Help Finding Villages/Certain Biomes In MC

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
XboxAddict77

Help Finding Villages/Certain Biomes In MC

Post by XboxAddict77 »

Hello there. I am currently trying to find both a NPC Village and a Swamp Biome to find a witch. I want to make a witch farm to get glowstone and redstone. I want an NPC village to get emeralds by trading any help other than just walking in a direction?
Any Help?
Elevatator

Re: Help Finding Villages/Certain Biomes In MC

Post by Elevatator »

I don´t think you are able to get glow and redstone from witches in Better than Wolves.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
XboxAddict77

Post by XboxAddict77 »

Elevatator wrote:I don´t think you are able to get glow and redstone from witches in Better than Wolves.
Really? Well you learn something new everyday I guess I'll do some testing.
EDIT: Confirmed Witches do not drop glowstone and redstone oh well...
Last edited by XboxAddict77 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Changelog version 4.31:

Code: Select all

Removed glowstone dust, redstone, and gunpowder from the items that witches drop to prevent the devaluing of those resources. 
For your other question, if you want to play legit, just walk in a certain direction for a while and if you're unsuccessful, go back to base and try another direction. Villages are not that rare.

If you're looking for an external programm, you could try AMIDST.
XboxAddict77

Post by XboxAddict77 »

Whisp wrote:Changelog version 4.31:

Code: Select all

Removed glowstone dust, redstone, and gunpowder from the items that witches drop to prevent the devaluing of those resources. 
For your other question, if you want to play legit, just walk in a certain direction for a while and if you're unsuccessful, go back to base and try another direction. Villages are not that rare.

If you're looking for an external programm, you could try AMIDST.
I'll try AMIDST
XboxAddict77

Post by XboxAddict77 »

After a few minutes of looking at what it was I tried AMIDST It worked great There should be a village a few hundred blocks east of my Base Thank you guys!
XboxAddict77

Post by XboxAddict77 »

Since it has to do with Villages are the drops for Iron Golems the same?
ThePuzzleMasher

Post by ThePuzzleMasher »

It's kinda late for this but you can create a village by curing zombie villagers. It's harder and you won't get carrots or potatoes but it saves the hassle of trying to transport them to your base.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:-Added ability for Vases to blow up if they are broken while containing Blasting Oil.
Gunnerman21 wrote:This will also make Link from the Zelda series cower in fear
Which I bet all those pottery making families will love
XboxAddict77

Post by XboxAddict77 »

ThePuzzleMasher wrote:It's kinda late for this but you can create a village by curing zombie villagers. It's harder and you won't get carrots or potatoes but it saves the hassle of trying to transport them to your base.
Actually I found one with AMIDST thanks for the help.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

just a word of advise for your own enjoyment. try to limit (or entirly eliminate) your use of external programs such as admist and stuff, i used to use them alot as well and as time went by i found it was only takeing away from the enjoyment of the game. after a while i had decided to just start a new world and this tiume not use ANY form of cheating at all (as i had done with my previous world)

and i have to say, it was frustrating as fuck as first. but little by little i kept forcing my self not to use them, and after a while i found my self haveing more fun in MC then i had in a long time. it took my almost a month and a half to finally find a village with carrot/potatos. (kept searching on and off) and i cant tell you how satisfying it was to finally find it! sure it took me a while, but it felt ten times more rewarding then if i had used a program like admist.

