Embirrim's Server: Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
embirrim

Re: [4.40]Embirrim's Server: What do you do with a drunken p

Post by embirrim »

Detaction wrote:Hey Embirrim! I should be able to be on often now! Just have to install btw.
Nice! I remember you were looking for the moosrhoom island in the nether, still got to have that =). And now that we get a lot of iron from the mobtrap rails aren't a problem anymore.
greengoblint

Post by greengoblint »

Hey, I'd like to help out the server with my buddy, our IG name's are

greengoblint
ryanchilcot98
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

greengoblint wrote:Hey, I'd like to help out the server with my buddy, our IG name's are

greengoblint
ryanchilcot98
Added you both, I will check every now and then if you are on the server to talk to you, since you have few posts on the forum.
Pinecone199

Post by Pinecone199 »

You have a great idea and hopefully a great server I would love to join. I'm not super expirianced in BTW though so I might ask a lot of questions after the early game stuff. IGN Pinecone199
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Pinecone199 wrote:You have a great idea and hopefully a great server I would love to join. I'm not super expirianced in BTW though so I might ask a lot of questions after the early game stuff. IGN Pinecone199
You have 2 posts on the forum, you are not experienced with the mod, and you PM'd me.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Came online a few minutes ago to tidy up the wood farm a bit and noticed that the mobfarm had some work done, so I checked it out. Nice sorting system, but the XP storage appears to be broken. Once the first row filled up, it didn't switch the water stream to the second row of hoppers. And a creeper managed to spawn inside the string storage area, and blew up before I could do anything about it :(
I repaired it to the best of my ability, but I wasn't sure what the original design was so pieces might be missing. You should take a look next time you're online. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:Came online a few minutes ago to tidy up the wood farm a bit and noticed that the mobfarm had some work done, so I checked it out. Nice sorting system, but the XP storage appears to be broken. Once the first row filled up, it didn't switch the water stream to the second row of hoppers. And a creeper managed to spawn inside the string storage area, and blew up before I could do anything about it :(
I repaired it to the best of my ability, but I wasn't sure what the original design was so pieces might be missing. You should take a look next time you're online. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(
Hm, the wood farm seems to be a bit slow, verging on not working. I believe the ceiling has to be 1 blocks higher, and maybe add another saw.
As for the XP storage, it's working fine, it goes from left to right. It was full, the last row of hoppers was the one with the light on. It has a slight flaw, if the XP that trigggered the "full" command for each row despawns, the light indicating that row is full turns off. The water doesn't go back in, I took that in account when building, but the light unfortunately goes off. However the last light will always be on when it is full. I am at around level 120 just from testing around with different designs and taking some XP showers. I really hope FC implements XP storage before moving on to RTH, although it is unlikely. I've always thought hopper XP storage wasn't very good. Total hoppers in that build is 48, btw.
And I think I easily fixed the storage unit, just a cauldron missing. No idea where the creeper came from, it was well lit. It probably passed through some blocks in the killing part and somehow wiggled it's way down.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Yeah I threw a few torches around the offending area just to be sure. I'll raise the roof another block on the tree farm as well when I get access to a computer again. I noticed that the hoppers had nothing new in them since I was last on, but I was too tired to think of why...
And I have no idea what was going on at the XP storage then. I'll just chalk it up to sleep deprived hallucinations...methinks it's naptime

A short while later:

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:And I have no idea what was going on at the XP storage then. I'll just chalk it up to sleep deprived hallucinations...methinks it's naptime
Haha, just flip the lever and take a shower. From 0 to 57 in a few seconds.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

So my brother managed to spill something gross all over my computer...So I need to scrape together some money for a new one, and I won't be able to play until that happens >.<
Excuse me while I go beat the everloving shit out of him.

A short while later:

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Unfortunately I am going to shut down the server. Nobody has joined for more than 2 weeks, and with the very low player count before that, it really isn't worth it.
I have always though BTW is a mod that lends itself far more to creative building than anarchy play, and even though it is designed with anarchy in mind, in my honest opinion it is by far more rewarding and fun to use everything you have at your disposal to create massive automated builds, factory lines and incredible mobtraps, than to hide in a hole in the ground and try to make all your builds the size of a half-block.
Don't get me wrong, there are a few things I find interesting about anarchy, namely dealing with sound, but that's about it. I think the mod encourages you to build big, clunky, oversized, exactly the way FC's SP world looks like in his screens. And in anarchy I don't get that. Not only with BTW, but the whole engine of the game and the mentality behind it discourages anarchy, in my opinion.
And since everybody has a different way of doing things, I have also come to the conclusion that BTW is, to me, a SP mod. What I tried to do with this server was to bring different ways of building together, in order to build everything we could and connect it in every way possible. It clearly did not work. Most of the builds on the server are mine, although some people did build their own contraptions and they are very good, namely the cow farm, tree farm, the beggining of the nether builds, etc. But most of the time I felt like I was playing SP with people helping me.

So all in all, thank you to everybody that lent a hand and that contributed, it was fun. If you are interested in a map download, go ahead and say so, or if the thread is already locked, PM me. I will continue to play the map on my own.
Rianaru

Re: Embirrim's Server: Closed

Post by Rianaru »

Sorry. I would have been on lately, but like I said previously, a lack of a computer makes it hard to play minecraft :(

I'm really sad that a great server had to be shut down due to lack of activity...

A short while later:

embirrim

Re: Embirrim's Server: Closed

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:I'm really sad that a great server had to be shut down due to lack of activity...
So am I, but clearly it wasn't a great server to that many people =)