so ya, i know not everyone will agree with me (but most here probably will) but if iv learned anything from HC beds/info, its that takeing the easy/cheaty way out, only ends up hurting your own enjoyment in the end, even if your convinced that it wont. obviously in the end....to each his own, but just give it a try without such external assistance next time, just to see if you have more fun or not. you might be surprized by the results! (i know i was!) :D
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

odranoel wrote:just a word of advise for your own enjoyment. try to limit (or entirly eliminate) your use of external programs such as admist and stuff, i used to use them alot as well and as time went by i found it was only takeing away from the enjoyment of the game. after a while i had decided to just start a new world and this tiume not use ANY form of cheating at all (as i had done with my previous world)

and i have to say, it was frustrating as fuck as first. but little by little i kept forcing my self not to use them, and after a while i found my self haveing more fun in MC then i had in a long time. it took my almost a month and a half to finally find a village with carrot/potatos. (kept searching on and off) and i cant tell you how satisfying it was to finally find it! sure it took me a while, but it felt ten times more rewarding then if i had used a program like admist.

so ya, i know not everyone will agree with me (but most here probably will) but if iv learned anything from HC beds/info, its that takeing the easy/cheaty way out, only ends up hurting your own enjoyment in the end, even if your convinced that it wont. obviously in the end....to each his own, but just give it a try without such external assistance next time, just to see if you have more fun or not. you might be surprized by the results! (i know i was!) :D
This. I also used to cheat a lot (Beta 1.6/7), but BTW convinced me not to, and it was much more fun that way.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
XboxAddict77

Post by XboxAddict77 »

[RANT]
Thank you both and I already have decided to limit myself and in response dwanraider BTW also did the same for me as I used Forge mods when BTW was a part of Forge, then came TMI, and then I just decided to drop Forge mods and BTW was just way more fun. I am slowly not using TMI as much as I used to. For the first time since Beta 1.6, (when I bought MC), I almost have a legit world with mines and a house I got the materials myself and built. I cheated on saplings though due to it being a extreme hills and having no trees for a while but i am growing a forest, and a farmand my mine is probably small but for me its huge. I Love SSP. [END RANT]
wizardglick

Post by wizardglick »

odranoel wrote:just a word of advise for your own enjoyment. try to limit (or entirly eliminate) your use of external programs such as admist and stuff, i used to use them alot as well and as time went by i found it was only takeing away from the enjoyment of the game. after a while i had decided to just start a new world and this tiume not use ANY form of cheating at all (as i had done with my previous world)
Sure. The *big* game-breaker with this program and BTW is that it will immediately show you Strongholds. Since FC made TNT more of a higher level item, requiring some kinda thing from the End. Immediately knowing where the stronghold is a pretty big advantage, especially in SMP.

When I first read this thread and heard of AMIDST, I tried it out to find a mushroom biome. I had never come across one, and assumed they were super rare. Well, the map showed that there were actually two in my vicinity, one that looked to be just outside the range of my last shore exploration. I also noticed that my base wasn't located on the edge of the ocean, but rather on a bay. What I learned from this is that my world was bigger than I was thinking. If you only explore 3 or 4 days away, you are going to be missing _a lot_. Especially since Flowerchild's various Hardcore rules make exploration more fun.

And in the end, my little cheater-ish trip to the mushroom biome didn't even get my anything. No Mooshrooms spawned and I had neither a silk touch shovel or FC's Mcguffin on me....
Grass_Block

Post by Grass_Block »

Talking about that (i didn't created another thread because this one is pretty similar) there is a way to find strongholds that doesn't involve weeks-long expeditions?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Grass_Block wrote:Talking about that (i didn't created another thread because this one is pretty similar) there is a way to find strongholds that doesn't involve weeks-long expeditions?
There is more to ender pearls than meets the eye...
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

SterlingRed wrote:
Grass_Block wrote:Talking about that (i didn't created another thread because this one is pretty similar) there is a way to find strongholds that doesn't involve weeks-long expeditions?
While yes, that is true, I believe you mean ender eyes
Get the Deco Addon here!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

dawnraider wrote:
SterlingRed wrote:
While yes, that is true, I believe you mean ender eyes
My play on words there was a bit of a stretch.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Yeah. I had gotten it, but it took a while, and I figured others would not get it.
Get the Deco Addon here!
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

SterlingRed wrote:
Even, possibly, a robot in disguise?